Beware- Your Simply Business PLI may not cover you.

Accounts, Finance, Legal & Franchising information here
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Re: Beware- Your Simply Business PLI may not cover you.

Post by Style »

Hi guy's,

So is it just CETA or will anybody else gime me the correct cover? Doesnt seem right getting just one quote.

Andy
NoelAlexis
Referred by?: Forum member

Post by NoelAlexis »

Good afternoon everyone,

In response to everyone on the forum I just wanted to say thanks for everyone's help and support. To Matthew (administrator) I'll be in touch again by email tonight regarding the forthcoming advert. Again anybody looking for cover for the machines when you are not on site please email me at noel.woodrow@ceta.co.uk and please feel free to browse our website www.insuremyliability.co.uk
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Style wrote:Hi guy's,

So is it just CETA or will anybody else gime me the correct cover? Doesnt seem right getting just one quote.

Andy
Hi Andy,
You could spend time ringing insurance companies to see who you feel is best, or discuss your insurance with Noel, who is guaranteeing cover when you are on, or off site.

Paul
Jon123
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Cornwall
Machines Used: bulk vender

Post by Jon123 »

I will be interested to see if simplybusiness pay out premiums on the misleading policy's!!

Having just had a chat with my broker, I think people are forgetting that as well as needing public liability they need product liability. The products that you have are the machines and it is these that are most likely to cause a claim, and the first level of claim will be at your door.

Cheers
Jonny
Rossi fan

Post by Rossi fan »

Jon123 wrote:I will be interested to see if simplybusiness pay out premiums on the misleading policy's!!

Having just had a chat with my broker, I think people are forgetting that as well as needing public liability they need product liability. The products that you have are the machines and it is these that are most likely to cause a claim, and the first level of claim will be at your door.

Cheers
Jonny
Hi Jonny,

I think you have made a valid point. I do however think from the discussions I have had with Ceta, that the machines and stock are covered. In a case wher stock caused an injury, so long as the operator did not tamper with the product, I would think the supplier/packer, would be ultimately responsible, but I agree that in the first instance, a claim would be made against the owner of the machine.

Perhaps Noel, from Ceta could clarify this for everyone.

Thanks Jonny,

Paul
Jon123
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Jon123 »

No worries here to help!

I think the problem is less with stock but more with machines, if you buy second hand equipment the buck stops with you if the distributor has gone bust or stopped distributing that specific machine.

You most certainly get what you pay for in insurance how a insurance company can cover public & product liability for under £100 is beyond me! In many respects this is where LTD company's come in.

Cheers
Jonny
NoelAlexis

Post by NoelAlexis »

Good evening everyone.

I have kept a close eye on the forum over recent days and in particular the most recent posts, where Jonny has raised some very good, constructive and valid points. Tomorrow I'll answer as many questions as i can relating to the issue's of stock / products and the definaition of both.

Hopefully ptting some minds at rest.

Best regads
Noel
C/o Ceta Insurance
Jon123
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Jon123 »

If anybody wants to speak to the firm I deal with then I cannot recommend Henry from Cornish Insurance highly enough.

Phone number 01840 211901 - http://www.cornishinsurance.co.uk/

They specialize in freight, stock, logistics & haulage, but for me they cover insurance for all 4 of my companies along with vehicle insurance, public & product liabilty insurance and stock cover. They are flexible and knowledgeable.

A point I would also add is that they are FSA regulated which alot of these cowboy companies aren't.

Anybody want any more info then please PM me.

Cheers
Jonny
NoelAlexis

Post by NoelAlexis »

Good afternoon to everyone on the forum.

it is nice to see some of you recommending companies s thee are a variety of options when it comes to your Insurance cover. Just to reiterate the comments of Jon123 above Ceta Insurance, ( www.insuremylaiblity.co.uk ) are also FSA regulated and I must stress we will offer liability cover in respect of the individual when you are away from site....

The main exclusion, ( for obvious reasons ) is we WILL NOT cover damage to the machine. For example no cover for anybody vandalising the machine. Please feel free to contact us on 0845 458 3068 or email me directly at noel.woodrow@ceta.co.uk for an immediate response ( please remember to add a contact number ), alternatively you can send me a private message via the forum.

Best Regards
Noel
Rossi fan

Post by Rossi fan »

NoelAlexis wrote:Good afternoon to everyone on the forum.

it is nice to see some of you recommending companies s thee are a variety of options when it comes to your Insurance cover. Just to reiterate the comments of Jon123 above Ceta Insurance, ( www.insuremylaiblity.co.uk ) are also FSA regulated and I must stress we will offer liability cover in respect of the individual when you are away from site....

The main exclusion, ( for obvious reasons ) is we WILL NOT cover damage to the machine. For example no cover for anybody vandalising the machine. Please feel free to contact us on 0845 458 3068 or email me directly at noel.woodrow@ceta.co.uk for an immediate response ( please remember to add a contact number ), alternatively you can send me a private message via the forum.

Best Regards
Noel
Hi Noel,

Yesterday, you said that you would be able to clarify the position with regards to Product Liabilities, as part of your PLI insurance. I would be grateful if you could update us please.

Thanks,

Paul