northwestern help

Got a vending technical question you need answered?
craig12
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: internet

northwestern help

Post by craig12 »

is anyone on the forum from south Yorkshire way Sheffield/Rotherham/Barnsley/Doncaster/chesterfield , I'm looking for some basic help on my northwestern machines just basic stuff nothing too technical
newmark
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Google

Re: northwestern help

Post by newmark »

Hi, to be honest you probably dont need someone local - there is a wealth of experience in this group, and by asking any questions or explaining any problems, I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

I'm not famiar with Northwesters, however I have operated a number of Beaver RB16's in the past and I imagine they are similar in the way they work.

Regarding lining things op properly (as you mentioned in your earlier post), I would imagine the seller was refering to the vending wheel (the part which rotates when the handle is turned. This will have empty segments where the product sits before being vended - this needs to be set up with an empty segment directly over the vending chute when the handle horizontal. THis means that when a customer puts in a coin and turns the handle, the next segment will line up correctly and the product dispense.

Hope that helps! Best of luck, Mark
craig12
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: internet

Post by craig12 »

i think from what i can gather that all 3 of my machines arent set to sweets , one or two might be capsules, which isnt what i want is it diff parts i need to vend mms, skittles
beanotown2000
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: Google

Post by beanotown2000 »

Hi Craig

Think im speaking to you on ebay.

If you have the Capsule wheel in your machine you won't be able to get a proper vend with sweets. it would mean you have to change the wheel and portioning device inside the machine.

Kind regards
Jason
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

I been using Northwesterns for years, give me a call if you want. Jason's right you need sepate wheels for sweets or toys. Just try vending a 32mm capsule, lining up as explained in the above post. The toy wheel has three circular apatures with springs acting as separators. The only problem I've had with Northwesterns is sprocket wheel on the coin mech slipping when engaging with the toy wheel. To prevent this make sure that the removable hopper unit is properly tightened before locking the unit together.

Pete
07920 260 960