maquina tubs

Got a vending technical question you need answered?
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

maquina tubs

Post by Ade »

i get these from midland vending, does anyone else? been having problems with jams for a while, tried everything, dimple ring replacement, spring, filing barrel, all to no avail. weirdly enough my hurleys stock doesnt jam?
tonight something occured to me and i tested it out, i put the bottom of a maquinas tub flush with a hurleys. the maquinas is a few mm smaller, therefore second tub up from one being vended is not catching on ledge when lifted and its following vended tub straight into barrel :wtf:
i have emailed mike to inform him, for now put pots in upside down as lid is same circumference as hurleys pot base, works perfect, and they are secure enough to stay on :thumbup:
Lynda at skavend
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: Stockport, Greater Manchester
Machines Used: Tower vend, sweet dispensers, ball dispensers
Referred by?: internet

Re: maquina tubs

Post by Lynda at skavend »

Hi, I get all my pots from Mike and, touch wood, I've not had a single jam in 2 years.
I did have a spate of jams prior to this when I was ordering prefilled tubs from Somerset, but none since switching.
I've got chinese and clenports, metal and plastic barrels; so if one type of machine was more prone I would expect similar issues to yourself
Ade

Post by Ade »

Lynda at skavend wrote:Hi, I get all my pots from Mike and, touch wood, I've not had a single jam in 2 years.
I did have a spate of jams prior to this when I was ordering prefilled tubs from Somerset, but none since switching.
I've got chinese and clenports, metal and plastic barrels; so if one type of machine was more prone I would expect similar issues to yourself

hi lynda, when is last time you ordered off mike? have you had the new stock yet with the deep rimmed lids? they`re the ones with smaller base on tub and causing jams, old style ones off mike with not so deep lids were great. i further tested 4 machines today all chinese, all were jamming until i turned pots upside down.

cheers

Ade
Lynda at skavend

Hi, yes I'm using the deep rimmed and am probably on my 8th box of them now, due to open my 9th box Sunday as running out of stock. Got to say I love them as clearly the lid is never going to come loose in the machine. They are deep rim and remind me of some he had in with blue or green lids and they were brilliant for me. Was worried going back to the smaller rims that they would start popping off again.
Never noticed they were smaller based, but I don't doubt you.
I'm loading them in the machines as normal with the lid at the top and haven't had any issues yet. I reckon 90% of my machines are Chinese and even a few snack a can machines.
Ade

Post by Ade »

this is strange, as i also had the green lid ones and actually sent mike a video of them jamming, he said he was aware of the issue and told me it was mainly with chinese machines. he didnt tell me at time of purchase. this was when the maquinas machine was broken and they wasnt producing. so i eventually returned them months later and swapped for maquinas when he had them back in stock.
i did use some hurleys pots while waiting but the lids were popping off and causing jams. then someone told me about a guy in wales making them, i got his number and contacted him, he gave me the chat about how his pots were the best and said text me your address and i will send you some sample pots. i did and heard nothing? tried him again bout a month a go still nothing?, i will try and upload pic of hurleys base to maquinas on this thread.
Ade

Post by Ade »

IMG_2674.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ade

Post by Ade »

IMG_2674.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ade

Post by Ade »

one on top is maquinas one on bottom is hurleys, completley lined up
Lynda at skavend

I've compared them to my old pots and yes, they are definitely smaller base.
I must have had my first run of good luck ever, but never had issues with these or the green lid tubs.
Fingers crossed I've not just jinxed myself
Ade

Post by Ade »

hope not to lol, on some machines they catch but vend out by turning whole tower to next row of sweets, got them in a few machines and had no reports of jams, but then equally ive had quite a few customers said machine jamming and i couldnt solve why, i found this to be answer.
Anyway pot upside down has solved issue, however no response of mike at all? just thought he might speak to maquinas and point it out?
lynda have you had any complaints with customers struggling to remove lid now they are thicker and little cut out on tub has gone?
i havent yet but i am expecting it at some point.