Articles

Need help with the website or have any suggestions for improvements, submit your questions here.
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Greater Manchester
Referred by?: Google

Articles

Post by JustCraig »

Forums are great sources of knowledgeable people but I also like to read articles written by people in the know too.

Ever thought of having an article section where the more experienced members can submit articles that newbie's may find useful?

The thing with posts on a forum is that as the forum grows, some really useful info can get buried. I also think that articles can generate a lot of conversation between members too which could help make the forum more active?

They don't need to be grammatically perfect, but I think us newbie's would be eternally grateful.

Articles could cover anything and everything (whatever the writer feels is relevant). Ideas could include:

10 Top Tips for Finding New Sites
7 Deadly Sins for New Operators to Avoid
Free Excel spreadsheet for your vending accounts
10 tips for buying an existing vending round

That sort of thing.... :D
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: walsall, north bham, A5 area
Machines Used: towers, bulk vendors, kiddies rides, football tabl
Location: Walsall, Bham, tamworth, cannock,and surrounding areas in the West Midlands

Re: Articles

Post by choice vending »

An artical is only a point of view from that persons perspective a bit like history really. i am a full time operator with 6 years vending experiance. There are other opertotors on here with lots more experiance and some with less. i could write and artical and some may thing its Boll*cks. Especaily my bham city supporting friend from the other side of the city!!
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JustCraig »

True but at the end of the day, that is all advice is - history sugar coated and dressed up as knowlage.

Two fo the sites I run are article based (nothing to do with vending) and from what I have heard, they are useful to some people at least.

It would also provide an insight and a point of view from an experienced perspective - I'm sure with 6 yrs experience you would be able to provide some useful tips and although some may not agree with the content, others would and it would provide us newbies with some useful pointers.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

JustCraig wrote:True but at the end of the day, that is all advice is - history sugar coated and dressed up as knowlage.

Two fo the sites I run are article based (nothing to do with vending) and from what I have heard, they are useful to some people at least.

It would also provide an insight and a point of view from an experienced perspective - I'm sure with 6 yrs experience you would be able to provide some useful tips and although some may not agree with the content, others would and it would provide us newbies with some useful pointers.
Unfortunately not, Brian is correct. He speaks utter ********
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JustCraig »

lol - Fair enough :)
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: walsall, north bham, A5 area
Machines Used: towers, bulk vendors, kiddies rides, football tabl
Location: Walsall, Bham, tamworth, cannock,and surrounding areas in the West Midlands

Post by choice vending »

Yea Matt up the Villa