Beware- Your Simply Business PLI may not cover you.

Accounts, Finance, Legal & Franchising information here
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Re: Beware- Your Simply Business PLI may not cover you.

Post by Ade »

seems clear to me, i am now going with ceta, any issues with product ie sweets etc is down to supplier, this is why if you self pack it is important that you are cleared to do so by your local council, with regards to machines ceta are covering you, kid gets hand stuck in machine, member of public injures themselves on machine when your not there, all covered, i have clarified this with ceta. only time you will be liable is if you let machine deteriate or leave it in a situation where you know there is potential danger and did not take adequate steps to resolve it.

Ade
Big Chris
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: North East
Referred by?: Web search

Post by Big Chris »

In Regards to Simply Business, my refund went into bank this morning, spoke to them on Wednesday.

When i spoke to David, he is unsure whether previous premiums will be refunded also.
Ade

Post by Ade »

ive wrote to them telling them i want refund since 2010 as i feel misled and not got what i paid for, ive also cc financial ombudsman in to.

Ade
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

I have complained also and they are returning my premiums since 2010.

Please let me know what the ombudsman does Ade, as personally, I think Simply Business put us all in a very perilous position for several years and it is only luck that stopped us losing our homes. I think realistically, we should be entitled to some compensation, in addition to the return of our premiums. What does everyone else think.

I have also found this info about product liability insurance and having read it, I think it is needed and hope that it is part of the CETA PLI insurance. https://help.aviva.co.uk/risksolutions/ ... REF_HF8001

Cheers,

Paul
Ade

Post by Ade »

yeah i`ll let you know, from what ceta have explained to me the covers more than adequate

Ade
simplybusiness
Referred by?: google

Post by simplybusiness »

Hi guys,

Just to confirm - we're not able to offer a "blanket refund" for everybody around this cover - each case will be reviewed individually by the insurance team and complaints manager but please understand that the previous full refund offered (to Chris) was for him only.

If you still need any help, please contact me directly on social@simplybusiness.co.uk or again, please PM me. We're keen to make sure all our customers are covered correctly so please do contact me if you feel this is not the case.
NoelAlexis
Referred by?: Forum member

Post by NoelAlexis »

Good evening everyone.

Further to recent concersations on this Insurance thread. I am just writing to say that as a rule of thumb product liability should lay at the hands of the manufacturer, ( unless of course you are making the products yourself ).

Please direct any queries you may have, including specific examples to my email, which is noel.woodrow@ceta.co.uk along with a contact number for a quicker response. Remember we offer liability cover for when you are away from site.

Please feel free to browse our website www.insuremyliability.co.uk

Best Regards
Noel Woodrow
Ceta Insurance / Insure My Liability
Rossi fan

Post by Rossi fan »

NoelAlexis wrote:Good evening everyone.

Further to recent concersations on this Insurance thread. I am just writing to say that as a rule of thumb product liability should lay at the hands of the manufacturer, ( unless of course you are making the products yourself ).

Please direct any queries you may have, including specific examples to my email, which is noel.woodrow@ceta.co.uk along with a contact number for a quicker response. Remember we offer liability cover for when you are away from site.

Please feel free to browse our website www.insuremyliability.co.uk

Best Regards
Noel Woodrow
Ceta Insurance / Insure My Liability
Hi Noel,

I have just received confirmation from Ellie Reid that "In regards to our telephone conversation, I spoke to Covea and they have confirmed that if liability was lying with yourself the Products Liability would be covered under the Public Liability up to £2,000,000."

She has also confirmed that PLI does not cover charity boxes, so anyone doing these, perhaps you need to ask if you need cover.
Thanks,

Paul
Ade

Post by Ade »

well simply business have refused me a refund, stating its all my fault that i took the policy out online and didnt read the small print, funnily enough i have been through the small print and i am struggling to find where it says i am not covered for public liability when not on site? so i have emailed them asking am i or am i not covered when not on site?
will await their reply, but see my next step as taking further action with the financial omsbudsman.

Ade
Rossi fan

Post by Rossi fan »

Ade wrote:well simply business have refused me a refund, stating its all my fault that i took the policy out online and didnt read the small print, funnily enough i have been through the small print and i am struggling to find where it says i am not covered for public liability when not on site? so i have emailed them asking am i or am i not covered when not on site?
will await their reply, but see my next step as taking further action with the financial omsbudsman.

Ade
Hi Ade,
I took mine out orginally, over the phone, so I explained my business model and they said I was covered. I have not received my refund cheque as yet, so will follow that up today. The fact that they are "non advisory and not claims trained" is alarming and I cant understand how a company with untrained staff can be allowed to sell insurance to an customer.

Perhaps the Ombudsman can help us understand why this has been allowed.

Cheers,

Paul