Hello from an 'almost' operator - any advice?

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
alexlg
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: Hampshire
Machines Used: none yet! (I want to be an operator)
Referred by?: I googled 'tubz vending'

Hello from an 'almost' operator - any advice?

Post by alexlg »

Hi-
My name is Alex. I'm in the midst of investigating the potential of the vending business for me. I've done nothing like this before, (unless you count being any Avon Rep!) and have a meeting arranged with tubz vending in Kent, next Monday.
I live in Southsea, Hampshire. Anyone else here from my neck of the woods?
All/any advice gratefully received!
Ax
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: Hello from an 'almost' operator - any advice?

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Hi Alex,

Welcome mate, the best advise I could give is give it a go and try it. Yes you have tubz vending, but also worth a call to Hurleys mate. See what they can offer you. Don't be taken in by misleading sales figures and if you do buy a 'package deal' then I would go with a very small one at first to find out how the company operates. Maybe by a small package from both companies and work out which one you find is more fruitful.

I would deffo give Paul @ Hurleys a ring though mate 02920 889979. Im sure other operators will have more advice for you which they can add but I stopped doing towers a few years ago so not my place to give up to date info on how the business is going really.

Hope this helps a little, and read through a few older posts.

Best thing you did was joining up here that's all I can say.

Regards
Matt
:thumbup:
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport
Referred by?: google

Post by Mark@YorVend »

Just what I was typing before you got there first Matt!

Definitely worth shopping around, there are more routes available than just the tubz vending franchise route. I started with tubz vending about a year ago, but then changed to Hurley's before I did anything rash, like sign a franchise agreement!
To be honest although I love to point out why I don't like tubz vending as often as I can, I think it would be unfair given my limited dealings with them, better for you to make up your own mind.

Matt's advice about getting a few machines from both companies is probably your best option (although tubz vending won't like it, and will have read these posts by the time you turn up on Monday). I would say however, that Hurley's would be my first choice if I was to recommend one of the companies, as you never get the impression their trying to sell you stuff to increase your order!

Please whatever you do, don't sign anything or hand over money without at least speaking to Paul @ Hurley's.

Good luck, and welcome to vending
:-)
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

You mean tubz vending read these posts ? :whistle: lol .
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Post by part-time-operator »

lol you would have thought these guys are on the hurleys payroll...

there is also the option of buying the stock from tubz vending/hurley/packing it yourself and getting some second hand machines off ebay or another operator.

this is actually the cheapest, but perhaps the hardest, option rather than buying a package from either company. when you are buying small quantities of stock you can expect to pay much more so it might be more economical to pack the stock yourself if you can be bothered.

to quote an old friend of ours "vending is a simple business, simple to get wrong" haha so you should bear in mind what level of support you will need to succeed. you might find it does suit you better to buy a start-up package or two.

i would agree with earlier advice; to speak to as many people as you can and start small. oh, and don't expect to make much money at first...
popp665
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Merseyside, Warrington
Machines Used: Bulk, Toys, Towers other non elec stuff

Post by popp665 »

Just to add some variation im with tubz vending and always hatve been and am perfectly happy. Having said that I have no reason not to think hurleys are any better or worse. Just speak to both and get the best deal you can.
alexlg
Area Covered: Hampshire
Machines Used: none yet! (I want to be an operator)
Referred by?: I googled 'tubz vending'

Post by alexlg »

Thanks everyone. I might have a few other questions another day but everything so far has been great! I'll get on the phone to Hurley's tomorrow. Ax