Total newbie - advice please.

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
MarkAnf
Referred by?: google search

Re: Total newbie - advice please.

Post by MarkAnf »

Thanks part-time-operator - what area are you in, how long have you been at it & do you have a lot of towers?
I'm getting quite confused as it seems from the link Matt sent the profits are really low and you would need hundreds of towers and thousands of pounds outlay to make a half decent living? Unless I'm just not getting it?!
Cheers Mark
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Post by part-time-operator »

i'm in the midlands which is a very competitive area now, I don't have as many as I used to but I still eat. You've hit the nail on the head, thousands of pounds and a couple hundred towers and you'll have a decent living from a low risk cash business, no bad debts, work when you like etc. The real plus side of a vending round is you can start from zero and build it up
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi Mark,

I am in Scunthorpe and surrounding areas. I once looked at Hull, but decided not to go over the bridge. If there are not many towers about, why not try a few towers as an independent operator before committing to a franchise. There are other suppliers of machines and stock that don't want to tie you into a contract. You have to make the choices. Give Hurleys International Foods a ring before you make a firm decision.

Cheers, Paul
MarkAnf
Referred by?: google search

Post by MarkAnf »

Hi Paul
Thanks for the reply - I would suggest Scunny is much the same as Hull in many ways therefore I'd be really interested to know how you do and how you started etc. I'm still finding the outlay (even cheap) vs the profit quite incongruous! PM me if you want to speak privately.
Cheers
Mark