Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Whats the future for sweet vending?

Post by Style »

I have gradually moved my business towards toys/ rides so that over 50% of our income is now derived from this. It does mean though that I still sell a lot of sweets but it is becoming less and less profitable.

Yes we can self pot
Yes we can buy cheaper lines
But with prices under the pressure they are this is just delaying the inevitable.

Will we see different machines or a return to beaver type machines set at £1 where you just but a handful of sweets or a two coin vend?

interested in peoples thoughts?

Andy
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Re: Whats the future for sweet vending?

Post by Quinch »

I think logically card readers should be the way to go as they can be set at any price so a price bump to £1.20/£1.40 would be more palatable to the customers. Unfortunately I haven't seen any yet that can be retrofitted to old style towers so it involves buying new expensive machines which is obviously a huge outlay unless a retrofitting option becomes available.

Self-potting can work with certain lines that can be potted quickly but plastic prices have gone up also so pots are more expensive now than a few years ago, I did it a bit in the early days but found that once my round got bigger I just didn't have the time.

I'm actually amazed in the age of Covid that machines like Beavers dispensing loose sweets still exist but I still see them about so people must be using them, would be interested to hear from anyone who has them whether their sales have took a hammering.

I'm dreading the idea of changing to a two coin vend as the whole mech has to be replaced but it may be inevitable. £1.20 probably wouldn't cut it because we would be faced with changing it again in the next couple of years, not sure £1.50 is possible so would be potentially looking at jumping straight to a £2 vend. I know some places have already done this, especially in London, so would be good to hear from anyone who has took the plunge already but even if the suppliers increase the fill weights how it affects sales will be a big leap in the dark.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Cost of card readers is ridiculous at the moment and theres a shortage.Im hoping more people use the quicker the prices come down .

If any of you guys operate bigger machines or use card reader and use them can you pm what deals you are getting.
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Post by Style »

Quinch wrote: January 12th, 2022, 2:01 am I think logically card readers should be the way to go as they can be set at any price so a price bump to £1.20/£1.40 would be more palatable to the customers. Unfortunately I haven't seen any yet that can be retrofitted to old style towers so it involves buying new expensive machines which is obviously a huge outlay unless a retrofitting option becomes available.

Self-potting can work with certain lines that can be potted quickly but plastic prices have gone up also so pots are more expensive now than a few years ago, I did it a bit in the early days but found that once my round got bigger I just didn't have the time.

I'm actually amazed in the age of Covid that machines like Beavers dispensing loose sweets still exist but I still see them about so people must be using them, would be interested to hear from anyone who has them whether their sales have took a hammering.

I'm dreading the idea of changing to a two coin vend as the whole mech has to be replaced but it may be inevitable. £1.20 probably wouldn't cut it because we would be faced with changing it again in the next couple of years, not sure £1.50 is possible so would be potentially looking at jumping straight to a £2 vend. I know some places have already done this, especially in London, so would be good to hear from anyone who has took the plunge already but even if the suppliers increase the fill weights how it affects sales will be a big leap in the dark.

The problem with card readers is the cost. I've got a couple on kiddie rides. Monthly cost £10 + VAT. plus 3% of sales. Thats after you have paid a small fortune to get it fitted in the first place. It would only ever work for towers that were emptying every week.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

£10 p/m and 3% whos that with ?
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Post by Style »

NAYAX
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

:shock:
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Post by Style »

Why shocked Matt? Am I paying too much or too cheap?
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

Too much, I wasnt happy @ £7 and 2% but I have about 75 readers on so it adds up every month. Thing is its £7 per month for 1 or 1000
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Post by Style »

Oh wow that a big difference. Who is that with?