Special offers for members can be found here
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Another Sweet Franchise

Post by Snackmore »

Not sure how this compares to Hurleys but another franchise to swamp the market with :evil:

Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Re: Another Sweet Franchise

Post by FlintVending »

The day I see one of these franchises advertised where you can "try before you buy" is the day I may give it some credit as an actually viable business.
It just screams rip off when they try and lumber you with £6k of confectionary in one go.
Even Snack A Can offer a 10 package where you can dip your toe in before making a larger investment.
AVOID unless you like working for nothing :out:
Shropvend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Wolverhampton & Shropshire
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Beavers, kiddy rides
Referred by?: tubz vending

Post by Shropvend »

These are based in my area, I have seen them around but they have a bad name as they advertise on their packets of sweets that 50% of profits are donated to the make a wish foundation. Yeah right!!! Their business is flawed and all it takes is a national newspaper to advertise that these boxes only donate 10p out of a quid and the whole charity box business will collapse.
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

They will be cleverer than that and yes 50% of PROFIT will go to charity, obviously they sell at 50p and take off all there expenses and then divide the profit by 50% - can eat most of it up in expenses!

This is why I have never agreed with charity vending and believe that they should show that for every pound the punter spends x amount goes to the charity without hiding behind figures, people on here will argue that if any goes to charity its a bonus to the charity. I still think its deception, although to be fair some on here do say they give 20p a pot :clap:
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Jon123
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Cornwall
Machines Used: bulk vender

Post by Jon123 »

Shropvend wrote:These are based in my area, I have seen them around but they have a bad name as they advertise on their packets of sweets that 50% of profits are donated to the make a wish foundation. Yeah right!!! Their business is flawed and all it takes is a national newspaper to advertise that these boxes only donate 10p out of a quid and the whole charity box business will collapse.

Could not agree more.

Charity vending is a precarious area and it will only take one tabloid article/ bbc watchdog programme following some dodgy vending operator using this angle and it will bring down everything related. This is why ade's approach of finding your own charity will work better as it will be you who has the control how it works.

cheers
Jonny
glennborthwick
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: devon dorset somerset
Machines Used: bulk tower toy condoms

Post by glennborthwick »

did anyone see the watchdog program on the bags of clothes for charities. Similar problems
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Greater Manchester
Referred by?: Google

Post by JustCraig »

I imagine that legislation will change at some point in the near future preventing people from doing things like this - won't stop the rouge traders though...