PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

NEWBIES!

Post by PabloV8 »

Hi,

Welcome to the world of vending!

To save yourself some aggravation from current vending operators and the wrath of others, we have some unwritten rules:

Rule1:
If a site-finder provides you with a site that already has a tower in situ, it would be very professional for you to walk away from the site without siting your tower, your site-finder will always provide you with a replacement site.
Rule2:
If a site-finder provides you with a site that already has a tower in situ, it would be very professional for you to walk away from the site without siting your tower, your site-finder will always provide you with a replacement site.
Rule3:
Rule4:
Rule5:

and so on....... sorry for repeating the message, but some people get really annoyed if you have nicked their site. It is only a site and not worth the aggravation.
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Re: NEWBIES!

Post by FlintVending »

Hi PabloV8
Just like you, I used to get pretty annoyed about site poaching, but I have learned to live with it now and here's why-

In a ideal world everyone would respect your rules, but sadly,we don't live in an ideal world.
Even though to us operators a pot of sweets is just..........well, a pot of sweets, with tubz vending and Hurleys, they both think there product is superior/ better/ different etc.
So why wouldn't they want there products standing right next to the competitors???
Its like Coca Cola and Pepsi, same product, different coluored tin, but all the shops that i have seen sell both and wouldn't ever entertain stocking one exclusively.
With towers, its really like the "wild west" out there now and i am afraid anyone who thinks his sites are "exclusively" his is sadly deluded and i'll tell you something, its going to get worse.
The biggest mistake is thinking when you put a tower in a site, you control it to the exclusitivity of all other operators.
These towers are not ideal as they only hold 81 pots and dont look great when almost empty.
There are quite a few operators out there who don't top up machines regularly and take the lazy option and just wait for a phone call.
That call often never comes and before you know it, a competitors tower is in there, with the site owner justifing it by poor service from his existing operator.
I only really do pubs and clubs now, but I share a few sites with charity towers (I only do commission ones) and there is no point in getting worked up about it. If the licensee is happy to have to different suppliers then we have to respect his decision.
All we can do is try and put alternative products in to what the competition is offering.
About a year ago, I had a pub with Snack A Can, Hurley and tubz vending towers at the SAME TIME ( its closed now) lol.
To Summerise, NO operator can dictate how many other towers go into a given site, ONLY the site owner/ manager can do that!
Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Kent
Machines Used: Vending towers
Referred by?: On google

Post by Central2vend »

wow
The voice of reason
Refreshing
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

cheers Central2vend!
I do tend to go on abit, I know that.lol
Not saying I always right, just my opinion, every area is unique, I suppose.
My area is pretty Rural, so i dont know what its like in the big cities with high concentrations of ppl?

Nigel
Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Kent
Machines Used: Vending towers
Referred by?: On google

Post by Central2vend »

We have water that runs from a tap and we flick a switch
And light comes on. Lol
There are idiots in any trade and the thing to do is rise above it
Treat others with respect and help anyone who needs help.
That's the only way I know.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

You are probably right Nigel. I find a bit of karma comes into it though!
Andy
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Hi FlintVending,

I do not have a problem with competition.

I posted the rules as a bit of tongue in cheek in relation to a bit of aggravation from another poster who was becoming all and mighty over something silly.

You are spot on - some people think they own a site because they have paid a paltry amount as a site finding fee.

The owner/customer is the key to who sites what/where and when in his/her establishment.

A great post :thumbup:
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Post by Style »

Another poorly veiled insult Pablo. Don't you think it's time you got over it and moved on?
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Style :blahblah:

You have got some real deep down issues with life!

You need to look at your posts and stop thinking its the whole world against Style.

Its all about Karma, I am not the one who threw insults against another company, against colleagues. You need to do what I do five times a week, get down the gym and get rid of that pent up energy.

FFS it is only a site, get over it! :out:
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Post by Style »

Pablo, it's not me keeping dragging it up, lol. You really are one impressive dude, you keep going pal!