Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport
Referred by?: google

Re: Penguin Solutions/Site Finding

Post by Mark@YorVend »

Hi guys!! Been off for the last week so only just catching up on this thread.

I spoke to Jo one night for ages and he seemed like a really nice guy, and I was about to start placing orders when this thread appeared, so unlike you guys I had a very lucky escape!
Jo may have done this for several reasons, either it was a cynical con from the start, or as I would believe, he took payments for work he didn't have the ability/inclination to deliver.
He may just have been a hopelessly naive dreamer, who bit off more than he could chew, and ended up squandering your cash before he actually had any results.
Believe the worst of him by all means, he hasn't bothered to get in touch or offer refunds so it may very well have been a con from the start!!
As for my advice to you guys that lost money, if you look for Penguin Solutions on companies house website, it has his address listed as 19 Borden lane.... so just go round and headbutt him!!!!

Hope my advice is constructive guys :thumbup:
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Post by PabloV8 »

Hi Mark,

He took several hundred £s of me, never contacted after that, ignored calls, email and texts this drew me towards the conclusion that I was dealing with a conman!

I shall be dealing with this character later this month (I have a reason for this), the money has as you say been squandered long before now however, will more than likely go down the small claims court route and police so that they can log a case of fraud against Joe. He reads these posts so will not say any more.

Cheers,

Pablo
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Just checked that address out!

Looks like whomever has that property moved in To the property April 2012 - since he obviously did not have a job perhaps he had arrears, if that is the case, judging the responses on the forum - looks like he may have earned ( no that is not the correct word) upwards of £000s or maybe £0000s

Pablo
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Since he was so interested in Football, maybe we funded a trip to Brazil and that might account for why we have not heard from him!

Definitely a red card Joe!
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

I suppose the only positive from this whole scenario is that I doubt if the 600+ forum members will get caught out with something like this again.

And that all businesses that are involved in the industry who did not know Joe surely do now!

See Joe, everyone gets their five minutes of fame - shame that yours revolves around fraudulent activities!
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport
Referred by?: google

Post by Mark@YorVend »

Hi Pablo, sorry to hear that you lost a good bit of money, I hope you can get it back!

I did have a very similar conversation a couple of months ago with a forum member (not telling which) ,that paid a sitefinder a lot of money and didn't get all the sites. As I said to him, people shouldn't pay such large sums up front to sitefinders, for what is basically a promise!
Whenever I get siting done, I only order in 5's!! I don't understand you guys that hand over payment for 50 sites and never get half of them, if you had ordered a smaller amount you would be nursing a £60 loss rather than a several hundred pound loss.

I know it's nice to be able to trust people but there are too many sharks out there!!
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Hi Mark,

Yeah, know what you mean.

Only started in this business early March so learning many lessons quickly, we learn by our mistakes especially expensive ones!

My real gripe is that Joe Penquin has never contacted me, no texts, emails or calls with the exception of his receipt.

Hence the belief that he is a conman.

Cheers.
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

According to companies house Penguin Solutions was formed July 2008 and dissolved in April 2011. It would be fraud to attempt to trade on a dissolved company I assume? Could Joe be registered under a different company name?

Matt, did you check that Joe's company registration details were in order before allowing him to advertise for business on this forum?

More questions than answers here?

Pete
alexlg
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: Hampshire
Machines Used: none yet! (I want to be an operator)
Referred by?: I googled 'tubz vending'

Post by alexlg »

We need to be careful that the information we post here about Joe is accurate.
According to the research I've done, Weaver Joe Baker (his full name), date of birth 18/01/1984, has only one directorship (past or present): Penguin Solutions Limited, company number 09036273. The registered office of his company is that of his accountant: William Giles Ltd of 12 Conqueror Court, Sittingbourne.
Mark@YorVend is talking about A DIFFERENT Penguin Solutions Ltd, company number 06640141 (dissolved) which was also registered in Sittingbourne. The Director of that company was a man called Vincent Hogben.
Is the existence of two companies with the same name in the same town any more than co-incidence? Personally, I DON'T think there's a connection. According to Linkedin, Mr Hogben is software developer with a BSc in Computer Software Engineering and previous employment at Merrill Lynch and a previous VP at Bank of America! From what little i know about Mr Weaver Joe Baker, I don't think they move in the same circles.
Last edited by alexlg on July 9th, 2014, 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Pete , firstly you have the wrong penguin solutions. They registered a few weeks ago.

Secondly no, I didn't check. Nobody pays me to do any work on here, it's a free website. Nobody pays subscriptions , why is it my responsibility? Tbh it's a thankless task running this site. Especially if something goes wrong.

5 years going now , funny how people are quick to the point the finger when. Something goes wrong. Not a mention regarding all the contacts they make.

Also must say you guys are reading far too much into this, jo is not a serial fraudster. Just someone Down on his luck at the moment . Still wrong what he's done though before you shoot me down.

3 people have said they lost money , are there any more?
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com