'tubz vending'? Start Vending?

Accounts, Finance, Legal & Franchising information here
Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Kent
Machines Used: Vending towers
Referred by?: On google

Re: 'tubz vending vending'? Start Vending?

Post by Central2vend »

Michael

Definately location location location.
As to weather branded towers sell better than non branded, I don't know as all of mine are branded.
This can be the easiest business to run but be aware can also be very challenging with things like:

You loose good sites because management changes and they don't like machine.
You find a good site and the machine is stolen.
You find a good site and people feed the machine with fake coins.
You go to install and site decides they don't want the machine after all.

All of above can happen and more but you need to take the rough with the smooth and perceiver.
MickMcKay
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: Googled for 'tubz vending Vending Reviews'.

Re: 'tubz vending vending vending'? Start Vending?

Post by MickMcKay »

Ade wrote:Mick, firstly steve at snackmore doesnt sell franchises he is basically saying that if he did then he would make sure he was constantly at end of the phone like tubz vending vending, so dont go off that experience as with hurleys.
not defending hurleys but they are a 2 man operation, so not always at end of phone.
me and tubz vending vending well.......................
they sold me the franchise, then told me of a route up for sale in my area which included the snowdome, which is a huge site. so i got details contacted seller and paid £3700 for 8 sites, which had around 15 towers total.
a lot of money for so little but the snowdome was the deal breaker.
All was going well but later down the line i decided being a franchisee is not what i was after or wanted, i wanted my own buisness but was guided by tubz vending vending.
so i made it clear to them i was going to look at self packing and hurleys stock but would also use them.
so they re sold the snowdome to another operator who promptly turned up with 4 towers to install, needless to say the snowdome got fed up of tubz vending vending harrasing them on the phone and duly kicked us both out.
but they didnt stop there, they phoned all my sites and told them the following:

i was operating illegally
i had no liability insurance
i was putting incorrect stock in their towers
foreign bodies had been found in my tubs!!!

yep im still operating but no franchise, as i say tubz vending vending are ok as long as your feeding them money

Ade
Wow. That's quite the hit. Really sorry to hear about that. I appreciate your experience you have shared.
Do you feel there's a downside being independent and not having any corporate support?

Again, thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Michael McKay
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Hello Michael

First of all, welcome to the Coin Op Group.

It sounds like you have been considering vending for a number of years and it's good to read you are doing your research. I provide a lot of useful information on my website, have a read when you have a moment, it summarises how the business is today: www.vendingsitingservices.co.uk. There are still good opportunities to be had and as some have already mentioned, some areas are very difficult to acquire sites in where established vending operators have been for years and it's hard work getting good decent sites and as Steve has mentioned- I can't perform miracles. If the sites have gone they've gone.

Key is to start small, say 10 towers. Test the market in your area and once your towers are sited - wait for a couple of months. Before anyone goes big in this business it is wise to make sure you are able and wanting to give the business what it needs to succeed. We have always had a mantra which we have used for the last 25 years ....... "Vending is an easy business ..... To get WRONG!

tubz vending and Hurleys are both very established companies and they will both give you what you need. As Joe has already said, it's who you feel most comfortable with.

Being independent is no issue either as you have a lot of colleagues here who are more than willing to share with you their experiences. The tower industry has been around for years and there are no secrets as to how to operate it.

Please feel free to ask away with any questions and I am sure there will be a lot here to help out.

Good luck with what you decide to do.

Kind regards,

Barbara
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

no issues being independant whatsoever micheal, as barbra said always plenty of help and this forum is one of those avenues.
just be in control of what ever you decide, and dont sign anything.

Ade
MickMcKay
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by MickMcKay »

Siting Services wrote:Hello Michael

First of all, welcome to the Coin Op Group.

It sounds like you have been considering vending for a number of years and it's good to read you are doing your research. I provide a lot of useful information on my website, have a read when you have a moment, it summarises how the business is today: www.vendingsitingservices.co.uk. There are still good opportunities to be had and as some have already mentioned, some areas are very difficult to acquire sites in where established vending operators have been for years and it's hard work getting good decent sites and as Steve has mentioned- I can't perform miracles. If the sites have gone they've gone.

Key is to start small, say 10 towers. Test the market in your area and once your towers are sited - wait for a couple of months. Before anyone goes big in this business it is wise to make sure you are able and wanting to give the business what it needs to succeed. We have always had a mantra which we have used for the last 25 years ....... "Vending is an easy business ..... To get WRONG!

tubz vending vending and Hurleys are both very established companies and they will both give you what you need. As Joe has already said, it's who you feel most comfortable with.

Being independent is no issue either as you have a lot of colleagues here who are more than willing to share with you their experiences. The tower industry has been around for years and there are no secrets as to how to operate it.

Please feel free to ask away with any questions and I am sure there will be a lot here to help out.

Good luck with what you decide to do.

Kind regards,

Barbara
Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your warm welcome. I've heard a lot about you from the information I have found laying around on the internet. :D

Did you operate a franchise model similar to tubz vending several years ago?

I've actually only been considering the vending business for less than 1 week with proper research and number crunching.
I'll have a little look at your website and read through the information.

I'm more of a person who likes to stick with one type of model - the simplier, the better. In your personal opinion, what do you think is better for newcomers, tubz vending, Hurleys or being independent?
MickMcKay
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by MickMcKay »

Ade wrote:no issues being independant whatsoever micheal, as barbra said always plenty of help and this forum is one of those avenues.
just be in control of what ever you decide, and dont sign anything.

Ade
Where do I sign? ;)
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

My advice. Go independent, buy 2nd hand machines and site yourself if you can. If not use Barbara. I use Hurleys and have never has an issue with them.

But first look at your area, there are many areas now where there are only scrappy rubbish sites available!

Regards

ANdy
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

To confirm mate I do not sell franchises.............

I was trying to (poorly obviously) get a point across
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Hi Michael

Yes, we have been in vending for over 25 years and we did run a franchise for 20+ years! plus we used to run several thousand vendors as well and we pioneered charity vending in the UK. We are now retired from that side of the business and I now offer site finding, brokerage and consultancy.

I personally would not like to say which way you should go as this has to be your decision based on what you feel is best for you. You have heard the opinions of others here which are all fair. For some individuals they feel more comfortable going with an established Franchisor whereas others don't. Whichever way you choose, just start small and see how it pans out.

Regards,

Barbara
MickMcKay
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Re: 'tubz vending vending vending vending'? Start Vending?

Post by MickMcKay »

Style wrote:My advice. Go independent, buy 2nd hand machines and site yourself if you can. If not use Barbara. I use Hurleys and have never has an issue with them.

But first look at your area, there are many areas now where there are only scrappy rubbish sites available!

Regards

ANdy
I've had a little look over my local area - seems there is an opportunity.

Snackmore wrote:To confirm mate I do not sell franchises.............

I was trying to (poorly obviously) get a point across
Thanks for clearing that up (was confused).. :lol:
Would you like to purchase a Snackless Franchise Bundle? :shh:

Siting Services wrote:Hi Michael

Yes, we have been in vending for over 25 years and we did run a franchise for 20+ years! plus we used to run several thousand vendors as well and we pioneered charity vending in the UK. We are now retired from that side of the business and I now offer site finding, brokerage and consultancy.

I personally would not like to say which way you should go as this has to be your decision based on what you feel is best for you. You have heard the opinions of others here which are all fair. For some individuals they feel more comfortable going with an established Franchisor whereas others don't. Whichever way you choose, just start small and see how it pans out.

Regards,

Barbara
Thank you for your advice Barbara. I intend to test out the waters and start small to find out if the business is for me.