'tubz vending'? Start Vending?

Accounts, Finance, Legal & Franchising information here
MickMcKay
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: Googled for 'tubz vending Vending Reviews'.

'tubz vending'? Start Vending?

Post by MickMcKay »

Hi,

I have been looking into starting Vending for the past few weeks after coming across 'tubz vending' Brands on franchise websites.
So far, I'm pretty impressed as I can pick up the phone, give them a call and 99% of the time someone will pick up and answer any questions.

I recently heard of 'Hurley's' yesterday and enquired into their business model. I sent them an email, got a phone call the next day about them sending an email with information. Once I checked my email I had nothing. I called back and the person was 'out of office'.. which give me quite a bad impression, if I'm honest.

I'm interested in starting, but I would like to franchise and if anyone has any advice on which franchise I should choose?
Also, any starting out advice is greatly welcomed.

Regards,
Michael McKay
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Re: 'tubz vending vending vending'? Start Vending?

Post by Snackmore »

Michael where are you based? Thats important as most areas are beyond saturation. Don't believe the hype. Visit 20 pubs in your immediate area and see if they have towers already? If they have it means you will have to travel further for decent sites which will reduce your profit. May also mean you have missed the boat and come along too late.

Buy a franchise off me, I will always answer the phone and give good advice and only £275 per sited machine, minimum 10 machines brand new with stands, that includes VAT. A 10 bundle from tubz vending is £3000...............

Or you could just buy machines yourself arrange site finding on here with the lovely Barbara and buy your stock from either tubz vending or Hurleys with no tie in to either. There are lots of guys on here that will offer advice and support for free, you have only got to read through previous threads and most things are covered anyway.

Barbara can not work miracles however (although she does try) if the area is saturated she can only go for lower turnover sites. Pubs/clubs/playcentres etc are obviously the best

The maths on that option is 10 used machines from an operator on here or ebay (I would try here first as the guys are all honest :liar: (machine and stand delivered £100 each) there were lots available last month!
Site finding fees £225
10 boxes of stock (depending what you buy) no more than £500

So you are then in control of your business for £1725

Or buy a franchise from me...........................

As for suppliers I have never bought from tubz vending, there product is good, marketing great, telesales and branding excellent. I am told they are pushy and very 'salesman' like. They do not care if they site a machine is a site that already has a machine which is pi55 poor hence why I have never used them.

Hurleys on the other hand, there product is good as is their branding, stock and deliveries superb. They try to keep overheads low so do not have 100 people in the office answering the phone but will respond the same day normally. They are honest hard working guys and I trust them, which stands for a lot. They have never been pushy in the 5 years I have used them.

Do however come to me for your franchise bundle, I need a new holiday :D
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Kent
Machines Used: Vending towers
Referred by?: On google

Re: 'tubz vending vending'? Start Vending?

Post by Central2vend »

Hi michael
I can't comment on hurleys as I have no experience of dealing with them.
I have dealt with tubz vending for the last year and a bit so can comment on my experience with them.
I bought a ten package over a year ago and found it a good way to start in the business.
I never experienced any of the negatives mentioned, didn't find them pushy and was told from the start that if I went to install and site already had a tower,I should ring the office and they would find an alternative site.I've also used Barbara and can also recommend her service.the decission to go with a franchise or independent is up to you depending on what help you need with starting a new business. I now have a mixture of independent , franchise and various rounds I have purchased and almost ready to go full time.
This business is hard going at first with many nock backs but once you get to a reasonable size it can be rewarding.
If your the kind of person who doesn't want to travel more than a few miles to install machines then this isn't the right business to look at. Good luck which ever way you decide to go,there's no right or wrong way to start, its what's right for you.
Joe
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

Joe

Excellent response and glad to hear the truth from someone about dealing with tubz vending, i am glad you have had no issues, I will say however that there has been many times where operators have put on here that tubz vending have fooked them over, stating the sites are theirs and not the ops, threatening them with placing machines in 'their' sites unless they order stock etc etc

I am glad you have not experienced this
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Kent
Machines Used: Vending towers
Referred by?: On google

Post by Central2vend »

Steve

I can only comment on my experience and so far its been good. I have read negative comments about tubz vending ,hurleys , and recently Barbara ( how dare they attack babs) anyone coming into this business needs to go with whichever company they feel comfortable with. Do plenty of research and go the route that suits you.
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

im one of the people tubz vending tried to fook over, and trust me if you go with tubz vending you become their *****, as long as you dont upset them by getting ideas of your own then your fine.
Also never believe your running your own buisness with a tubs franchise, you are a franchisee, your running nothing mate, your working for them :wink:
MickMcKay
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Re: 'tubz vending vending vending vending'? Start Vending?

Post by MickMcKay »

Snackmore wrote:Michael where are you based? Thats important as most areas are beyond saturation. Don't believe the hype. Visit 20 pubs in your immediate area and see if they have towers already? If they have it means you will have to travel further for decent sites which will reduce your profit. May also mean you have missed the boat and come along too late.

Buy a franchise off me, I will always answer the phone and give good advice and only £275 per sited machine, minimum 10 machines brand new with stands, that includes VAT. A 10 bundle from tubz vending vending is £3000...............

Or you could just buy machines yourself arrange site finding on here with the lovely Barbara and buy your stock from either tubz vending vending or Hurleys with no tie in to either. There are lots of guys on here that will offer advice and support for free, you have only got to read through previous threads and most things are covered anyway.

Barbara can not work miracles however (although she does try) if the area is saturated she can only go for lower turnover sites. Pubs/clubs/playcentres etc are obviously the best

The maths on that option is 10 used machines from an operator on here or ebay (I would try here first as the guys are all honest :liar: (machine and stand delivered £100 each) there were lots available last month!
Site finding fees £225
10 boxes of stock (depending what you buy) no more than £500

So you are then in control of your business for £1725

Or buy a franchise from me...........................

As for suppliers I have never bought from tubz vending vending, there product is good, marketing great, telesales and branding excellent. I am told they are pushy and very 'salesman' like. They do not care if they site a machine is a site that already has a machine which is pi55 poor hence why I have never used them.

Hurleys on the other hand, there product is good as is their branding, stock and deliveries superb. They try to keep overheads low so do not have 100 people in the office answering the phone but will respond the same day normally. They are honest hard working guys and I trust them, which stands for a lot. They have never been pushy in the 5 years I have used them.

Do however come to me for your franchise bundle, I need a new holiday :D
Based in Leicester. I'm interested in you receiving a holiday, quickly. :liar:

On a serious note though:-

- What do you mean a say 'franchise' from you? Registered brand? Infastructure for stock?
- £275 per sited machine, excluding or including VAT?
- Does the above include stock, flyers, training, and other features, please include.
- What do you do that the competition does not and that benefits ME, the 'franchisee/operator'?
MickMcKay
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by MickMcKay »

Central2vend wrote:Hi michael
I can't comment on hurleys as I have no experience of dealing with them.
I have dealt with tubz vending vending for the last year and a bit so can comment on my experience with them.
I bought a ten package over a year ago and found it a good way to start in the business.
I never experienced any of the negatives mentioned, didn't find them pushy and was told from the start that if I went to install and site already had a tower,I should ring the office and they would find an alternative site.I've also used Barbara and can also recommend her service.the decission to go with a franchise or independent is up to you depending on what help you need with starting a new business. I now have a mixture of independent , franchise and various rounds I have purchased and almost ready to go full time.
This business is hard going at first with many nock backs but once you get to a reasonable size it can be rewarding.
If your the kind of person who doesn't want to travel more than a few miles to install machines then this isn't the right business to look at. Good luck which ever way you decide to go,there's no right or wrong way to start, its what's right for you.
Joe
Hi Joe,

Sounds like your doing well! Does the branded towers generally get more sales compared to the independent towers, or do you think it's location, location, location?

What knock backs did you get when you first started?

Regards,
Michael McKay
MickMcKay
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by MickMcKay »

Ade wrote:im one of the people tubz vending vending tried to fook over, and trust me if you go with tubz vending vending you become their *****, as long as you dont upset them by getting ideas of your own then your fine.
Also never believe your running your own buisness with a tubs franchise, you are a franchisee, your running nothing mate, your working for them :wink:
Hi Ade,

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. Are you still doing vending?
How did they try to fook you (if the don't mind)?

Did you try getting ideas of your own, and if so, what was that? :P

Regards,
Michael McKay
Ade
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

Mick, firstly steve at snackmore doesnt sell franchises he is basically saying that if he did then he would make sure he was constantly at end of the phone like tubz vending, so dont go off that experience as with hurleys.
not defending hurleys but they are a 2 man operation, so not always at end of phone.
me and tubz vending well.......................
they sold me the franchise, then told me of a route up for sale in my area which included the snowdome, which is a huge site. so i got details contacted seller and paid £3700 for 8 sites, which had around 15 towers total.
a lot of money for so little but the snowdome was the deal breaker.
All was going well but later down the line i decided being a franchisee is not what i was after or wanted, i wanted my own buisness but was guided by tubz vending.
so i made it clear to them i was going to look at self packing and hurleys stock but would also use them.
so they re sold the snowdome to another operator who promptly turned up with 4 towers to install, needless to say the snowdome got fed up of tubz vending harrasing them on the phone and duly kicked us both out.
but they didnt stop there, they phoned all my sites and told them the following:

i was operating illegally
i had no liability insurance
i was putting incorrect stock in their towers
foreign bodies had been found in my tubs!!!

yep im still operating but no franchise, as i say tubz vending are ok as long as your feeding them money

Ade