Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: NEW VENDING PRODUCT HELP REQUIRED

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Shropvend wrote:If you can somehow invent an electronic coin mech where you put the correct money in and it turns the barrel which releases the product then you will sell thousands of those. I would say there would be at least 5000 sweet and pringles machines out there in the market. The biggest problem in this business is that the current coin mech is stuck at a pound. Over time with rising costs including fuel and cost of living, the profit margins will be shrinking, thus making the business in future years worthless.
On the other hand if you and your 36 engineers can come up with a new style machine that does all the above, then in the words of theo paphitis from dragons den, IM IN.
Re
Lee.
I would say more like 50000 towers out there
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
dorsetvending
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

Shropvend wrote:Dan
If you can modify the current sweet and pringle towers to electronically except different coinage say a push button system, so we can adjust the price vend from a quid to say £1.10 or £1.20. Then I for one will buy s...loads of them off you and so will the rest of the guys on this forum. Do that you will be quids in.
Me personally to spend 4/5k on a machine, you have to be kidding!!
Re
Lee.
I believe our colleagues at Clenport already have a multi coin mech and a retro fit to UK coins would be possible. Goes back to convenience of a quid in your pocket rather than routing round for 2 coins argument. Not enough of us use our mobile phones to pay yet but in several years time when it is the norm and smart mechs are available at low cost then this would seriously interest me.
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

I agree that mobile technology is the way forwards and having a chip (like in the big vendors) that notifies you of products sold and if a jam etc
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Ross from Vendition

Post by Vend And Glow »

Surely it is easy enough to design a new tower machine that runs off a House alarm battery and has a change giving facility?

My first glow machines did just that. They didn't light up so the battery could be saved and when the coin went into the machine it acted as the "on" switch.

So surely an electronic tower with battery and change giving facility would be a good bet? Of course if this could be retro-fitted too it would be a good investment?

The tower would cost a little bit more but it may be worth the extra cost if it means people don't need to worry about finding the correct change? You can also up the price slightly when needed for other products?

Maybe the timing is right for the evolution of the tower vendor.
david@naughtyvend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: National & European
Machines Used: Washroom Electomechanical & Electronic
Referred by?: Matt Slater

Post by david@naughtyvend »

It's been done and I've seen the physical prototype, two problems (1) upgrade cost versus potential returns and (2) power source at location - although not a major issue. Unfortunately though I'm on a NDA (Non Disclosure) with that one...

Your new tech has to be RFID contactless cards but the issue with tower / sweet vending is the aquisition cost by the merchant partner, the lowest is about £0.25 per transaction if you are high volume and then you have the comms which require a data sim card (the networks are closing down PAYG as a breach of TOS) and / or a wireless connection piggy-backed onto the location. When you are selling a product at £1.00 and could do with a price increase to maintain margins, you'll be looking at a £1.50 Pringles tub and you have to ask a fundamental question. Would you pay that for a wee tub of chips or sweets?

The camera machine thing is a twist on something I saw about two maybe three years ago, a fella on the south coast was developing it but as the OP states it will be for big sites, big sites 95% of the time mean national contracts and that means tenders. I'm walking away from a tender next week, 800 sites and frankly I know it just isn't worth the bloody hassle which comes with it... Good idea but by the time you recoup any investment it's highly likely both technology and trends will have left the concept for dead, for example my OKI printer already has 'on the move' printing from my phone so no doubt that will filter down to the home market.

That retro fit for the Beaver style machines is needed though - a coin validator is about £50 and a change giver triple that + cost of filling it up with coins X the increased risk. One to think about but a combo head unit with one payment point would seem the most logical solution.
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Vend And Glow »

Put simply the costs of developing such a machine would be too much and any ROI would take a very long time!
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Vend And Glow »

david@naughtyvend wrote:It's been done and I've seen the physical prototype, two problems (1) upgrade cost versus potential returns and (2) power source at location - although not a major issue. Unfortunately though I'm on a NDA (Non Disclosure) with that one...

Your new tech has to be RFID contactless cards but the issue with tower / sweet vending is the aquisition cost by the merchant partner, the lowest is about £0.25 per transaction if you are high volume and then you have the comms which require a data sim card (the networks are closing down PAYG as a breach of TOS) and / or a wireless connection piggy-backed onto the location. When you are selling a product at £1.00 and could do with a price increase to maintain margins, you'll be looking at a £1.50 Pringles tub and you have to ask a fundamental question. Would you pay that for a wee tub of chips or sweets?

The camera machine thing is a twist on something I saw about two maybe three years ago, a fella on the south coast was developing it but as the OP states it will be for big sites, big sites 95% of the time mean national contracts and that means tenders. I'm walking away from a tender next week, 800 sites and frankly I know it just isn't worth the bloody hassle which comes with it... Good idea but by the time you recoup any investment it's highly likely both technology and trends will have left the concept for dead, for example my OKI printer already has 'on the move' printing from my phone so no doubt that will filter down to the home market.

That retro fit for the Beaver style machines is needed though - a coin validator is about £50 and a change giver triple that + cost of filling it up with coins X the increased risk. One to think about but a combo head unit with one payment point would seem the most logical solution.
Just one quick thought. Could an "App" not be developed that allows a customer to sign up and give debit card details to the App?

Then rather than needing a wifi connection at the location or "Piggy back" to do the sale and stock check etc the customer simply uses their own internet connection on their phone?

The phone then simply connects to the machine via the app on the customers phone and the customer places the order?

This way you don't need any sim card in the machine or any wifi connection in the building. You would only need the customers phone connection?

Kind of a "click and collect" where you buy and pay for the product online and collect instantly from the vending machine?

That way if you are using a debit card you shouldn't get charged a handling fee?

Maybe a bit of a long shot!!!!
Dan74uk
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: Instance

Post by Dan74uk »

how much are the empty snack a cans .are they all 65 grams
does anyone fill them themselves.whats a good price for these
sadler2886
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: wv,dy,ws
Machines Used: tower
Referred by?: internet

Post by sadler2886 »

Dan74uk wrote:how much are the empty snack a cans .are they all 65 grams
does anyone fill them themselves.whats a good price for these

most pots are 60grams and average cost is bout 30p plus vat

regards
rich
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

After speaking to others on the Forum I was advised to google "dan74uk" and very interesting it is too.
Good luck to Dan and his team and I look forward to seeing his innovations in the coming year!

Nigel