Hello I’m new to vending, great info thanks

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
MattP17
Area Covered: Warrington
Machines Used: tubz vending/Hurleys style
Referred by?: From a friend who was in the vending bus

Hello I’m new to vending, great info thanks

Post by MattP17 »

Hi I’m Matt, I’m totally new to vending, beginning the back end of last year, and was only told about this forum today after purchasing a couple of machines off a very knowledgeable forum member. Thought I’d say hello 👋

I managed to begin my journey with an initial 8 older model tubz vending machines which I got for £150 as the guy just wanted rid of them. I was surprised with the condition though which was very good though some parts were missing and I needed to convert the mechs to new £1 coin. I got four working and presentable machines from this batch due to missing parts and heavy stickering especially those big white A4 types that are a nightmare to remove!

Later I got another two machines and have so far managed to self site 5. Planning on scaling this year now it looks like restrictions won’t return 🤞

This forum is an absolute goldmine of knowledge which is evident from the few threads I’ve read through so far. What a fantastic resource 🙏
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello I’m new to vending, great info thanks

Post by Admin »

welcome mat
MattP17

Post by MattP17 »

Thank you Admin. Just a quick question. If you run tubz vending/Hurleys machines, how long did it take you guys to scale it up to 100 machines or more please? I suppose everyone is different but just looking for any common themes or best practices before I hit the pitfalls! Thank you

Matt
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Welcome Matt. It took me about a year to get to 100 machines. But it does depend on where you are and what sort of sites you are after. Siting stand alone sweet towers particularly on a charity basis can be fairly quick and easy but they are becoming less and less profitable.

Look at getting some toy machines to site alongside your sweet towers. The margin is better and when you visit a site you will be emptying two machines instead of one.

Good luck in your venture

Andy
MattP17

Post by MattP17 »

Thanks Andy, I have only used tubz vending and the margins so far do seem very tight as I’m giving 20% to the location which are also a little spread out. I think an additional toy tower is a great idea where possible. Are tubz vending toys the way to go? I was thinking of trying the Pringles route but still undecided.
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Hello Matt

Welcome to the Coin Op Group.

Building to 100 vendors is dependent on several factors, ie do you have the money to purchase 100 and where in the country you are operating your business. In today's market, which is quite mature, it's a matter of finding sites that will give you a good return but also commission that you are paying out could be a deal breaker if you are paying too much.

Let's say you have 100 machines right now, you can get them placed within 2 weeks at just 10 placements per day. If you are wanting to grow organically then that's going to take a long, long time and to be honest, not a route I would want to take as you are going into business to get extra £1's in your pocket. Going the organic route also means that by the time you get to where you want to go, the business model has changed and you have invested and put in all the additional capital to no avail.

Starting with 10 and working up in small increments is best and to make sure your area has the opportunities to enable you to grow.

Hope the above helps.

Regards

Barbara
MattP17

Post by MattP17 »

Thank you Barbara, there is a lot of competition in the area but I’m going to have to go the slower route for now, just learning as I go. I have some time off this week so I’m trying to place the rest of my machines and decide if I can double up at any of the locations I already have.

Cheers Matt
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: ST
Referred by?: Barbara

Post by radical.richard »

Hi Matt

Glad you found the forum ok.

If you need any further help let me know

Cheers
MattP17

Post by MattP17 »

Thanks Richard, really appreciate your help and advice. It was great to meet you 👍

Cheers Matt
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

Mate

I wouldn't bother with pringles unless you are putting a £1.50 or £2 mech on, there is no money in it
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk