Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
Charlie--
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: google

Hi All

Post by Charlie-- »

Hi,

Just got in to vending and I do like it, shame I did not find this site earlier, it might have saved me a big headache.

Got 10 towers form tubz vending... Need I say more! :(

Shocking service from them and very poor site finding.
Shropvend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Wolverhampton & Shropshire
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Beavers, kiddy rides
Referred by?: tubz vending

Re: Hi All

Post by Shropvend »

Hello Charlie
Welcome to the forum, where are you based? What type of sites do you have and did you pay for the 10 machine franchise bundle on starlight charity? Curious to know how they operate now, think they are going down the old "snack a can" route in finding rubbish sites that are easy to find and I have also heard you pay for extra in stock to account for the 10% charity, is that right?

Re Lee.
Charlie--
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Charlie-- »

Hi,

Most of the sites they found are poor - only have 6 sited. 1 for example was a local pub to me (not that they knew this) - It's a nice but very small pub that's used by a few locals but not the place that sweets would sell in, the Landlord even said this to tubz vending, but they said it will be OK and persisted in getting the site. I tried it to my better judgement, as it was close by - In 6 weeks it sold 10 tubs!

I got a 10 tower "franchise" some of the sited ones are commission based and others are charity. As for cost of stock, It's VERY bad and NOTHING is near the so called "Average" price of 35p per tub.

If you need anything they are half arsed. You want to buy something and they phone you like a bloodhound!

Yes more fool me - and I learned this lesson the hard way!
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

Mate welcome on board

Never used tubz vending only Hurleys who to be fair have been great.

Have you been out site finding yourself? You know your area not the telesales people and with only 10 machines its obviously important to get high earning sites. You will get lots of knock backs but when you bag a site its a great feeling.

Where are you based?
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Charlie--
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Charlie-- »

Hi Steve,

As for the site finding myself I should do that, just reluctant as I've paid to get the 10 found for me. I thought they would have had it done by now and that I would be buying another 4 towers as had the plan to get to 20 towers by end of March, and upto 40-45 by the end of the year.
Last edited by Charlie-- on January 29th, 2015, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Post by PabloV8 »

Hi Charlie and welcome to the world of vend.

Firstly, be aware that both of the big suppliers read and look at this forum like hawks and you have guessed it - they both detest one another.

Site finding, yeah, this is an issue. Think in terms of site finders working on a commission only basis and it should answer many of your questions. Better off having a go yourself, sure it is hard - but you are finding that site finders are also finding it tough, it also took two months for them to find me 10 sites.

Products, yeah, work on the basis of a tub with delivery and vat to be 50p as an average and you will be fine, also work on basis of 20p per pot to pay for tower and stand and siting and considering the reasonable average of 25 tubs a month, it should take between two/three years to pay for tower - that leaves 30p less any commission for you. Sales people are sales people, they do not have machines of their own so band figures about as if ey had personal experience and have little too do with profit and loss.

It is a numbers game, if you can work up to a sizeable round of 100+ you should then see light at end of tunnel. It is not a bad business but it does have its moments. tubz vending have the best machinery for sure - they cost, but they are quality Clenports and not a substandard clenport that some will try and sell you.

The Chinese machines purchase at your peril - have had 14 break on me this year. Yet again last week had to recover another Chinese tower giving out 'freebies' because mechanism had broken and , had to replace a cheap clenport version tower, due to jammed mechanism. Before anyone says, machines are guaranteed for two years, been there, done that - it is a load of hastle with postage and getting the spares. Cheaper to order new parts direct, and less stressful.

Kind regards

Pablo
Charlie--
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Charlie-- »

Thanks for the reply - Not sure I understand your figures, but gettng 10-15p per tub after comission on an 25 pot per month site would be 2.50-3.75 that would harldy cover the petrol costs.

Surley stock needs to be 40p tops (not average) and sales need to be 9-10 tubs per week min with commission between 10-20%
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

In an ideal world :lol:
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom