Newbie Clipstone Nottinghamshire

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
JimBoB1975
Referred by?: Google search

Newbie Clipstone Nottinghamshire

Post by JimBoB1975 »

Hi All,
I am thinking of giving up employment in purchase ledger accounts as can not do this type of work for rest of my working life I am 42. It will drive me crazy, so started looking into franchises as always wanted to me my own boss and that's why I am here.

I like the look of tubz vending as a business and there branding ect looks good and like the idea of the charity boxes being placed in small office ect for example snack appeal as I think there branding with wallace and gromit is good.

So I am thinking of buying two franchises ten machines from tubz vending and charity snack box business which i think is 350 boxes for a full time job running them.

I know it is difficult question but would you make a decent living from this, I will be looking into expanding tubz vending side with either S/H or new machines in the future and attempting to place them self if needed, but prefer there help at start.

I live in Clipstone which in Nottinghamshire close to Mansfield.

Thanks

James Robinson
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Re: Newbie Clipstone Nottinghamshire

Post by Style »

I wouldnt buy a tubz vending franchise, buy yourself some 2nd hand machines and get tubz vending or Barbara to site them for you. Try this b4 jacking in your job and try to build it up a bit first. (the figures tubz vending advertise as sales revenue are pie in the sky)
I also wouldn't touch the honesty boxes. I suspect the life cycle of one of those sites is, month 1 all sweets gone and 90% of the money there, month 2 all stock gone and 50% of the money, month 3 all stock gone and no money so you remove box. But I'm a cynical old git others may tell you differently.
You should also look at toys and Pringles. A good toy site will make you more money than anything else and Pringles sell exceptionally well in most places.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Definitely start part time and build up, don't jack anything in until you've built yourself a decent round up which may take some time and money.
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
JimBoB1975

Post by JimBoB1975 »

Thanks for advice some good points part time would be difficult with my job as long hours etc but very understandable while building up round.

I was hoping creating a large round from early stages of 350 honesty boxes and small of amount of around 10 tubz vending machines at the start would make it difficult to do part time.

Yes thinking about Toys we use them customers as we have a two year old so yes thanks want to get into the toy and Pringles machines.

I have seen Barbara posts on here and got her website as I will at first need help siting but hopefully I can site my self in future if I can otherwise use companies if I can't.

Thanks trying to research these honesty boxes if they are honest and successful not found much yet apart there websites which they claim you can make 30000.00 per annum i would be happy with 20000.00 for both tubz vending venders and honesty boxes.

Thanks

James
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

Read the descriptions and all of them state you could make this much none say you will lol
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

I dont know about honesty boxes Im just guessing based on my experience working in offices. But towers, if you site carefull when you first start you may get an average of £50 per month per tower, but realistically I would do figures based on £30.
Andy
JimBoB1975

Post by JimBoB1975 »

Thnaks for feedback to be honest 30 pounds sounds reasonable with the amount of hours you would have to put in, my brain is in over drive still like the tub vending business starting small and increasing over time but trying to find something to work along side of it could be vending or completly different which could generate a good income and would be full time as I don't mind putting the hours in thanks
Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Kent
Machines Used: Vending towers
Referred by?: On google

Post by Central2vend »

Steer clear of honesty boxes, ive bumped into many people who have lost their shirt from these things!!
Also have no re sale market if you decide to sell
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you want the easier route then prob let tubz vending do it for you, however I would maybe be a bit more savvy and put some stipulations in place regarding minimum sales per site or a free resite , but be realistic maybe 8 sales per week is not unreasonable . Get it in writing as well lol

Alternatives is Barbara for siting and buying second hand machines or your own siting, knocking on doors.This is most labour intensive but also most rewarding if you don't mind knock-backs.
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Hello James

First of all welcome to the Coin Op Group.

Just to give you some feedback on honesty boxes. We ran a trial on honesty boxes nearly 30 years ago, this was before any company was offering them. We identified a gap in the market for the types of sites we occupied, generally the SME's (small-medium enterprises). We originally had small bulk charity vendors on site. We ran a trial of 100 boxes in Thetford, Norfolk and called our offering "Nosh Box". After a 3 month period all boxes bar one were removed as the business model is not a viable one. Your first visit proved very successful and thereafter the theft issue increased week on week until it got to the point where the sites were fed up of paying the money back and they asked for removal or we removed the box as the sites were not prepared to replace the missing money.

I have spoken to endless operators over the years who have run these boxes and the story does not change. Theft is a major issue and many companies now close their doors to having anything to do with charity sweets. Another factor is that the market is saturated with them. Many sites have 1-3 boxes on site and it's very difficult to find a site who does not have at least one! There is an enormous churn rate of sites and operators in this business each lasting a few months, realising that they are not making any money and remove or abandon boxes on site.

I am not saying that all operators of the charity honesty boxes are not able to run the business, there are many who manage their boxes and who have built up good rounds where the sites have relatively small losses, just bear in mind that these are the minority and only those who are able to spend the time to constantly re-site make a go of it.

The tower market offers the site a secure sweet offering which takes no effort on their part. If you were seriously thinking about entering the tower market then start off with 10 towers to 'test the market' and to make sure it's a business that is scaleable in YOUR area. Many sites can be visited on the weekend so it can be easily run alongside your current job.

Once you have done a trial, based on the returns you are getting in your area for the 10 towers, calculate how many machines you would need to buy to replace the income that you have with your full time job. Vending is very capital intensive so do your sums.

I hope the above helps.

Kind regards,

Barbara