DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: South and West Wales
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Google Search

converting towers to accept toys

Post by DT Vending »

Apologies if a post of this nature has been bought up before.
I have started converting some of my spare sweet towers to vend the 50mm toy capsules with the use of a block placed in the bottom of a plastic barrel.

I am finding that my towers are vending the 50mm Toy vend capsules 96% of the time without any issues at all BUT of the 4% they are failing ! It seems that they are turning in the column. I have tried 55mm and these are a no go as they cause a lot of problems. I have also bought 50mm from some suppliers that arrive in slightly larger capsules !
I notice that the tubz vending toy capsules are perfectly round and some of the converted tubz vending towers have a sleeve placed in each column,
are the sleeves needed ? Or is the answer just to get hold of the same capsules that tubz vending use ? i have noticed that the puppy club are of the same size.

any help or advise much appreciated.
Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Kent
Machines Used: Vending towers
Referred by?: On google

Re: converting towers to accept toys

Post by Central2vend »

Yes the sleeves are needed for slightly undersized capsules.
All others from tubz vending work without the sleeve.
The range is tried and tested and work perfect.
DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by DT Vending »

Any idea where i can buy the sleeves on their own from ? or can some one point me in the right direction of what the sleeves are made from ?
DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by DT Vending »

Just an update, tubz vending sell the sleeves for the towers as a set priced at £1.99.Have mine arriving this week so will keep you posted.
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Post by Quinch »

The sleeves tubz vending sell are for their Squishland products as they are the smaller 50mm egg shape but other suppliers also sell the smaller egg so it works for them too. It slides down the grooves on the inside of the segment and prevents the eggs jamming, works fine. You only need it for the small eggs as the spherical 50mm capsules vend fine without it. I vend the larger 55mm eggs in my machines also and although you do get the odd jam in my experience it's pretty rare, it gives you way more product options if you use them as loads of the stuff Toyvend, ATN etc sell is in the large egg capsule.
DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by DT Vending »

Loving my converted towers now and finding its a great way to get toys in to a site. Had one particular site that emptied a toy tower less than a week ! Soon managed to get a 4 head Tomy in there which is doing really well.