Site Finders

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
BonesJones
Area Covered: possibly Watford
Referred by?: Google

Site Finders

Post by BonesJones »

Hi People

I have read a lot about site finding on this forum, and was just wondering if anybody has had any POSITIVE experiences with them, and if so who? I am in Watford and have my own machines (towers) which I purchased a while ago but no sites. Thanks in advance for any positive replies :D
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Re: Site Finders

Post by PabloV8 »

You pays your money in advance so be careful, do not use anyone called Joe as it might be. Joe Penguin who ripped many people off - he lives in the Sittingborne area, so I suggest avoid any site finder within 50 miles of that location.

Avoid anyone from North Wales called Diane or Dial Marketting - she still owes people shed loads of sites!

The two main suppliers both have site finders however, you get what they provide after parting with your money!

Watford strikes me as a busy area with plenty of businesses - could you not site find yourself?

Site finders in General have had bad press of late - and this was mainly their own doing!

Hope everything goes well for you!
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport
Referred by?: google

Post by Mark@YorVend »

Pablo is always being a bit of a pessimist!!

I always found DIane at dial marketing fine to deal with, but I have heard stories from a few others about bad sites and non replacements. If you go through one of the reputable (ish) companies like Hurley's and tubz vending your more or less guaranteed to get the sites or a replacement due to the 'distance selling regulations' and the 'chargeback' system the card companies have for dealing with non receipt of goods.
I have had dozens of sites from Hurley's and have had some really good returns out of the sites they found me. I'm told they now have a new sitefinding firm that are very effective and very professional, and kind of confirm with you a date for delivery of your sites so you can get the machines out within a day or two of them speaking to the site owner. :thumbup:
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Post by PabloV8 »

A pessimist!

Mark@york

Joe ripped me off to the tune of £300+

Diane got plenty of business from me however, she still owes me about 15 sites- she is too busy baking cakes etc

tubz vending - they never fulfilled the original consignment of sites when I first started this venture, was not overly concerned as the sites they presented proved to be poor however, as I understand they do have a better system/site finder.

Some of the best sites I have I got myself!

The cash I have has been earned the hard way, so pessimist no, careful - I guess more so these days!
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

We have had loads from Dianne and no major problems. But, the best ones we have are generally the ones we have got ourselves by walking in and asking. These are more likely to be commission ones and you have picked the sites yourself. I have found if you use a site finder you get some good and some rubbish. I would say for every 10 a site finder gets you there will be 2 good ones, 5 average and 3 you will need to remove.
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Mark@YorVend »

Sorry Pablo didn't mean to make you sound like a moaner :lol:

I was just trying to point out that as long as you don't do anything silly like pay cash/bank transfer, you should be fine dealing with tubz vending and Hurley's for sites, as you can always get a refund from your card supplier if they don't supply you with something you have paid for!
I know a few people (me included) used to pay Diane direct by bank transfer, which is impossible to get a refund from when the sites don't arrive. But without trying to sound like a d**k, I only ever paid in fives so I didn't get stung for a couple of hundred, once she supplied me with five I would ask her to provide another five, and send her another £75.
I know most of the people that dealt with penguin Joe didn't receive anything for their money, and I only just dodged it myself by waiting a couple of weeks for reviews to appear on here, but again I would never order 30 sites at a time!!
I don't understand the sort of people that will hand over 20k to tubz vending for the promise of being able to site 100 machines, and then seem surprised when they still have 50 of them in their living room a year later :crazy:

I have come to the realisation that the only way to get a good site that will last years is by finding it yourself, and by paying commission from the start. I am currently getting some brochures/leaflets designed to have a go myself, as I've realised the only way to get more than an occasional few mediocre sites is to get my fat northern ass out and find them myself!! :thumbup:
dorsetvending
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

Now that Mark is the answer. No one bit no one is more motivated to fine the best sites than the operator.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

PabloV8 wrote:A pessimist!

!
I got defrauded of £3000 when buying some vending machines last year. The guy has buggered off abroad, Police are waiting for him to return :nono:
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
BonesJones
Area Covered: possibly Watford
Referred by?: Google

Post by BonesJones »

Thankyou all for your replies, I'll take it all on board and start looking
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Mark@YorVend »

Coin Operated Group wrote:
PabloV8 wrote:A pessimist!

!
I got defrauded of £3000 when buying some vending machines last year. The guy has buggered off abroad, Police are waiting for him to return :nono:
If I were spending that amount with one person I would have to go pick them up myself, pay cash, and take them away with me!! I can't believe anyone would pay £3000 up front with someone they didn't know.... do you fancy some magic beans matt? :50: