Site finder

Got a vending technical question you need answered?
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Re: Site finder

Post by PGBrew »

Dear all,

As a vending business owner it is my responsibility for finding quality new sites, Site finders can help but success, for the reasons Barbara has stated can be restricted. If you was a full time professional business then you will need 'Grade A' sites only. Poor quality sites means your business will fail. Over the years I have been offered these businesses for sale and have always walked away as they are valueless.

The way forward for some may be the old fashioned 'wearing out of shoe leather'. You need to get out there and meet people. My suggestion is to work collaboratively with your chosen telesales operator and feed them with all the names, tel nos. and contact names of all the people you have called upon so that they can have a for a 2nd trawl. include all the sites you have had a negative response. An expert on the phone may well be able to turn it around for you. Obtain local directories for example 'British Legion' have a directory of all their UK sites. The more information you can feed to your telesales operator the better the results you will get.

Over the years for my business the best way to grow has been by buying other small businesses.

All the best.

Pete
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

PGBrew wrote:
The way forward for some may be the old fashioned 'wearing out of shoe leather'. You need to get out there and meet people. My suggestion is to work collaboratively with your chosen telesales operator and feed them with all the names, tel nos. and contact names of all the people you have called upon so that they can have a for a 2nd trawl. include all the sites you have had a negative response. An expert on the phone may well be able to turn it around for you. Obtain local directories for example 'British Legion' have a directory of all their UK sites. The more information you can feed to your telesales operator the better the results you will get.

Pete
Hi Pete

Totally agree with your comment above regarding working with their chosen tele-siter. I do work with a lot of established vending operators for whom I do just that. They provide me with a list of all the sites that they want me to contact and I give them a full report on the outcome of all calls. All campaigns are kept and updated and the customer adds to the list ongoing. It works wonderfully and results have been very good in the majority of campaigns.

Foot siting is also key to your vending business as you need to get out there and find sites, but it's not for everyone and many lack the confidence, time or ability - I am always encouraging to customers for them to get out there and try it! The worst thing that can happen is the site says NO! Just walk away and go to your next site.

Kind regards,

Barbara
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

Hi Barbara,

I've done plenty of foot canvassing in my professional sales career and gained many valuable clients doing it. I used to say whilst walking up to a site, there is a 95% chance of rejection here, so when you do get rejected, you are not dissapointed! Getting a yes though, is a real buzz.

Pete
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

PGBrew wrote:Hi Barbara,

I've done plenty of foot canvassing in my professional sales career and gained many valuable clients doing it. I used to say whilst walking up to a site, there is a 95% chance of rejection here, so when you do get rejected, you are not dissapointed! Getting a yes though, is a real buzz.

Pete
Hi Pete

And that buzz never goes away! The more "no's" you get, the more "yess's you get" - you just got to keep going.

Barbara
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: walsall, north bham, A5 area
Machines Used: towers, bulk vendors, kiddies rides, football tabl
Location: Walsall, Bham, tamworth, cannock,and surrounding areas in the West Midlands

Post by choice vending »

Site finding for A grade sites is very difficult at the moment. 95% of them have already been taken. Two years ago i came up with a plan to site some grade B sites shall we call them. i discussed this with Barbara and she got me 20 plus sites for me in my area which is quite bulit up and saturated. The plan was to site machines only within 7 miles of my home on the 10% charity basis. i put some cut down machines in with 6 rings high and go every 2 -3 months to them. Now two years on yes a few have been removed due to poor performance but i have 3 sites from that batch that have been upgrade to a 9 high sweet tower and also a pringle machine next to it. i go every 2 months to these sites. i also have about 12 - 15 sites inbetween that tick along slowly and i make sure nothing goes out of date. They are an integral part of my business 10% commission only to pay out and within 7 miles of my house so low fuel costs and quick to service from a traveling point of view. They complement my blue chip sites nicely.

Regards Brian
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Hello Brian

Good to hear from you and that the majority of the sites I got you a few years back are still performing well with some doing exceedingly well.

Your thinking and how you run your business is how we used to run ours and if it wasn't for the B and C sites to fill in, the job of servicing would have been a logistical nightmare and not to mention not cost effective. Having the B and C sites will give the added advantage that you don't have to visit as frequently as the A sites in the same area so you 'harvest' just those sites that will have a minimum amount of money in the machine to make the day's journey worthwhile. You may service a machine next door to one that you will ignore as it will not be worth your while to service thus focussing on just those sites that will give you a good harvest/cash collection.

Hope all is well Brian.

Kind regards,

Barbara
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

I visited a site yesterday I hadnt been to in 5 months, it had £39 with Jellybean charity in it and one or two sweets in each row. Perfect timing, definitely a C site. I could take the machine out and stick it in my garage where it would earn me nothing. I have two other sites on the same estate, both visited every 3 months (ish), I collected from all 3 yesterday. 40 minutes work as I was in the town anyway doing some A sites, collected £118 from those 3. The hourly rate from b and c sites can be great.
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: walsall, north bham, A5 area
Machines Used: towers, bulk vendors, kiddies rides, football tabl
Location: Walsall, Bham, tamworth, cannock,and surrounding areas in the West Midlands

Post by choice vending »

Hi Barbara

Yep all is good my end i will send you an email soon with the stats of how your sites have performed over the last 2 and half years since we started. i was surprised how many you got me i kinda forgot lol. There was 65 in total and there is about 30 still going ok. My current spring project is siting a load more toy machines into my existing sites. Toy Towers with captules in em there looking good. Last year was all about the coin mech changeover. Later this year of maybe next spring we can go again with another siting campaign.

Regards Brian
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

choice vending wrote:Hi Barbara

Yep all is good my end i will send you an email soon with the stats of how your sites have performed over the last 2 and half years since we started. i was surprised how many you got me i kinda forgot lol. There was 65 in total and there is about 30 still going ok. My current spring project is siting a load more toy machines into my existing sites. Toy Towers with captules in em there looking good. Last year was all about the coin mech changeover. Later this year of maybe next spring we can go again with another siting campaign.

Regards Brian
Hello Brian

Look forward to catching up.

Kind regards,

Barbara