Beaver Coin Mech Help - and which size quare bit :)

Post your coin operated technical questions here
newmark
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Google

Beaver Coin Mech Help - and which size quare bit :)

Post by newmark »

HI guys,

I have a machine with a 50p Beaver mech. The mech turns a bit then catches, and it needs a few goes before it goes all the way round. It is as if something needs adjusting, as I've tried lubricating and although it helps it is still not right.

Can anyone give any advice on what it might be? My worry is, a customer would not keep trying, they would try and turn the mech and when it didnt go round, they would take their coin and walk away.

I would take the mech apart for a look, but it needs a square scredriver bit, which I dont have. I would order one, but can anyone tell me what size I need. Iv'e seen S2 mentioned, does that sound right?

Thanks again,

Mark
newmark
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Google

Re: Beaver Coin Mech Help - and which size quare bit :)

Post by newmark »

Hi guys,

I've managed to answer my own question, so thought I'd update the thread in case it helps anyone else.

I managed to find an S2 square bit however this was slightly too large to fit in the square holes in the Beaver mech. The S1 was too small - it must be an imperial american size maybe?

Anyway, I took the S2 bit and carefully filed it down with a metal file to make it fractionally smaller, and this worked perfectly!

After some slight adjustment and lubrication it is now working much better and much smoother :)

Also, I noticed that the "finger" that presses in to make sure a coin is present was not aligned correctly making it possible to turn the handle with no coin in! I adjusted this so the finger is now in the correct place, and it works as it should - no free vends!

Best regards, Mark
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: Beaver Coin Mech Help - and which size quare bit :)

Post by Coin Operated Group »

:thumbup:
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com