Does The Jelly Bean Campaign still exist?

Post Your Comments Anonymously Here.

ADMIN WILL KNOW WHO HAS POSTED

Does The Jelly Bean Campaign still exist?

Post by Guest »

I occasionally come across towers and bulk vendors with a sticker on for 'The Jelly Bean Campaign' which I've never heard of so I searched online for it and all I could find was a website with lots of references to Snack a Can and it appeared that it was either set up by them or closely linked to Snack a Can who I understand went out of business years ago.

There were no references to any recent fundraising and it didn't look like the website had been updated in a long time so just wondered if anyone had ever heard of this charity and if it still exists?

Re: Does The Jelly Bean Campaign still exist?

Post by Guest »

I have their stickers on my machines and as far as I know they are still operating.
It was run by Barbara and definitely active 6months or so ago.
My payments are made directly to the local charity that the JBC work with rather than to the JBC account but I haven’t heard anything from them about stopping.

Re: Does The Jelly Bean Campaign still exist?

Post by Guest »

Hi it's Barbara here

The Jelly Bean Campaign is still operational, having raised now well in excess of £1M!! I stopped counting when we reached £1m many, many years ago. The JBC is not a charity - please read the website which mentions many charities that have been and still are supported.

I have kept the scheme going for our old Franchisees when we left the business many years ago and for some newbies who want to be a supporter.

All charity payments are made directly to our chosen charities using a unique reference on line. I do not, nor ever have received any money.

I have no intention of updating the website as there is nothing to tell that has not been told already and I have no plans of stopping the worthy scheme. Updating websites etc costs money and as there is no monetary aspect to be made I keep costs down to a minimum with hosting fees.

Hope this clarifies your question and thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention.

Kind regards,

Barbara