Vending towers

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
Zim vending
Referred by?: Google

Re: Vending towers

Post by Zim vending »

Hi

Guys thankyou for the input. Gav what areas do you cover?

Will try hurleys as well,

300 plus machines rich wow, do you do it full time then ?

Looking forward to building and staying in touch with you guys, thank you

Nic
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport
Referred by?: google

Post by Mark@YorVend »

With regards to telesales, I would say about 90% of people have made their minds up at the start of a phone call that they are not interested, and don't really listen to the pitch half the time. It's the same with emails, most of the time mine get deleted without reading, and telesales people get told to sod off within the first sentence.
Explaining something face to face is ten times more effective than cold calling, and sites that have said no to cold callers will in many cases say yes to someone they have a conversation with.
But as Gav has pointed out, most operators get someone like Hurley's to cold call their whole area then once that's exhausted call in someone like Gav to consolidate the area on foot. I would imagine that the success rate for him is still better than for the telesales people, even after they have had first go! :thumbup:
dorsetvending
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

Zim vending wrote:Hi

Guys thankyou for the input. Gav what areas do you cover?

Will try hurleys as well,

300 plus machines rich wow, do you do it full time then ?

Looking forward to building and staying in touch with you guys, thank you

Nic
Usually from Midlands down.....but will be heading to York by train soon
dorsetvending

Post by dorsetvending »

Mark@YorVend wrote:With regards to telesales, I would say about 90% of people have made their minds up at the start of a phone call that they are not interested, and don't really listen to the pitch half the time. It's the same with emails, most of the time mine get deleted without reading, and telesales people get told to sod off within the first sentence.
Explaining something face to face is ten times more effective than cold calling, and sites that have said no to cold callers will in many cases say yes to someone they have a conversation with.
But as Gav has pointed out, most operators get someone like Hurley's to cold call their whole area then once that's exhausted call in someone like Gav to consolidate the area on foot. I would imagine that the success rate for him is still better than for the telesales people, even after they have had first go! :thumbup:
Door to door is still tough....I'm often bemused why people take up a no risk, free of contract sweet machine......what is there to lose.....few problems siters find are:

The huge amount of managed houses where machined are a no go
More upmarket pubs will rarely give you a look in.
The fact that the machines have a relatively long history....the amount of times I've heard...."oh not one of those...had one in my last pub...nothing but trouble"
Areas are often saturated....operators want you to work for them so you can't blame them for saying there's plenty of scope even when there's limited opportunity.
Operators can sometimes set up limits to what is acceptable, reducing the number of target sites available. As Matt once said you have to accept the good and the average.

Just my observations over the last few years.
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Mark@YorVend »

Don't worry Gav, if I thought their was little chance of getting a decent amount I wouldn't waste both of our time and money! :thumbup:
As for acceptable sites I don't know why anyone would knock back a site without trying it first, I've had some sites from Hurley's that I didn't expect much from but have turned out to be top sites. They got me a nursing home site a few months ago and to be honest I was expecting it to be crap, but its probably in my top ten! You just don't know until you've tried them. If it came to a choice of leaving two machines in mediocre sites round the corner, or re-siting to a good site 20 miles, away I know which one I would choose.

As for upmarket pubs I don't have much of a problem, as this is the north... there are several round here that still have outside toilets!! :rofl:
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Post by part-time-operator »

my area is saturated, so i have taken a risk on a lot of sites that people wouldn't usually want to leave a machine in. as a result i think i have more machines vandalised as usually there's a good reason why there isn't a machine in a site. there's only a handful of "good sites" in my area which don't have machines and that's usually because they've destroyed any equipment that operators have left there.

also, anywhere with unsupervised & bored youth is a high risk site. sometimes 2 weeks after siting the machines are completely empty and full of money....sometimes they're just completely empty haha
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Mark@YorVend »

I had a lid pulled off one of mine a couple of months ago, but to be honest I wasn't sure if I had locked it properly, so I tightened the lock and haven't had any issues since. I've found the rough sites sometimes end up being the best earners, and as long as the landlord is clued up it's not too bad.
dorsetvending

Post by dorsetvending »

PG Brew said himself that the rough sites were the more likely to take machines. It's weighing up which ones are just full of characters or whether they are complete **** holes
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Mark@YorVend »

I suppose it might be worth putting a crap/tatty machine in there for the first couple of months just incase it gets vandalised or nicked, then change it for a good one if it seems trouble free. One of my sites is in a rough ish pub, but has a really clued up landlord (he comes from Bradford), he asked me to put it next to the bar so he can keep an eye on it for me.
Does anyone use chains or wall brackets for their sites, and if so how do you go about asking for it, I would imagine you can't come out and say ''you lot look dodgy, might have to chain it up''?
dorsetvending

Post by dorsetvending »

Use them very very occasionally.....but it really comes down to your feeling for a site.... losing the odd machine is same as cost of chain and padlocking all your machines....don't worry about asking them to chain it though....it's never really much of an issue that causes offence. Best tip I was ever given is as follows:

If you want to site a machine in a dodgy site ask them to alert you when they hear a beeping noise. This is a warning noise that the battery is low on the in built tracker ;-) Works a treat...