Hurleys v tubz vending Pros & Cons

Post Your Comments Anonymously Here.

ADMIN WILL KNOW WHO HAS POSTED

Hurleys v tubz vending Pros & Cons

Post by Guest »

Looking for pros and cons on the 2 main suppliers in the Tower industry. I appreciate every one will have their preference and may wish to remain anonymous hence me posting it in here.
Iv been with both suppliers, Started with Hurleys and had pot jams occasionally but when they were using the pots with Cutlers on the bottom were hassle free. I left when they were using the Foreign pots as had so many jams it was unbearable. im recently finding that The tubz vending pots are jamming up in my machines as well and recently lost 2 sites due to this.
tubz vending do seem to be offering a better price that Hurleys are currently.

Re: Hurleys v tubz vending vending vending Pros & Cons

Post by Guest »

Hurleys for me. Them pots were a nightmare but they are using Cutlers pots again now.

Post by Guest »

Just been to a site today that called me in to fix a tower, it was jammed with Hurleys Jelly beans, it is an old Chinese one with a metal mech, its the second one recently that I have had to deal with. I also saw posts on here about how the new pots jammed and so I tried out a few things, I dont like the idea of inverting the pots, especially as when they do jam there is a lot of pressure on the bottom of the next pot which will cause it to pop if its inverted causing even more problems, but I found that the suggestion that loading a maximum of 7 pots in a line enables the tower to vend. It was only the Jelly beans that caused a problem all others vended ok. Dont know if it was a weight issue, with the other sweets perhaps being lighter per pot.

In spite of these issues with these pots for me its Hurleys (EG Sweets these days) over the Essex Boys !! plus the Essex pots always look like you are being conned due to the dimple in the bottom.

Post by Guest »

Given the choice Liam at EG Sweets all day long. You don't feel like you have been ripped off by a used car salesman that couldn't give a flying **** about you or your business. No hard sell and just a nice guy with a good ethic.

Bear in mind that EG Sweet prices did not have any VAT and although VAT registered from this month I think he will now amend his price list. They were cheaper before

Post by Guest »

The sure fire way to fix pot jams is swap the metal barrels for plastic

Re: Hurleys v tubz vending vending vending vending Pros & Cons

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:You don't feel like you have been ripped off by a used car salesman that couldn't give a flying **** about you or your business.
LOL

Whoever started this thread has opened up a right can of worms :clap: This one will run and run. Gotta love the Anonymous
forum, cue website visits rocketing

Re: Hurleys v tubz vending vending vending vending Pros & Cons

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:The sure fire way to fix pot jams is swap the metal barrels for plastic
Sure but at what cost in this very low margin business

Re: Hurleys v tubz vending vending vending vending vending Pros & Co

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:The sure fire way to fix pot jams is swap the metal barrels for plastic

Low margin???? My product cost goes from 24 to 37p max. Average about 30p. I pay an average of 20% commission. Other costs are very low, no premises, no business rates, just a van that does 50 miles on a gallon of diesel. Great margins.

I wouldnt change the barrels though. A wise wholesaler when first started in this business said to me "its all about the pennies." If you are selling 10000 products a month, a penny less on each one you buy makes you £100. £1200 a year.

I came across this today, very relevant.

American Airlines is using lighter paper for its in-flight magazine, ultimately saving them about 1 ounce per magazine. Multiply that by every seat in every plane in their fleet, and they plan to save about $417,000 a year.

Re: Hurleys v tubz vending vending vending vending vending vending P

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Low margin???? My product cost goes from 24 to 37p max. Average about 30p. I pay an average of 20% commission. Other costs are very low, no premises, no business rates, just a van that does 50 miles on a gallon of diesel. Great margins.

I wouldnt change the barrels though. A wise wholesaler when first started in this business said to me "its all about the pennies." If you are selling 10000 products a month, a penny less on each one you buy makes you £100. £1200 a year.

I came across this today, very relevant.

American Airlines is using lighter paper for its in-flight magazine, ultimately saving them about 1 ounce per magazine. Multiply that by every seat in every plane in their fleet, and they plan to save about $417,000 a year.

Cant believe I am reacting to this, Just shows why so many people in this trade go out of business, yes this is a very low margin business, you obviously have no experience in retail if you think this is comparable to an airline LOL

Post by Guest »

The point of the airline comment is not to compare vending to an airline but to show how little changes make massive differences.

If you have experience in retail and its so much better I wonder why you are in vending today. Maybe you should open a shop.

Marks and Sparks made about 5p for every £1 they took in their last accounting year. Tesco made 2p or every £1. I make about 40p for every £1.

Retail businesses are going bust all over the place because they cant earn enough to cover their costs. People in vending dont have that problem. They leave because they cant make it work for them. They all make money.