tubz vending and Hurleys price increases

Post Your Comments Anonymously Here.

ADMIN WILL KNOW WHO HAS POSTED

tubz vending and Hurleys price increases

Post by Guest »

tubz vending and Hurleys have put assorted pencils and strawberry pencils up by £1.50 per box! This is where we need a third competitor to keep prices stable but don't think the market is big enough for 3 suppliers, sweet fix tried and it never worked out for them

Re: tubz vending vending and Hurleys price increases

Post by Guest »

To be honest even if they have gone up I'm not to worried at the moment. Hurleys are saving me on average £3.50 per box compared to tubz vending.

Re: tubz vending vending vending and Hurleys price increases

Post by Guest »

I think Hurley's will always be cheaper than tubz vending!

Post by Guest »

A third supplier would certainly be good for competition, but may actually lead to an increase in prices as it would cut Hurley's and tubz vending revenue by a third, potentially.
The problem with selling vending stock is, you have to buy in massive quantities to make a margin, and this could not be done without a massive investment in machines.
Hurley's and tubz vending are also vulnerable to price increases by suppliers, then having to pass it on to us. The only feasible way round this is for one of them to invest in manufacturing their own sweets, thus cutting out the middle man.
Cheaper said than done!!!

Post by Guest »

Guy we had a third competitor in Sweetfix who give GREAT customer service and good prices ,my understanding was vendors ****** them around by getting their best prices then going back to tubz vending and Hurleys and getting them to price match. Sadly they have gone now,so now we are left with the two cowboy outfits who are always trying to fiddle you.RIP sweetfix.

Post by Guest »

one word, NO. if your supplier tries to increase price, tell them to fuxk off... a few months ago a supplier tried to push a price rise on me for a product. i ordered a pallet (90 boxes) from elsewhere. when we spoke a few weeks later the price was back to where it was before. it is ******, they have huge margins don't let them trick you into thinking otherwise. but anyway, thank you guys for accepting these price rises and subsidizing my stock

Post by Guest »

trust me they dont have huge margins. It's a lot of hassle for about a fiver a box when operators stick them in the machine and make about £35 BOX.

mini eggs - fill price £16
pots - £5
labour £3
labels £1.50
box 30p

total £25.50
sold out the door at £30

Post by Guest »

youve also got the fact that a lot of the sweets are from Vidal in Spain and the euro, pound rate has changed markedly this year.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:trust me they dont have huge margins. It's a lot of hassle for about a fiver a box when operators stick them in the machine and make about £35 BOX.

pots - £5
labour £3
labels £1.50
box 30p

total £25.50
sold out the door at £30

I'm sorry but I think these figures are wrong and misleading, in my opinion. since it's anonymous we don't know who is who so i don't want to criticise you. but the costs are not that high... £3 a box on labour? who is being paid that much to pack mini eggs?! I'll sell my round and start packing stock for you...

Re: tubz vending vending vending vending and Hurleys price increases

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:trust me they dont have huge margins. It's a lot of hassle for about a fiver a box when operators stick them in the machine and make about £35 BOX.

pots - £5
labour £3
labels £1.50
box 30p

total £25.50
sold out the door at £30

I'm sorry but I think these figures are wrong and misleading, in my opinion. since it's anonymous we don't know who is who so i don't want to criticise you. but the costs are not that high... £3 a box on labour? who is being paid that much to pack mini eggs?! I'll sell my round and start packing stock for you...
£3 a box for labour is probably about right. If tub filling is anything like bag filling, you need one person operating the machine/filling the feeder hopper, one or two packing the tubs that come off the end into a box, then one person taking the boxes off and putting them on a pallet/taking pallet to warehouse. Also not mentioned is the electric that these machines use, which is a lot, a you have a belt fed vibrating hopper, a couple of lengths of conveyorbelt, the packing machine, and probably a revolving packing table where the packers sit to pack the boxes. When the price of electric goes up 10% it probably adds 50p to a box.