PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Re: Oxford Based Vending Virgin

Post by PGBrew »

You've got the figures from previous posts above so I won't repeat. At the moment I'm buying rounds 5/10 machines. These are all from new starters who are getting out. They all tell me the same thing. They signed up for so many sites and they never get them all delivered and the ones they do get don't perform to expectation, they can't earn the money they they were lead to belive possible. They all expect their sites in reasonable sized area, but when they get them they are all over the place.

With sweet towers you will need 250 machines to earn a living. You will not get 250 machines in and around Oxford, you will have to go much further afield, as far as Birmingham.

I've got 250+ towers am based in Watford, I go Reading, Newbury, Cholsey, Didcot & Oxford.

To make a living in Vending you must diversify, Start with Sweet towers, then toys, Pringles, wash room, tattoos, kiddy rides etc. Start with a few towers, find a few of you own sites. The best way to grow is by aquisition, buy up a few small rounds locally. Grow gradually, bit by bit, site by site, then grow the parts that make the most money. Get a part time job while you do this because growing a substantial business takes a fair capital investment.

All the best Pete
popp665
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Merseyside, Warrington
Machines Used: Bulk, Toys, Towers other non elec stuff

Post by popp665 »

If I was just starting up I would be tempted to go down the route of using one of the suppliers purley for the experince and advice they can offer + if you are not confident at site finding they do all the work for you.

I have always used tubz vending and have always found Paul to be helpful and informative, its easy for us to tell you how easy it is to do it on your own and in hindsight it probably is but if I was a complete newbie its good to have something to "fall back" on.

Vending is not a get rich quick scheme but with careful growth and good sites it can form a nice little business.
dorsetvending
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

The siters aren't too fussy.....seem to see awful lot of their towers being plonked next to existing towers....there's half your projected sales gone.....
Ferry Vending
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: Central Scotland
Machines Used: Toy/sweet vendors, rides, amusements, cranes
Referred by?: Ebay

Post by Ferry Vending »

Hi

Must say thats some good advice from Pete .

Steve