tubz vending, Hurleys users. NEW £1 COIN MECHS @ £10 EACH.

Need help with the website or have any suggestions for improvements, submit your questions here.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Re: tubz vending vending vending, Hurleys users. NEW £1 COIN MECHS @

Post by Style »

Some of you have probably already worked this out. But many of my tomy mechs are working with both coins without having anything done to them. So if you have them, test them before taking them to bits and or sending them off.

Andy
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Re: tubz vending vending, Hurleys users. NEW £1 COIN MECHS @ £10 EAC

Post by Snackmore »

yes mine too
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

OscarHarris
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Referred by?: Google search

Post by OscarHarris »

Style wrote:Some of you have probably already worked this out. But many of my tomy mechs are working with both coins without having anything done to them. So if you have them, test them before taking them to bits and or sending them off.

Andy
Snackmore wrote:yes mine too
Hi Andy and Steve,

If true that's great news, however, you may need to be care with this.

I have found many metal Tomy mechs to vend with the new coin too. However they rarely successfully vend in ALL rotational positions. Be sure to test with the new coin sitting in the mech with the queens-head directly up or directly down. This gives you the longest diameter for all contact points inside these particular mechs. If the coin vends in this position it will vend in all others. If it doesn't then statistically speaking it will fail 1 in 6 tries, most of the time this causes the mech to jam and is therefore unusable until you visit again.

Some plastic case Tomy mechs will vend without conversion on occasion too. Again you need to test in all rotation positions to be sure (hard to do without taking these apart). If they do get stuck in a "wider position" then they can get jamed in the coin carrier. If this happens the mech can then be turned over and over again until your machine is empty :cry:

I hope this help!

Cheers, Jay.
cliffxtc
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: North East England
Machines Used: Pringles, towers, condoms, toys

Post by cliffxtc »

Having used Paul's service I can highly recommend it. I tried buying a couple of different backplates and doing it myself, and it didn't work.
You also get the mechs professionally packed on return. Sending my second batch today.