sites sunderland, tyne and wear

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
ray-mc
Referred by?: google

sites sunderland, tyne and wear

Post by ray-mc »

Hi all,

i am new to the vending business, i am currently looking to start up in Sunderland or the surrounding areas, i have been looking at either tubz vending and hurleys towers but am now conidering buying towers from ebay and then using a vending site service to find sites for me, i am really undecided on what to do at this point

any advice would be appreciated,

cheers,

Ray
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Re: sites sunderland, tyne and wear

Post by Siting Services »

Hello Ray

Thanks for your PM. I have sent through to you a lengthy reply - I didn't see your posting here.

Good luck and feel free to ask away any questions.

Regards,

Barbara
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Post by Quinch »

Hi

I can't speak for Sunderland but I know from personal experience that the vast majority of good sites in the Newcastle/Gateshead area are already taken, there are a few big operators in the North East with a lot of sites each and a LOT of smaller operators so the competition is quite fierce. The chances of getting any good pub sites is almost zero as they are already taken or the pub companies do not allow the manager to accept anything without head office approval.

I would strongly advise you to do your own research before getting into this business, drive around the area you are intending to operate in and go into any businesses that may be suitable and ask if they would consider having a machine on site. If you spend a few days doing this you should get an idea of how saturated your area is already with towers and other operators (and maybe some leads). As with any new business it is common sense to get some idea of whether or not it is viable before you start spending money.
cliffxtc
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: North East England
Machines Used: Pringles, towers, condoms, toys

Post by cliffxtc »

Wouldn't mind a few new sites myself too.
Cannyvending
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: North East
Machines Used: Washroom, fuzzybrush
Referred by?: google

Post by Cannyvending »

Around nov las year I paid barbs £40 per hour to find me pub sites for quite a few hours 10 or more she found the Sr. And dh postcodes saturated and gave up on them. The other machines I got sites turned out to be either poor sites or snack heads that stole my machine. I've been around and found most sites have already been asked for machines or have them. From what I understand there are a few large operators eg 100 plus sweet machines that have the best sites tied up. This is not to say it's impossible to start up and get a business running, as there are sites still available, it's just harder than most other areas. Of courses this depends on if you are out in the sticks you may be able to tie up good sites.
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

I concur with Cannyvending - the top cherry sites in the area are very few and finding them does take a lot of time. There are still lots of category B and C sites and when on the commission scheme where you pay 5-10%, it's really the best way forward. What newbies have to understand is that vending of these types of vendors have been around for decades and the chances are someone has already acquired the cherry sites or those early sites are no longer available due to breweries/companies closing the door on their pubs/companies to the likes of vending.

Barbara
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Siting Services wrote:I concur with Cannyvending - the top cherry sites in the area are very few and finding them does take a lot of time. There are still lots of category B and C sites and when on the commission scheme where you pay 5-10%, it's really the best way forward. What newbies have to understand is that vending of these types of vendors have been around for decades and the chances are someone has already acquired the cherry sites or those early sites are no longer available due to breweries/companies closing the door on their pubs/companies to the likes of vending.

I will add though, not all areas of the U.K. are as tough as the ones I have done for Cannyvending with lots of top cherry sites to be had and some areas are even tougher! That is why any newbie needs to research the business and then find out availability of sites in their area and go from there building slowly.

Barbara
cliffxtc
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by cliffxtc »

What news then Ray? I'm based in Tyneside, would be interested to know how you're getting on.
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

Try phoning a few contact nos on other operators machines and ask if they want to sell. best way to grow.

Pete
cliffxtc
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by cliffxtc »

Agreed