Getting into self potting

Post Your Comments Anonymously Here.

ADMIN WILL KNOW WHO HAS POSTED

Getting into self potting

Post by Guest »

Reckon I will spending around £20k on sweets this year. Tubs for towers.

I don't self pot anything.

So is self potting worth it. What can I expect to save.

Where do I source mini smarties, drumsticks, rolos which would be easy to self pot.

Noticed my wholesaler sells big bags of mints, blue bon Bons , tutti frutties but is it worth the hassle?

And empty tubs are around 9p each?

Thanks

Re: Getting into self potting

Post by Guest »

I only self pot pre packaged stuff. Mainly moaoms, you can save around 8p a pot on them.

Ive never seen the small packs of Rolos anywhere,

I just tend to keep my eyes out for any good deals that I think will sell.

I wouldnt do lose stock, you would need to get your premises inspected by the council and I think the stock looks cheap if done that way.

Just my opinion.

ndy

Post by Guest »

Same here - I dont have many machines, but MAOAM's are the only things I self-pack. Works out a bit cheaper, and I put more in so give better value to the customer. Saying that, if you have loads of towers it might be too time consuming unless you have a willing family who are willing to help :)

Post by Guest »

I agree with above, keep away from lose stock as this has implications if a complaint is received and authorities will check you out. Do a mixture and get the best deal possible.

Post by Guest »

you will save a few grand a year for sure.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I only self pot pre packaged stuff. Mainly moaoms, you can save around 8p a pot on them.

Ive never seen the small packs of Rolos anywhere,

I just tend to keep my eyes out for any good deals that I think will sell.

I wouldnt do lose stock, you would need to get your premises inspected by the council and I think the stock looks cheap if done that way.

Just my opinion.

ndy
Well would you give anyone your last ROLO! :rofl: