pandaanda
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: mansfield
Machines Used: tower
Referred by?: venderbase

Public liability insurance

Post by pandaanda »

Hi all , it's that time again when I need to renew my public liability insurance , I just checked my renewal documents from intasure and noticed it doesn't cover for anything that comes out of a vending machine , is this normal ? Do we need to be covered for liability in case anyone is injured by products/toys etc from the machine or is that covered by the product manufacturer ?

Cheers

Pete
Charlie--
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: google

Re: Public liability insurance

Post by Charlie-- »

If you buy the products already filled then that will be covered by the filler i.e. Hurleys/ tubz vending etc - If you self pack you will need product liability cover to cover your back.
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

Liability will cover you for the machine, the product inside is down to manufacturer, self packing or supplied. The tub is supplied by a company as are the sweets, make sure you are passed by your local council to self pack as if anyone tries it on that is the first thing they will check.

Ade
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Post by PabloV8 »

Hi Ade,

You are very correct. Self packing is a mine field, a council is at liberty to check that you follow the health & hygiene regulations if you self pack.

Had a site that somehow a kid/toddler had tried to climb up the tower to which the tower fell over and frightened the life out of everybody. Same site a couple of weeks later, a three year old managed to push the tower over and the parent was considering legal action as the tower slightly hit another kid.

Told the site owner that enough is enough, tower is being removed. Seems that in this instance supervision is questionable however I had/and have very good liability insurance so was non-perplexed.

Those three year olds are getting more like Rambo every day :whistle:
Charlie--
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: google

Post by Charlie-- »

You will find that you WILL need the appropriate insurance too, if you self pack. Even though the products (sweets and tubs) are made by a third party, you are taking (A) sweets and adding it to (B) a tub so you are creating a new product (C) that you are liable for.

If a sweet product had rat dropping inside it (which a customer found when eating it) you would NOT be liable but the manufacture of the sweet product would be. However whilst you are self packing some foreign object gets in the tub with the sweets and then a small child chokes on the foreign object, (for example) YOU are liable.
Ade
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

That is what making sure you are passed with your local council is about, they sign your premises off as fit to pack the sweets in, hence no chance of foreign bodies ever getting in the tub, telling you now you will not get any liability insurance to pay out if a foreign body is found in your tubs. the answer is your passed and can prove that could never happen.

Ade
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Post by PabloV8 »

Ade is correct ie you and your premises have to be passed as fit for purpose. Hence it is better to purchase from a supplier who has the correct labelling and sealed tubs with appropriate and correct information printed on label.

Liability insurance is still essential and covers for other misdemeanors.

Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!