new to vending franchising help!!

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
boxster
Referred by?: internet

new to vending franchising help!!

Post by boxster »

hi,

any help, advice appreciated!, completely new to vending franchises, I'm looking at a tubz vending or hurley's franchise, which one to choose?, sorry!,if maybe this question already been asked on this forum!,
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport
Referred by?: google

Re: new to vending franchising help!!

Post by Mark@YorVend »

LOL.... THERE IS A GOD AFTER ALL!!! :D

Hello Boxster,
I'm very biased at the moment but I will have a go at steering you in the right direction. No doubt you will have had a message from tubz vending already asking for your phone number so they can give you a high pressure sales chat!!

Firstly the machines that tubz vending provide are far inferior to the genuine Clenport machines that you get from Hurley's, so you will get far more jams and breakdowns with the cheap chinese ones you would get in a tubz vending bundle.

Then you have the stock. Both tubz vending and Hurley's sell a very comprehensive range, with tubz vending (as i'm sure they will tell you) having a lot of branded products exclusive to them. Problem is most of them, Rowntrees randoms, Rip Em's, squashies, tango chews, are absolute rubbish sellers, but really expensive and easy to pack so tubz vending will push these on you!
On top of this their pots have a large dimple in the bottom designed to take up a bit of space so they can put less sweets in. tubz vending will tell you they put the exact same quantity in as Hurley's do, but having counted several tubs recently for comparison I can tell you it's cr*p. I have actually got a photo of two upside down pots of M&M's, one tubz vending the other Hurley's, on my marketing leaflet to demonstrate the difference!

They will also sell you far more machines than they can possibly hope to site in your area, leaving you with unused machines for months. The sites they do find you though will be poached from other operators, or in sites where there is already someone else's machine, so you will probably start off in a turf war!

Take my advice, give Paul at Hurley's a call, buy 5 or ten second hand machines from him and test the water with vending first, depending on your area you may find it's a bit saturated with other operators.
I don't want to put you off, as vending can be a brilliant enjoyable business, but don't start off on the wrong foot with a garage full of overpriced machines and a vague promise from tubz vending they will find you sites from them.

If you want any more advice just drop me a PM :thumbup:

Mark
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Post by PabloV8 »

Hi Boxster,

And welcome to the world of vending, I hope everything goes really well for you.

I am unbiased and have to tell you that you can buy the Clenport's from tubz vending and yes they are a lot better than the Chinese copy version. I have well over 100 machines and can only suggest, if you can afford it, that you purchase new Clenports as I have purchased second hand machines before, to be honest they have caused me nothing but trouble in relation to call outs.

I have purchased from tubz vending and Hurleys and indeed they both sell just about the same products, with the exception of a few.

To be fair, the Clenports I bought from tubz vending almost a year ago have caused me nothing but excellent service, some of the second hand machines I bought from Hurleys have been a nightmare. The Clenports from Hurleys are not as good as the ones from tubz vending in this the quality is not as good or the finish.

This site has a love hate relationship with tubz vending however they have their good points as do Hurleys.

If you want more unbiased info just pm me!

Kindest regards and good luck.

Pablo
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

The site has no opinion towards tubz vending, it's the members opinions. Unfortunately most tubz vending won't come or aren't alllowed on here :D
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Post by PabloV8 »

Hi Matt,

I was trying to be diplomatic and did not want to get in to trade wars, totally agree that it is members that have a love hate relationship with tubz vending and not the site.

I for one deal with tubz vending and Hurleys and do indeed use the site, I do not have a franchise with either, do not owe banks any money, totally fund my enterprise with own cash as a consequence run my operation as I see fit.

It is a great pity that we do not have a couple of more companies that provide the products that we service then we might not have he trade wars that we currently have to endure!

Next year I plan to look at larger vending to see if that is any better.

So sorry if I was misleading, it was not my intention.

Happy munching!
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport
Referred by?: google

Post by Mark@YorVend »

PabloV8 wrote:Hi Matt,

It is a great pity that we do not have a couple of more companies that provide the products that we service then we might not have he trade wars that we currently have to endure!

There was, it was called Snackacan and they had more disgruntled ex franchisees than tubz vending do!! It was run by a couple called Pete and Barbera fellows and they used to try and make you sign an agreement that means you can't sell the business on without being sued. I believe tubz vending used to try the same thing, I've heard stories in the past that if you sell your round to a non tubz vending guy, they call round the sites they found for you and tell them that they should get rid of the machine and have another tubz vending franchises put the machine in. If you google snackacan you will see all sorts of stories...

There is another company run by the brother of one of the regulars on here, but I don't think he is actively looking for customers as it apparently caused him too much trouble last time with people pi**ing him about!

There's also a new company called sweetlove, but their pricing is crazy!!
boxster

Post by boxster »

hi everyone ,
thanks for the replies, it seems that there is a tubz vending v hurleys battle going on!, I haven't had either off them send me a message pushing their franchises yet though!, what is the opinion on where they site their machines?, would appreciate the opinions of the members here?,
regards, jon.
alexlg
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: Hampshire
Machines Used: none yet! (I want to be an operator)
Referred by?: I googled 'tubz vending'

Post by alexlg »

Hi jon-
Where are you based?
Alex
boxster

Post by boxster »

hi alex,
I'm based near to leamington spa,warwickshire,
jon
thesweetguy
Referred by?: tubz vending

Post by thesweetguy »

I read with interest your competitors comments regarding site finding, quality of their machines
etc. and would like to give you my experiences with Hurleys since starting in the business.

In the past we have paid over £400 up front to Hurleys site finder (Diane) and have not received any sites or got a refund.

Some friends of ours who we recommended to get into the business bought 50 New machines
from Hurleys and received 17 sites (now down to 9) and consequently were so disillusioned
with the business they sold the sites and machines to me at a loss.

Regarding the quality of their machines, perhaps Hurleys could be good enough to let me
know how to get the coin mechanism back in after they have been removed as I find this
impossible .

I am also happy to supply you the names of sites Hurleys have hijacked from myself which
I do not agree with and makes the business unpleasant.

Regards