Transparent prices

Post Your Comments Anonymously Here.

ADMIN WILL KNOW WHO HAS POSTED

Re: Transparent prices

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I agree pointless thread. It might be worth having the discussion in an open forum where a supplier could see that one of their customers isnt happy. But whats the point in hiding this?

Andy
As far as I know this is an open forum - anyone can see and post in it, so how is anything being hidden?

Also, you work for one of the suppliers right? Maybe mention the name next to your own if you're concerned about hiding stuff?

Post by Guest »

Just for the record I too haggle in shops, especially when they have sales on. I was in a shop a few weeks ago (possibly White Stuff), and found a lovely pair of suede shoes reduced to £32 from £85. I pointed out a couple of scuffs on one of them (easily removed with a suede brush) and ended up haggling them down to £15 :thumbup:

Also at my hotel we don't usually stick to a fixed price either. We have a set price which is advertised online, but then we give discounts for booking direct, and sometime give discounts for booking breakfasts in advance, and also give slight discounts for regular customers. On top of all this we can give discounts for long stays, and discounts for companies booking large quantities of rooms. There is no such thing in business as a fixed price for customers, there is only an advertised price! :roll:

It's well worth asking for discounts on stuff, but you need to remember not to try and overplay your hand! If I had another 200 towers and was ordering stock by the palletload I would probably shop around for discounts, and expect a slightly better price than standard. But as I pack a good few things myself, due to my current job allowing me to do it while im actually at work on a night, I don't feel I buy enough stock to start demanding discounts on the standard price.
It's all very well saying 'if I don't get a discount I'm changing to.....' but if your current supplier says 'do it then' you wont be any better off financially, and will then have a situation of staying with that supplier and looking like a d**k, or having to move your business elsewhere.

Also thinking about it, how would published discounts work, if as I presume your proposing having incremental decreases in the price when ordering more boxes of each line (or total order)? If a supplier put a price on the website that reduced depending on how many boxes of a certain line (or boxes in total) we ordered, wouldn't everybody just abuse the system by just ordering every few months?
It wouldn't benefit our suppliers much if everyone just started putting in a couple of big orders a year to bring the prices down to the next increment, and get a pound or two off a box would it?
It would cause all sorts of trouble for their staff if they had massive orders to do one month, and then nothing to do for the next!

I think some people are too concerned with themselve's to think about anyone else!

Mark@yorvend

Post by Guest »

When you say "my hotel", is this actually your Hotel or are you the night porter?

Post by Guest »

I want to know more about this hotel.

Do you own it, live in it, work in it or just creep around at night in it wearing your slightly scuffed suede shoes.....

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I want to know more about this hotel.

Do you own it, live in it, work in it or just creep around at night in it wearing your slightly scuffed suede shoes.....
Lol . classic

Post by Guest »

Do you want a tower for this hotel Mark? As its you I will give you 20%

Andy

Post by Guest »

That's rubbish Andy, Hurleys will give you 35% :rofl:

Post by Guest »

hahahaha!!!!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I want to know more about this hotel.

This made me laugh! :lol:

I'm a minor share holder (there are about 18 of us), and I also do a few of the shifts a week and look after all the functions like weddings and stuff. I used to live in it until a few months ago, as it has a flat up in the attic, but my missus demanded we get a house so she could have a cat. The hotel itself is actually being sold in the next month or two, as it could do with a lot of money spending on it to really make the most of it's city center location, which we unfortunately don't have!
Gavin from Dorset vending has stayed here, as he did some sitefinding work for me a couple of years ago, so i'm sure he can vouch for how nice it is :-)

Unfortunately Andy, I already have a sweet and pringle tower in the bar, which is how I got into vending in the first place. I actually now know the guy that had the machines in the bar when I first got here, and I have since appologised for booting him out and replacing them with mine. :thumbup:

Mark@Yorvend

Post by Guest »

Yep the hotels rather nice. Must admit rarely heard Mark shuffling around and now I know why!!

Gavin