Card Payments

General vending talk
Pigsfoot
Referred by?: Google

Card Payments

Post by Pigsfoot »

Hi, Just bought a used Snakky Max which has a Nayax card reader installed as my first vending machine. Nayax are being a pain as i'm unable to contact the original owner of the card reader and they want written confirmation of transfer even though i have a receipt for the machine and the card reader is part of that machine! Comes across that they are more interested in selling new card readers than providing a card taking service :problem:

Also, i have read that Nayax do not pay out that often which will be important for me as its cash flow.

Can anyone suggest alternatives, looks like i have to by a new card reader anyway so any suggestions and if you can indicate how often they pay out as well that would be appreciated.

Thanks
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: Card Payments

Post by Coin Operated Group »

mei are the same, in fact they all are tbh. You need to open merchant account go through registration process and then add your reader. Lot of people getting caught out buying useless readers Im afraid.

takes a couple of months to sort it all
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Chrisliverpool
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: Liverpool
Machines Used: Polyvend

Post by Chrisliverpool »

hi matt
just jumping on this would you suggest starting the process of opening a new nayax account a good few weeks before installing first machine? and also do you need a card terminal to actually start a nayax account or can you open an account with them without having to initially link a acard terminal and then once its opened purchase one and link it to already opened merchant nayax account?
thanks
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

yes open an account first, nayax will not board a second hand unit for new customer though.
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Post by Quinch »

Chrisliverpool wrote: March 20th, 2023, 4:01 pm hi matt
just jumping on this would you suggest starting the process of opening a new nayax account a good few weeks before installing first machine? and also do you need a card terminal to actually start a nayax account or can you open an account with them without having to initially link a acard terminal and then once its opened purchase one and link it to already opened merchant nayax account?
thanks
Would be interested to know how it goes for you, I set my first Nayax units up a while back and the process was quite simple as the reseller had an account manager to handle it but now Nayax rely on the reseller to input a lot more of the information on the portal. I got a couple more installed recently onto new machines when I ordered them at the end of January and after multiple conversations and emails with the reseller and Nayax support I can see all the sales via the app but I still haven't had a statement and payment. Part of the problem is you can't order direct from Nayax unless you order 25+ units so you're relying on the reseller you got them from to switch the unit over to your account and for the company I got them from from this was very problematic.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nayax will sell you one unit? Who said they cant
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Chrisliverpool
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Chrisliverpool »

Quinch wrote: March 27th, 2023, 1:16 pm
thanks
Would be interested to know how it goes for you, I set my first Nayax units up a while back and the process was quite simple as the reseller had an account manager to handle it but now Nayax rely on the reseller to input a lot more of the information on the portal. I got a couple more installed recently onto new machines when I ordered them at the end of January and after multiple conversations and emails with the reseller and Nayax support I can see all the sales via the app but I still haven't had a statement and payment. Part of the problem is you can't order direct from Nayax unless you order 25+ units so you're relying on the reseller you got them from to switch the unit over to your account and for the company I got them from from this was very problematic.
just had a back and forth with nayax for a bit and they said same as you, that will only sell direct to you if ordering 25plus units, otherwise have give me contact details for reseller coin solutions, which are quite close to me anyway, maybe matt your referiing to if you bulk buy 25plus units intially an then you can order one at a time if needed?
just on a separate but related issue, have you guys everheard of vianet group card machines for vending as seen a vending machine near me recently with one of these as opposed to nayax?and also on coinslots/mechs, do you guys have a lot of problems with objects other than coins being put into coin slots, causing damage / blockage, and having to attend just to sort that out how often does that happen?
thanks
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Quinch »

Coin Operated Group wrote: March 27th, 2023, 4:15 pm Nayax will sell you one unit? Who said they cant
Nayax Support team said that to me, they only sell direct to 'merchants' and to be a merchant you have to order 25+ units. In my case it wasn't particularly relevant anyway as I wanted the Nayax unit integrated into the machine which the company did really well, if I'd got it direct from Nayax I would have had to pay someone to retrofit it and it wouldn't have looked so good.
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Quinch »

Chrisliverpool wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 12:03 pm
Quinch wrote: March 27th, 2023, 1:16 pm
thanks
just had a back and forth with nayax for a bit and they said same as you, that will only sell direct to you if ordering 25plus units, otherwise have give me contact details for reseller coin solutions, which are quite close to me anyway, maybe matt your referiing to if you bulk buy 25plus units intially an then you can order one at a time if needed?
just on a separate but related issue, have you guys everheard of vianet group card machines for vending as seen a vending machine near me recently with one of these as opposed to nayax?and also on coinslots/mechs, do you guys have a lot of problems with objects other than coins being put into coin slots, causing damage / blockage, and having to attend just to sort that out how often does that happen?
thanks
I've heard of Vianet but never used them, I think Nayax have the best rates because they own the units, the app/portal and even their own bank so they're not having to pay anyone else for services, it's all in-house. Even saying that, based on my recent experience I would struggle to recommend them as the account switching process was a nightmare.

You're bound to get the odd thing stuffed into the coin slots but I haven't found it to be much of an issue and it's normally simple to remove the mech and clear any jam. Certainly not as often as the mechanical mechs on sweet towers etc where the age of the users is generally lower and you're more likely to get wrong coins, bits of paper and the classic; 1p wrapped in foil to make it the size of a pound coin (never works but the myth continues..)
Chrisliverpool
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Chrisliverpool »

yeah just hearing horror stories about coin slots and mechs getting all sorts thrown in them and jammed, suppose its just the hazrd of the business