Post Your Comments Anonymously Here.

ADMIN WILL KNOW WHO HAS POSTED

Re: hurleys have marstons contract

Post by Guest »

Yes, that is correct.

Post by Guest »

Can all guess who wrote that lol[/quote]

Well one thing is for sure....... it is not you as you are not part of the Marstons contract :Jig:

Post by Guest »

Im sure Marstons is great business for some. When Hurley first got it a few years ago I turned down sites because they were pubs id had in the past and I knew they wouldnt work with the commission split and up front costs. Whilst I understand tubz vending are doing this differently Id still be careful about taking on too much as a portion of my business. Its the sort of business you can lose overnight. If it makes up 20% of your business just make sure you are in a position where you can afford to lose this overnight. About a year ago I lost my best site that turned over about £700 a month. The same month I lost another that was worth £500. Between them it was a big hit. Ive recovered and grown bigger but Im now in a position where my best two sites make up 25% of my income. Its a great earner but id be happier with a more even split.

Post by Guest »

[Quote)
Im sure Marstons is great business for some. When Hurley first got it a few years ago I turned down sites because they were pubs id had in the past and I knew they wouldnt work with the commission split and up front costs. Whilst I understand tubz vending vending are doing this differently Id still be careful about taking on too much as a portion of my business. Its the sort of business you can lose overnight. If it makes up 20% of your business just make sure you are in a position where you can afford to lose this overnight. About a year ago I lost my best site that turned over about £700 a month. The same month I lost another that was worth £500. Between them it was a big hit. Ive recovered and grown bigger but Im now in a position where my best two sites make up 25% of my income. Its a great earner but id be happier with a more even split.(Quote)

1. Marston’s is really good business
2. My business is very diverse and not reliant on Marston’s
3. Marston’s is a long contract and will not disappear overnight
4. If I had a site earning £700 a month I would be paying them 30% to ensure it’s survival, less would be greedy
5. You now say you have two sites earning 25% of your earnings, if you lost them you are contradicting what you said about losing the Marstons sites if they are earning 20%. You need to read what you have said as it makes your post look rather silly :whistle:

Post by Guest »

1, Marstons wouldn't have been really good business for me back then.
2 I haven't commented on your or anyone else's business.
3. Yeah right. I wonder how many people who had contracts with Flybe, Debenhams, Woolworths, Thomas Cook etc thought their contracts were safe. It may be but and I hope it lasts for you nut nothing in life is guaranteed.
4. Shame you never had a site earning £700. Commission has nothing to do with why it was lost. For your info it was lost because the site was broken into. All that was taken was my machines. Damage caused to doors when breaking in was around £3000. Site wouldn't risk it happening again.
5 My post makes perfect sense. Yes I am getting 25% of my income from two sites I didn't say I'm comfortable with that. I actually said I'd rather a more even split. In the same way I wouldn't want to rely on MarStons I also don't like relying so heavily on two of my sites.

Post by Guest »

Oops, meant to say BHS not Debenhams. Hope that wasn't a freudian slip. Could add ToysRus to the list. Had a few machines in there doing well. Who would have thought they were going to go out of business?

Post by Guest »

Okay, I know who this is now, did not mean to offend (if indeed I did) however, Marston’s contract is a long term contract and is not likely to disappear overnight. Here we are with a different day and still going strong, not meaning to be flippant, but it is a long contract. And no, Marston’s is but a small element of my business and consequently, not essential but nice! :wink:

Post by Guest »

Down south Marsden's sites fewer and futher between. So I am on the edge of the contract with fewer sites. If I'm doing well with my lot I take my hat off to those opersting in the midlands with 3/4 times as many sites as me...make hay, this is a long term contract, everybody's pulling their weight which means it will last for a while yet. My area is good for toys, so I focus on that as well.