Total newbie - advice please.

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
MarkAnf
Referred by?: google search

Total newbie - advice please.

Post by MarkAnf »

Hello
First, I'd like to introduce myself to your world. My name is Mark, I'm 56 & I live in East Yorkshire. I have had various jobs since I finished my career with the Local Authority in 2007 however these days, all I seem able to get is zero hours contracts, minimum wage, 'work you like a dog' jobs which don't suit my needs. Therefore, I am looking towards the possibility of a low-cost franchise and working in a self-employed manner. I found the tubz vending franchise and liked the look of it in the sense of the products seem well recognisable good sellers, it appears a relatively low-cost to set up & they seem to offer good support. However, a quick glance at this forum & I'm already seeing other options eg buying second hand 'towers', stock & self site-ing etc. I wonder if anyone would be able to talk me through the options and advise me if it is worth a venture? I know the standard sort of ambiguous clichés like 'the more you put in the more you get out' etc. I am prepared to work at least 40 hours a week and willing to give it a good go!
I guess I would welcome anyone who could advise me how it all works etc and the average type of returns vs investment one could expect.
Many thanks
Mark
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: Total newbie - advice please.

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Dependant on the area you are in , the best way to progress quickly is to buy out existing rounds. What area are you looking at ?
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
MarkAnf

Post by MarkAnf »

Hi
I'm in Hull but not noticed many of these towers about? Does the amount of second-hand stuff & rounds available suggest a high failure rate?
Mark
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Failure rates are probably governed by peoples failure to grow fast enough. People start working in this business part time but you cant earn enough part time so you will be working employed as well. I think people get fed up with working 7 days a week to get to a point where they can quit work and go into vending full time.
I went FT in vending at 150 machines, it took 4 years to get to that point. Growing is a long and labour intensive process, for every two you put in you take one out.
But on the plus side, the returns can be very good, you are in charge of your own destiny, its a simple business to run and unlike a lot of self employed businessess you dont have to motivate yourself too much and once you have established your round you dont need to spend much time looking for new business.
Im glad I did it.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

OH and BTW Im selling 2nd hand machines.
MarkAnf

Post by MarkAnf »

Hi thanks for replying
I'm really interested in setting up but have a lot of factors to consider such as, cost, location, type of sites, profit margins, replacement stock etc.
You clearly have vast experience in this game and I wonder if you could give me an idiot's guide as to what to expect. As I say, I live in Hull and have not noticed any of these machines, do you think that suggests a rich, untapped hunting ground or a non starter - Hull can be a funny place?!
Cheers Mark
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
MarkAnf

Post by MarkAnf »

Big thanks for the link Matt - good reality check!
sadler2886
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: wv,dy,ws
Machines Used: tower
Referred by?: internet

Post by sadler2886 »

Hi mark, check your inbox as I have sent you a msg.

Regards
Richard
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Post by part-time-operator »

if you've had experience of working like a dog for no money then you're very well suited to starting a vending round lol this is a good industry for people who are starting with next to nothing if you can get out a loan or get some money somehow to start quicker that will help .