New round

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
Swansea1
Area Covered: Swansea
Referred by?: Google

New round

Post by Swansea1 »

Hi all im looking to start off a new round in swansea but need some advice,ive looked at hurleys and tubz vending but have no idea which is best or even go alone and pay to get the towers sited? Cant really aford to spend more than £5000 on start up but need to make at least £500 per month is this realistic,would be gratefull for some help thanks .phil
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Re: New round

Post by Siting Services »

Hello Phil

I just wanted to welcome you to the Coin Operated Forum and I am pleased to see that you have joined.

Feel free to get stuck in.

Good luck.

Kind regards,

Barbara Fellowes
OscarHarris
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Referred by?: Google search

Post by OscarHarris »

Hi Phil, Welcome.

Just to get you started, you'll need approx 40 machines to make £500 profit per month. Your £5000 gives you £125 per machine, which should just about cover the cost of a second hand machine (£70), stock to fill it (£35) and a site finding fee (£20).

The cost of machines can vary wildly, and so can the condition. But £70 is a pretty realistic figure for a decent 2nd hand machine. The truth is tubz vending and Hurleys are very similar in terms of price and quality of stock, which is all you will probably need the for (I've used tubz vending for years and been very happy. I would recommend Barbara on here for your site finding needs. She is about the only option to be honest, however, luckily for us she is excellent!

Getting hold of 40 machines at the right price and siting them is not going to happen over night, so give yourself a few months at least (maybe even a little longer). You'll pour your initial profit back in purchasing stock to service the machines etc so take this into account.

Obviously if you can purchase 40 already sited machines from a local operator looking to sell up for the same money (or less), then this may be the way to go:)

All the best!!!

Jay.
Swansea1
Area Covered: Swansea
Referred by?: Google

Post by Swansea1 »

Thanks barbra
And thankyou oscar had a chat with hurleys today so im still thinking about it,you say i will need 40 towers to get approx 500 p/m. I was thinking of 25 towers
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire

Post by Snackmore »

Are you talking about a turnover of £500 or profit? If talking profit I would suggest 40 is more realistic. Work on an average of £25 in sales a month leaving £10/12 gross profit per machine. This might be a lttle mean but not far from the truth. Yes we all have sites that do £100 a month but probably just as many that do less than £20

Be realistic and then you wont be disappointed, treat the franchise figures quoted as a tad tongue in cheek
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Snackmore »

I put one in a site before Christmas (an old folks home) and collected it last month. It had sold 22 tubs and I threw away 18 tubs which were out of date! Oh and paid £20 for the site in the first place. Not sure if thats good business ....................................
Steve

Snackmore Vending

www.snackmore.co.uk 

FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

Steve
I would say that's not good Business, Lol!
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Snackmore »

No wonder I have no money!
Steve

Snackmore Vending

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Steve, I would sack the siter :oops:

As with any category of business, there are good and poor sites in all the categories and as we all know we have to try them all.

Barbara
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Haha steve. we all have sites like that. Ive taken 3 out this week. We moan about them ones but not about the ones the site finder gets us that does £50 every 3 weeks then we add a Pringles and toy machine and we are getting £300 a month!!!!

BTW I agree 35-40 towers for £500pm profit.
Andy