Hi All

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Re: Hi All

Post by PabloV8 »

That's the way to be. Do it part-time and plough all profits back in and you will grow, that is how I started. It never works out as intended for some if they do not have another income.

Charlie, even part-time you are going to need 100+ machines to see any light at end of tunnel - otherwise you start to wonder if it is worth it.

Happy munching.
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Yeah, just looked at the website, looks like Charlie purchased a bundle of ten. Clearly states 35p a tub. They must have chosen all of the cheapest items, by the way that figure was there last Feb when I purchased a 25 bundle. I do not buy bundles any more but to be honest it had everything I needed to start - but guess they could trim at least £300 to £500 of the ten bundle. Only way Charlie wil get that price structure changed is by using Trade and Standards.

It quotes 10 per week average = 5200 per year for the 10 bundle sales.

That is Brewsters Millions figures. 5/6/7 a week average is more realistic throughout the year - rather than a spectacular week that would perhaps have figures as indicated in a busy time of the year.

Free tub for anyone achieving those averages.

Cheers.
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Free tubs for the tubz vending figures that is :50:
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

After all the bundle prices it quotes:

At 20 sales per unit per week (which is less then 3 sales per day) you would have got your investment back on any of these packages in a little over 6 months!!

I have a couple of machines doing that! Guess they are now paid for :50:
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

Hi Pablo,

I'm puzzeled what do you mean by 'substandard clenport' if you buy new they should be perfect. If bought second hand in good working order?

All the best.

Pete
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Hi Pete,

No! You pays for what you get!

I have Clenports from tubz vending! Never had a murmur from them for over 12 months, really nice quality machines.

I have Clenports from Hurleys - these have a pop rivit in the top of lid, these machines have given me umpteen problems from jammed pots to jammed mechanism.

Guaranteed yes.

I have to return the parts, get new parts and fit the parts. Been there, done that, a load of hastle.

Take it from me (I have had 13 machines break this year, all Hurleys), better if I just get on with it and repair said machines myself using if I can, parts from the old black Clenports - now they are superb, but do not look as nice as the chrome Clenports hence using for repairs.

After all I have a fair stock waiting repair now - since the bad weather is now upon us, I guess I have the time to get on with it.
Hope that clarifies your query.

Like I said, you can by an MX5 or a Porsche.

Happy munching.
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Post by PGBrew »

Hi Pablo,

Do these have the new single piece drum?

Cheers Pete
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Hi Pete,

I have yet to strip them down.

I guess they will be the new all in one piece as they are less than 12 months old. Do not have many product jams as such anymore as this issues was resolved by just using tubz vending products. The amount of callouts using the Hurleys unsealed lid products got beyond a joke, told them several times alas they did not do much until many started complaining etc.

Have written off all old Hurley stock so this problem should not happen anymore.

The problems I am having is with the coin mechanisms jamming, coins keep getting jammed in the mechanism rock solid. Intend to strip down about ten machines end of this week and then rebuild. Must say, when I site machines I tend to run at least 20 coins through to make sure all works as expected - but, kids are kids and some how they manage to jam them.

The problems I have with some sites is that when the Chinese machines were positioned, some kids worked out how to break the mechanism so that they got freebies. I put new Clenports in same place and they managed to jam the mechanisms, spoke to person in charge and the jams are not done maliciously, he is a good egg so take it at face value. The freebies problem, well that is part and parcel of this type of business

Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!
dorsetvending
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

If you get a coin jam, one of best ways to prevent further issues is to scrape out the coin carrier. A few thousands of an inch on both sides works well, it allows through a few fakes, but they get accepted by the banks and your towers still operational.
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Post by PGBrew »

I do what Gav suggests. get hold of a larger fake coin and file the coin acceptor untill it just fits, then you won't have the problem again. should take you about 10 mins.