NEW Pound Coin

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

NEW Pound Coin

Post by PabloV8 »

Just in the process of stripping down some kaput machines to make 5 or 8 good machines.

Have to say, looking at the coin plate, I think it will take one/two hours to strip, put new coin plate in place, refit, clean and restock.

That is a lot of work if you have a big round!

And of course you have to collect then return said machines. Guess I will do this in batches of 10.

Guess who is not going to bother getting new machines in 2016!

Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Re: NEW Pound Coin

Post by Style »

You should be able to to change the coin carriers on spare mechs, (probably 10 mins each one) then just carry a batch of spare mechs around and swap on site.
Im more worried about the lost sales in the change over period. Presumably people will use both old and new coins for a while but our machines will only accept 1 type. Hopefully they will have the right coin.
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

You will not be able to do this on site!

Cannot see customers being happy with me stripping down a machine.

Do you not have to:

empty machine entirely
Take nut of top
Take all segments off
Split the base
Remove the lock
Remove/change coin slot
Then rebuild/refill

Or do you know of a different way?

Some of my locations would not have the space!
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Totally agree on the lost sales - going to be a nightmare.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Post by Style »

I've got around 300 towers (all different makes) and I can get the coin mech off all of mine (except 1) without taking them to bits.
Andy
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Hi Andy,

I will need to change the lock mechanisms on about 7 machines this week or next, at the moment just stripped down 10 machines and in the process of popping the segments into the dish washer :whistle: other half not impressed LOL!

I could do with knowing how to remove the lock mechanism so if it is alright can I pm you in a couple of days?

Do not want to ask you to publish it on the forum as it might give some unscrupulous people the means/knowledge on how to break into a machine.

Cheers,

Pablo
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

Hi Pablo,

You do not need to strip down a machine to remove the coin mech! As Andy says this is a simple operation that can be done in site.

From the back of the machine unlock & remove back plate and coin box, flick the spring loaded lever (downwards to disengage) on coin mech. Looking at the coin mech from the front, lift the left hand side (spring loaded lever side) of mech out first, remove mech. If you cannot reach the spring loaded lever with your finger (I can't) Then use the curved handle of a small condiment spoon to hook the catch and pull down. It much easier on a Clenport than a Chinese made machine because the spring catch is lower down on the mech and easier to flock with your little finger. To reinsert, engage the groved side of the mech first so the mech is everlapped and snug on the right side of the machine, slot the mech home engaging the male/female bits. You may have to twiddle the handle to engage correctly. I somtimes with my free hand, via the back of the machine lift the drum to help engagement, once engaged, flip catch up to lock. Simples!

Give me a call and I'll talk you through it 07920 260 960. If you're near Watford, drop in and I'll gladly show you. If in any previous life you were either a gynocologist or a vet you will find the above easy. Once you start to build your round to 000's of machines it's essential to carry spares and undertake repairs on site.

Regards,

Pete
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Post by Style »

Pablo, it may be that you have very old LAIV machines. I started out with them, if its that make then you will have to take them apart. But as Pete says with all others (probably 99% of the towers out there) its just a simple latch on the back of the coin mech.

If you want to stick a photo of one of yours on here I should be able to tell. But if you have LAIVs I would be looking to upgrade whilst towers are cheap. (I could even sell you some ;-) )
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Hi Pete & Andy,

Thanks for your help on this, it has been really useful and appreciated. In the past I just recovered machines, repaired and then sited. Got better as time went on and took a couple of spare machines out with me. Now that I have undertook this exercise successfully, I see the way ahead is to take spare lock mechanisms.

The machines I have are in the main:

New tubz vending machines which to be fair have been excellent
Clenports and Chinese

New Hurleys
Clenports and Chinese

Sec hand various

Chrome and black base
Mixture of Clenports and Chinese

In the process of repaired old stock have just dish washed all segments and have sufficient to make 6 machines perfect from 10 that required various repair.

Will now look to site ten machines over the next week as I had several new machines available to site.

Once that is done I shall go through the whole process again as my garage is full of machines in for repair.

Absolutely chuffed.

Once again thanks. :thumbup: :wave:
Charlie--
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: google

Post by Charlie-- »