Hurleys v tubz vending Pros & Cons

Post Your Comments Anonymously Here.

ADMIN WILL KNOW WHO HAS POSTED

Re: Hurleys v tubz vending vending vending Pros & Cons

Post by Guest »

So your not paying yourself anything, incurring transport costs, lost stock due to mechanical failures, lost stock due to out of date, or capital investment in hardware then or loss of the hardware due to vandalism or sites simply closing down without telling you then and the whole thing you left in their trust being lost, lucky guy ;-) Getting off topic now, This was about the pots jamming which they do seem to do more so in the metal barrels than the plastic.

I did have a situation for the first time this week with the new pots and a plastic barrel in the fact that pots seem not to be dropping fast enough into the barrel and the customer ends up with no vend.

Anyone else has this issue?.

Cheers

Post by Guest »

We will have to agree to disagree on the business front.

On your barrel if its one you have recently swapped my guess is you have missed the "Cavilha" thats what I think clenport call it. That ensurese a double twist of the handle. Its a piece of metal about 1.5 inches in length that drops into the top by the centre rod.

Post by Guest »

I have changed several barrels @ £20 each, compared to the call out to site (fuel and labour), the cost of pots of product crushed at the bottom of the tower, broken segments and loss of sales as well as lack of confidence by the site I think it is well worth it.

I do hod the suppliers responsible though, the metal barrels were not a problem for years!

Post by Guest »

Cavilha?? Is that the thing that my wife says I do not know where it is? :rofl:

Re: Hurleys v tubz vending vending Pros & Cons

Post by Guest »

I have been in this business for six years now, we have several hundred machines. I remember in my first year complaining to Hurleys to sort out the lids that kept coming off during a vend. Paul (the font of all knowledge) said that he had hundreds of customers and that I was the only one complaining. Hence we went with tubz vending and have never looked back. Sure we still get the occasional jam however, that is more to do with the little darlings using the machines or perhaps it is the adults who cannot work a mechanism.

I also have dozens of metal drum machines not in service, just starting to convert them before putting out.

Post by Guest »

Anyway, Hurley’s is long gone and cannot be compared with tubz vending. Hurley’s went bust through poor-management. O’h dear, I have boarded up the windows, packed the sandbags, bought three months of rations before the Hurley’s brigade start sucking on their teeth!

Post by Guest »

What rubbish. Hurleys very much in business, I had a full pallet from them last week. Spoke to Liam today.

Post by Guest »

I think you must have been on a long vacation.

Hurley’s as in Hurleys owned by the wonderful Paul...... went bust!

Liam bought out Hurley’s and although he may be trading as Hurley’s we can call him the new Hurleys and indeed I wish him every success, I am absolutely sure he will now that he has sorted out the mess from the original Hurley’s. Liam is new on the block and needs to become established before anyone can really compare him to tubz vending!

At the moment it would be like comparing the Isle of Man against Germany! :whistle:

Post by Guest »

Still trading as Hurleys though and you were trying to give the impression that Hurleys had gone. No doubt on back handers from tubz vending!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I think you must have been on a long vacation.

Hurley’s as in Hurleys owned by the wonderful Paul...... went bust!

Liam bought out Hurley’s and although he may be trading as Hurley’s we can call him the new Hurleys and indeed I wish him every success, I am absolutely sure he will now that he has sorted out the mess from the original Hurley’s. Liam is new on the block and needs to become established before anyone can really compare him to tubz vending vending!

At the moment it would be like comparing the Isle of Man against Germany! :whistle:
You can absolutely compare EG Sweets to tubz vending Vending, just because they're a smaller operation doesn't mean they are not competitive. Since Liam took over and they went VAT free a full pallet was around £500 - £700 cheaper (depending what you ordered) than tubz vending discount price structure so lots of people saved lots of money during that period. Also the pot weights not including pre-packaged stuff like Squashies and Millions are at least 10% better across the board and some of the sweets look and taste better. Obviously the VAT free period is over now so prices are different but it's common sense to weigh up the pros and cons of each supplier before ordering