Clenport M108 jammed

Got a vending technical question you need answered?
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Clenport M108 jammed

Post by Quinch »

I've got a M108 coin mech jam, normally I can fix them by tapping the handle with a rubber mallet until the coin drops through but this one is totally stuck. The problem is it's difficult to remove the mech unless the handle is in the horizontal position because it won't slide up through the slot in the drum. Would appreciate any suggestions that don't involve breaking the drum/barrel
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Re: Clenport M108 jammed

Post by Style »

Is the coin mech not clipped in from the back like the M81? It seems odd to change that.

If its like some M42 (Pringles towers i have) then I find I can get the mech of by levering a screwdriver between the mech and the drum.
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Quinch »

Hello mate thanks for the input. The M108 is basically an M42/49 body with segments on top that fit the small pots instead of Pringles/Maxi pots so the mech, drum and internals are all the same. I'm assuming they're all similar but with mine the drum has a circular metal plate with a vertical slot in it so the mech has to be slid out vertically, rather than popped out the front like an M81/tubz vending tower.
I did try to prise it out as you suggest but I thought I was on the point of breaking the plastic housing around the mech so stopped. The annoying thing is that even when totally dismantling the machine there is no way to remove the mech from the inside that I can see
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Ive often thought the case would crack but Ive always managed to get them out that way.
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Quinch »

I got the mech out eventually by removing the circular metal plate the drum attaches to behind it. The whole design of the drum assembly seems a bit odd to me, in the M81 the two halves of the body come apart and the drum can be easily removed but in the M108/M42 I can't see a way of removing the drum with normal tools. The plate I removed is riveted in so I had to drill the rivets out, remove the drum then remove the coin mech. Would be interested to hear from anyone who has removed and replaced a drum in a Pringles machine and how they did it
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

I had the same problem with a machine a couple of years ago. I emailed Miguel who in fairness sent replacement parts FOC
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Quinch »

Yeah Clenport are pretty good at sending replacement parts out. I don't actually need any replacement parts for this issue as nothing is broken I would just like to know if there's an easier way to remove the barrel but after stripping the machine totally I'm pretty certain there isn't another way of doing it other than drilling the rivets out.

Anyway I've riveted the drum back in, rebuilt the machine and it's working fine. The mech jam was caused by a mind-bogglingly unlikely issue where a small piece of plastic had cracked off a segment then fell down the back of the drum and somehow got caught in the metal bolt that sits in the back of the drum which then stopped it from rotating around the metal housing at the back??! Certainly the weirdest jam I've ever had
newmark
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Google

Post by newmark »

Ive had M108's jamming a few times.... even brand new machines. Usually coins backed up behind the mech.

Easiest fix is re.ove the plastic cover over the coin mech (leave mech though), then use pliers or tweezers to remove offending coins.

One you have removed a few, remaining coins should drop down and mech will turn freely.

Biggest problem is people trying to rotate segments when jammed, cracking segments at bottom :(
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Sweet Tower Pringles Tomy Gatcha
Referred by?: Online

Post by JavaGreen »

Yes, biggest problem with the 108's is that the segments are very thin. I have about 12 of these, always problematic and not as robust as the 81's.
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

Get a strong screw driver jam it between the mech and machime and prise the mech free. you may have to use force and the front of the machine will bend but it will not break!