New - Help Appreciated!

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
vendingventure
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: Google

Re: New - Help Appreciated!

Post by vendingventure »

Siting Services wrote:Yes I am one of the oldies (not in mind though!). We are retired from the operational side of vending and I can't keep away so I offer a site finding service, consultancy and brokerage service to the industry.

South East London is an area that has been operated for many years and I have done a lot of work there for my customers over the years. If you were to start your vending business there, I would recommend 10 towers and go from there.

Feel free to get in touch or call me if you wanted a chat. I am generally busy at this time of day (I should be doing my calls as I write) so get in touch middle afternoon if you want to chat.

Kind regards,

Barbara
Thanks
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

I think 40 pots per month is a little over what I would expect from new sites. Work on 25 to 30 which is more realistic
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

vendingventure
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by vendingventure »

Snackmore wrote:I think 40 pots per month is a little over what I would expect from new sites. Work on 25 to 30 which is more realistic
Even with a smaller number of towers so the ability to re-site them frequently if they are not selling enough? I had figured anything selling less on average than 25 ppm i would re-site until finding good enough sites. Obviously once I'm dealing with more towers that becomes more difficult to do.

By new sites do you mean sites that are provided through site finding services, or do you include ones found by yourself?

I may have to revise my figures down to less sales per tower.

Thanks for the reply.
PabloV8Haggis
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Towers
Referred by?: PabloV8

Post by PabloV8Haggis »

VendingVenture, I think you should read the post called "startup costs", in the general chat area, I wrote it sometime ago, it has been read 18 thousand plus times so it should answer some of your queries!

If you take the notion of removing towers because they sell less than 25! I guess in your area you will very quickly run out of places to ask/site and, ruin it for other operators who would be pleased/glad to have sites that do 25 a month. You have set a high bar, read the post as indicated, some suppliers have put unrealistic targets on the web. Even 'Dellboy told Rodney, he was going to be a millionaire tomorrow' .

I applaud your enthusiasm however, this game can be very sessional. And no doubt some on the forum will quickly let you know that they have sites doing trillions, I have many sites doing in excess of 100 a month however, I have loads doing less than 25 a month. If you are realistic you will survive this line of business. By the way, siting costs in excess of £20/30 a month depending on who you use therefore, that is a months profit on that site lost before you start unless of course you do it your.

Steve is spot on with his answer/response. Having said all that, I wish you Great success.

Pablo
vendingventure
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by vendingventure »

PabloV8Haggis wrote:VendingVenture, I think you should read the post called "startup costs", in the general chat area, I wrote it sometime ago, it has been read 18 thousand plus times so it should answer some of your queries!

If you take the notion of removing towers because they sell less than 25! I guess in your area you will very quickly run out of places to ask/site and, ruin it for other operators who would be pleased/glad to have sites that do 25 a month. You have set a high bar, read the post as indicated, some suppliers have put unrealistic targets on the web. Even 'Dellboy told Rodney, he was going to be a millionaire tomorrow' .

I applaud your enthusiasm however, this game can be very sessional. And no doubt some on the forum will quickly let you know that they have sites doing trillions, I have many sites doing in excess of 100 a month however, I have loads doing less than 25 a month. If you are realistic you will survive this line of business. By the way, siting costs in excess of £20/30 a month depending on who you use therefore, that is a months profit on that site lost before you start unless of course you do it your.

Steve is spot on with his answer/response. Having said all that, I wish you Great success.

Pablo
Hi Pablo,

I've read the start up costs thread. I think i've got a decent idea about costs (though still a couple of things i'm interested in such as price of printing good quality labels for self packing). It's more the sales figures i'm interested in from a numbers perspective. I see you've suggested about 25ppm as an average figure, which is similar to Steve above saying 25-30. But others in the thread seemed to think they are achieving higher averages than that. So i'd be interested in getting a broader view of how much people are actually achieving sales wise. It could of course just be that some people have managed to start in areas that don't have much competition.

Pushing for 25ppm as a minimum is probably too ambitious and i'll revise this figure down in my business plan. Also in terms of siting costs i'm expecting to use a combination of siting services and selling in person until i have a better idea of which is working best for me and the best use of time/money.

Thanks for reading and responding!
PabloV8Haggis
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by PabloV8Haggis »

Steve has been in this game for sometime, he has a good gauge of what is what. I have been doing this for four years, I stand by my original post in general chat. When we say average, we do not use the good months we base it on an annual average, the rough with the good! Like I said, I have fabulous sites, I could quote you that if you like and in doing so tell you that you will get the same figures. Speak to style regards self packing he will point you in the right direction. My original post was provided because too many people asked the same questions, it is honest, unbiased and does not follow any particular supplier or site finder. You pays your money, you takes your chance.
You might be better placed pm/contacting/talking to people in London to get a warts and all appraisal of that area, all said and done over 8million people live their so perhaps London is a golden nugget, everywhere else appears to be saturated.

Happy munching.
PabloV8Haggis
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by PabloV8Haggis »

Spelling their should be there
vendingventure
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by vendingventure »

PabloV8Haggis wrote:Steve has been in this game for sometime, he has a good gauge of what is what. I have been doing this for four years, I stand by my original post in general chat. When we say average, we do not use the good months we base it on an annual average, the rough with the good! Like I said, I have fabulous sites, I could quote you that if you like and in doing so tell you that you will get the same figures. Speak to style regards self packing he will point you in the right direction. My original post was provided because too many people asked the same questions, it is honest, unbiased and does not follow any particular supplier or site finder. You pays your money, you takes your chance.
You might be better placed pm/contacting/talking to people in London to get a warts and all appraisal of that area, all said and done over 8million people live their so perhaps London is a golden nugget, everywhere else appears to be saturated.

Happy munching.
Thanks for your input. I'll have to contact style!

If there are any people reading this who operate in London i'd be interested in finding out what their experiences have been.
PabloV8Haggis
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by PabloV8Haggis »

Why not search for London and ask people direct? It might be sometime before they read your request!
vendingventure
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by vendingventure »

PabloV8Haggis wrote:Why not search for London and ask people direct? It might be sometime before they read your request!
That's probably a good idea!