Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Uk
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Paul Collier and Many other Vendors

Hurleys prices

Post by Paul@HurleysFoods »

Hi to all vendors.
Both Robert and myself are to be honest fed up with the “special offers”, “loyalty bonus prices”, “price match guarantees” and all of the other words that are being thrown about in order to bamboozle and attempt to confuse vendors. I for one have to then spend time analysing these prices to discover what the deal actually is, I’m sure that you all do to.
The prices and offers that are now being displayed look brilliant, they really do. BUT, in actual fact they don’t offer the value that they appear to.
I didn’t want to have to analyse and slate other people’s prices, but I have to break it down to show that we are actually there when it comes to offering value and good prices.
What Robert and I have done over the last few months is now coming to fruition. We have just about completed two big projects and I have completed a third smaller task.
These are as follows
1. We now have our own pot being manufactured in the UK. This is fact and the first ones will roll off the production line in 4 weeks.
2. We have bought machinery and now do our own in house packaging. This is a fully automated production line, not a top of the kitchen table job.
3. We have been able to get better prices for our confectionery by building our volumes and thus being able to go direct to source that we haven’t been able to before.

What we now have is a blueprint to lower all of our prices and keep them low for at least the next 12 months. We won’t make promises for longer than that due to the fact that none of us know what is around the corner.
I am just sorry that we weren’t able to come up with these prices before our competitors issued theirs as it seems that we are now reactionary rather than being proactive, but thats done now.

The prices that I have set out below are for ANYONE buying 9 boxes or more. Theres no “Buy 9 Get One Free” – this kind of complication isn’t required.
There’s no “loyalty” bonus scheme – this is not required as you get the benefit from day one not in month four. And as we know so much can happen in a quarter of a year to affect prices..........
Please, take time to analyse what we are saying and offering. I hope the way that I have written it makes sense and is easy to understand. If it isn’t, please just let me know and I will gladly clarify any point you wish me to.
Flaws in my calculations may be that I haven’t taken into account of the different volumes of different products that you do in different areas of the country. But, if you look at the mini egg example, this flaw is a benefit as this is such a main line seller.
Our prices are set.
We won’t increase them.
There’s no hidden extras.
Everyone pays the same.
There’s no other price list being offered to bigger vendors as with our competitors
We will not make ourselves economically unviable. That would help no one.
We believe that we have many other facets of our business that will be of benefit to you all –
- The best machinery at the best prices direct from Clenport
- Empty plastic pots for self filling at 5p for vending towers and 14p/ 12.5p for Pringle size ones
- Good, honest, well priced site finding
- A larger range of products than Sweetfix at low prices.

So, here goes.....
Product Buy 9 Get I Free Month 4 Average Price Our Price
(Sweetfix) (Sweetfix) Over 4 months NOW

Mini Eggs 30.6 28.5 30.07 29.5
Jelly Beans 26.1 23.5 25.45 25
Ass. Pencil 24.3 21.5 23.6 24
Str. Pencil 25.2 22.5 24.53 25
Jelly Mix 24.3 21.5 23.6 24
Fizzy Mix 25.2 22.5 24.53 25
Fizzy Cola 24.3 21.5 23.6 24
Cherry Cola 24.3 21.5 23.6 24
Bon Bons 27 24.5 26.38 26.5
Minstrels 33.3 33.5* 33.35 35
Skittles 33.3 33.5* 33.35 35
Choc Raisin 25.2 26.5* 25.53 25
Haribo Rhub. & Custard NOT AVAILABLE 26.5
Chocolate Peanuts NOT AVAILABLE 26.5
Haribo Jelly Babies NOT AVAILABLE 26.5
Chocolate Beans NOT AVAILABLE 29
Mini Rolos NOT AVAILABLE 31
Fruit Pastilles NOT AVAILABLE 31
Love Hearts NOT AVAILABLE 31
Haribo Starmix NOT AVAILABLE 27
Haribo Tangfastics NOT AVAILABLE 27
Soft Mints NOT AVAILABLE 32
Haribo Milk Shakes NOT AVAILABLE 27
Haribo Heart Throbs NOT AVAILABLE 27

The calculations are based on buying one box of each product per month and then getting one box at the special month four price.
You can apply your sales mix to the matrix above and see how it works for you. I do realise that we don’t beat all the prices, but we beat some of the mainline higher volumes ones.
The * is because I have to point out that you will pay more in month four for these three lines than in months one to three. Bit of a faux pas there.
When you apply the saving you can make on the long list of products that Sweetfix don’t do, I would hope that the overall picture is better and that you choose our products for your machines.
Again, I would like to say that I don’t enjoy pulling apart other people’s prices and offers, but I feel we have been forced to do so in order to show that we offer pretty much the same value for money for a well packaged and presented product.
Thanks for persisting this far with this post. I realise how lengthy it is, but I couldn’t be any more concise without missing valuable points.
All the best and hope to speak to even more of you soon.

Paul@ Hurleys Foods.
BigVend
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: Kent,Sussex, Surrey
Machines Used: Towers
Referred by?: UK Business Forums
Location: Kent, Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire, South London

Re: Swwetfix's spring and summer loyalty offers.

Post by BigVend »

Paul,

I cannot read or understand those numbers, could you please just post a list of your products and prices.

regards

Guy
Paul@HurleysFoods
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Uk
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Paul Collier and Many other Vendors

Hurleys Analysis

Post by Paul@HurleysFoods »

Hi there. Not until I posted the file did I see that it doesnt work in that format. Its now on an attachment. Many apologies, Paul.
Hurleys Anlysis.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kris@tubzbrandsltd
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: south east
Machines Used: towers
Referred by?: New forum

Re: Hurleys prices

Post by kris@tubzbrandsltd »

Hi Paul,

Once again it looks like suppliers are pulling out all the stops to give the best prices to their customers. Which I think is brilliant.... :thumbup: :dance: :alc:

It is strange to think that it was the introduction of original tubz vending clear container that revolutionised the tower vending industry and paved the way for all the other clear container suppliers to follow in our footsteps. it makes me proud to have been part of it. :50: Quite flattering really that our original concept is now by far the most popular tower vending product in the UK. :bounce:

As all our customers know with our price promise 'Match it and beat it policy' tubz vending Brands will have to offer these prices and beat that price on the Mini eggs by £1 a per box. :cry2:

Our price promise is on the bottom of all our price lists and open to all our customers as it always has been. :friends:

Also just to make our customers aware that we now keep in stock new M42 (Clenport Pringle towers). Standard price for 1 tower is £155. Further discounts applied for bulk orders. :alc:

Again to not forget that all our customers can still take advantage of our new voucher card scheme. :50: :tubz vending:

Please remember that tubz vending Brands have by far the widest range available with over 35 different tubz vending lines to choose from, and we keep over 2000 boxes in stock at any one time all available for next day delivery.

We also have NEW branded products being launched towards the end of this month so you will have a even wider range to choose from. :banana2: :banana:

I wish you all the best Paul :beerchug:
Jon123
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Cornwall
Machines Used: bulk vender

Post by Jon123 »

Paul can you lay out those prices in a readable format. The only format I can see is that your maths is not correct?!

Also with regards to not stocking a "full range" I am an operator with over 200 machines and I do not see the need to hold such vast ranges as inevitable you are going to end up with waste and then dispose of these slow selling lines at a cost to your pocket!!

Also to add Sweetfix can do all the lines that tubz vending & Hurleys do but we do it on request only as we have found none of these lines to be in the top 10 of sellers so therefore find it fairly pointless stocking qtys that will go out of date.

Cheers
Jonny
Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

That's a very honest straight forward explanation and I like it. Prices are good and I wouldn't worry about appearing reactionary as opposed to pro-active . All businesses are a bit of both as good businesses react and adapt to ever changing conditions. What I would stay clear of is making reference to other companies . All operators on here watch, and know what all suppliers are doing and what their prices are without having other suppliers point it out to them . It just unfortunately makes it look like sour grapes and bitchiness on behalf of the poster.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Vendingwarehouse wrote:That's a very honest straight forward explanation and I like it. Prices are good and I wouldn't worry about appearing reactionary as opposed to pro-active . All businesses are a bit of both as good businesses react and adapt to ever changing conditions. What I would stay clear of is making reference to other companies . All operators on here watch, and know what all suppliers are doing and what their prices are without having other suppliers point it out to them . It just unfortunately makes it look like sour grapes and bitchiness on behalf of the poster.
Yep I agree 100%
dorsetvending
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

decent response Paul.

From an operators perspective the ideal scenario would be for all the Sweet Tubs suppliers to remain in business. Keeps the long-term price lower rather than just short-term gains :thumbup:
glennborthwick
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: devon dorset somerset
Machines Used: bulk tower toy condoms

Post by glennborthwick »

"The calculations are based on buying one box of each product per month and then getting one box at the special month four price."

The above statement is deliberately misleading and I would appreciate if you quote our offers do it correctly.

You get 50% credit, so lets say you buy a box in april may and june that entitles you to credit to buy 1.5 boxes at the discounted price. This is done as a simple cash credit.
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi Glen

Having read your last post above, I thought that may have misunderstood about the Sweetfix offer, but having read your earlier post I am really confused. As I read it, if you spend 3 K, you get a 50% credit which can be spent at your discounted price, published in the other post. I cant see how you get 1.5 boxes at the discounted rate.

This is your staterment below. If I am wrong, could you please explain it to me again.

Thanks,

Paul

Here's how it will work. Lets say you spend £1000 each month in April May and June at our regular prices you total spend is £3000. You will be allocated 50% of this amount at our amazing July discounted prices. £1500 worth at the following prices.