Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
Charlie--
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: google

Re: Hi All

Post by Charlie-- »

Style wrote:My average last year was £33 pm and 17% commission
is that £33 a month as in sales or profit after COGS and site comission but before other expensise like petrol - average per month per tower????
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport

Post by Mark@YorVend »

Hi Charlie,
Unfortunately you have already found out what we have been facing up to over the last year or two; most of the people that will consider saying yes to a sitefinder have already said it!!
I had some leaflets printed (£70 for 100), and went out sitefinding recently and found 5 sites in 4 hours, and that included stopping for half a dozen G&T's :)

As for tubz vending, I wouldn't touch their stock with a barge pole! I recently had a look at their Swizzle Matlow mix while buying some spare machines off one of their guys, and I was absolutely disgusted with it. The ones I pack myself have 7 items in which is about as much as is phisicaly possible; the tubz vending ones by comparison has about 4 items in them and looked like a joke.

If I were you I would ditch tubz vending as soon as you get the other 4 sites (which now you've come on here and pointed out their faults is going to be never), and have a mix of Hurley's and self packed lines.
Stick to; Skittle, moam, maestro (white ones are worth a try too), toblerone (alternate with self pack choc orange), cherry cola bottles (ordinary cola bottles are crap). If you get some good family pubs get a box of flashing bouncy balls from Hurley's, put a line in every now and then and you can make some very good quick sales.

DON'T bother with.... tango chews, vimto chews, squashems, everton mints, jelly babies.... not worth bothering with!

If you need any help or advice or help feel free to give me a call charlie :thumbup:

07751 934452
Charlie--
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Charlie-- »

Cheers Mark for the reply, TBH I feel a bit disheartened with it all.
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Post by PabloV8 »

Charlie,

Do not be disheartened - but when dealing with suppliers they will sell their Grand Mother so take on board what yorvend has said in relation to stock.

You will find that I say it as it is, I have nothing to prove and will always be honest - as I said the best machinery by a mile is from tubz vending, you pays your money you take your chances.

Sales, you will get good sites and bad sites hence the reason people post averages. Some sites are 10% commission, some sites are 20% commission and some are 10% for charity and 10% for the customer - that is the nature of this business.

Site finding as said before and endorsed by youvend - best have a go yourself and save a bit of money.

The data on the websites about how much can be made is pie in the sky, they should be ashamed of themselves, i would wager that they once had a site that/or still does that and hence they put it on the website.

In the real world....... if you have x machines, you would naturally have an average - I always work on the 25 a month average throughout the year, sometimes it is up and sometimes it is down.

I am very fortunate (at the moment) that I do not rely on the business to generate an income therefore, can plough profits straight back in and gave the business an interest free loan to purchase all of machines throughout the year. Having done this for a year I now let the business pay for everything itself ie stock and has started paying back what it owes me. So I do not draw a salary but will do so perhaps next year.

The websites quote x, y and z but forget that you have to purchase stock, towers, stands, transport, liability insurance and so forth. So stick in there with it and do not give up.

Back to stock:

I put all branded items in most sites as it sells pretty well ie rolo, smarties, skittles, Toblerone etc - sure I use other items as I have about 24 lines so yes you can bring the average of each pot down by selling cheaper items. However, the market prefers the branded items, certainly the case with me. So like I said if you want to be more exact 45p a pot, after vat and delivery unless you get free delivery of course, add 10% for charity and your profit is 45p at worst, if you pay 20% then you have 35p profit. But you do have to pay for the machinery etc.

The problem I have with the products is that the suppliers keep dwindling the contents and think we do not notice, that helps them keep their margins etc. I guess in the future I shall have to consider packing myself as many others do. It does not cost that much to get labels made etc.

Otherwise, people on this forum will pounce on you and offer a ridiculous amount of money for your business.

If I were you I would spend several hours reading through all posts and you will get a better understanding of this business.

Pm me if you want advice anytime as we are here to help everyone.

Kindest regards.
Charlie--
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Charlie-- »

Thanks Pablo,

Some interesting points you made there.
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Hi Charlie,

To stress my point in relation to the figures banded about on websites:

I have a site that does in excess of 30 tubs a week, now if I used that example against my other clients I would be talking 'Brewsters Millions' here, but alas, that would be far from the truth. Like I said 25 average a month is very generous for my round.

Another aspect is how many of us are limited companies?

To be a limited company you have to turn over £81k, on this forum we have over 600 members. How many do you think are limited?

I would wager less than a third.

Kind regards :wave:
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

And to put the above post in to reality.

£81000 / 12 = 6750 tubs a month

6750/25 = 270 towers each and every month

:wtf:

I am not trying to put anyone off, indeed I think there is enough business for everyone, but some sites do stretch the truth a little, after all they need your business.

Some members have 500+ sites and some a little less! the worlds your oyster! only you - with some hard work, can put together a round that reaps the hallowed rewards. Just be realistic and build up slowly and confidently.

The site finding is what will peg your progress or time factor.

Enjoy.
Charlie--
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Charlie-- »

PabloV8 wrote:<snip>
Another aspect is how many of us are limited companies?

To be a limited company you have to turn over £81k, on this forum we have over 600 members. How many do you think are limited?

I would wager less than a third.

Kind regards :wave:
Sorry, I fail to follow you there. What does being LTD have to do with anything - and you could turnover £0 and be a LTD company
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

For taxation purposes, you are either:

A sole trader

Or

A limited company that turns over £81k

Unless I have got that wrong, incorrect, unless my accountant has got it wrong.
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

There is no minimum turnover for a limited company however the admin and tax implications normally outway the benefits of becoming limited, are you getting confused with the VAT threshold?
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk