New to Snack-a-Can

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
chocolate
Referred by?: google

New to Snack-a-Can

Post by chocolate »

Hi everyone. I am thinking of buying some snack a can towers. What can I really expect net profit to be per tower? What are the pitfalls. I know nothing at all about vending, it's completely new to me but I fancy a change from my current job.

Thanks
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Re: New to Snack-a-Can

Post by Rossi fan »

Be careful. Do research on all minican suppliers and talk to them all before deciding.

Paul
Centurion
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Essex
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles, Condom, Blue Pill, Novelty
Referred by?: Phil Holindale

Post by Centurion »

chocolate wrote:Hi everyone. I am thinking of buying some snack a can towers. What can I really expect net profit to be per tower? What are the pitfalls. I know nothing at all about vending, it's completely new to me but I fancy a change from my current job.

Thanks
Hi. We had loads of problems with Snack-a-can tubs crushing in the towers and short sell by dates. We've dealt with the Hurley boys now for years. In our opinion, they have been excellent! Hope this helps. Regards Al.PS Where are you based?????
Last edited by Centurion on August 5th, 2012, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rossi fan

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi again,
Tower vending is all about getting good sales from the right type of sites. As I understand Snack A Can aim mainly at staff rooms and retail businesees.I have tried these types of site and they are poor compared to pubs , playbarns and other outlets where you get families going in regularly. In addition, customers do like the plastic pots, as they can see the sweets inside. You need to be avaraging 40+ sales a month. I doubt that you will do that with staff rooms and tyre fitters.

Thanks,

Paul
chocolate
Referred by?: google

Post by chocolate »

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking of buying into the franchise to get me started but not sure now. Just trying to do a bit more research. Would anyone recommend starting up with just 10 towers as a sideline? I thought that might be a good way to 'test the waters'.
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Post by part-time-operator »

i would really warn you to be careful when dealing with snack a can and definitely never buy into their franchise agreement... look at the price of their stock! :crazy:

you will be paying over the odds for the stock and the machines, their cardboard cans jam much more than the plastic pots, and they charge you silly money for telesales sites that will sell so slowly half your stock will go out of date. they do this so then they can charge you again when you want a new site... in my opinion their machines are slightly better than the tubz vending ones but the only reason someone would advise you to buy a snack a can franchise is because they want to buy your machines second hand when you give up after a year.
Rossi fan

Post by Rossi fan »

chocolate wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking of buying into the franchise to get me started but not sure now. Just trying to do a bit more research. Would anyone recommend starting up with just 10 towers as a sideline? I thought that might be a good way to 'test the waters'.

I would recomend starting independently with 10 machines.

Paul
Ade
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

definatley start independant with 10 you shouldnt have a problem getting 10 sited with family who know friends with clubs n pubs etc, you can buy your stock independantly to, i use sweetfix and have no problems. never dealt with snack a can but from what i have seen and read on here i wouldnt touch them with a barge pole, i have dealt with tubz vending and i learnt a valuable lesson there!!! i would clean toilets before giving them any more of money :thumbdown:

Ade
BG760101
Area Covered: North Eastern Bulgaria
Machines Used: Clenport Towers
Referred by?: Google

Post by BG760101 »

Ade wrote: i have dealt with tubz vending and i learnt a valuable lesson there!!! i would clean toilets before giving them any more of money :thumbdown:

Ade
Very valid point. I think a lot of us feel that way.

Regards, George.
Ade
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

Hi George i read your posts, glad to see you didnt sign with them wise move my friend, hope it picks up for you out there im sure it will as you have no competition word will spread about the towers hopefully, have you got a contact n.o on your towers for people to phone you, with the heat etc it might be worth you trying toy vending as well as towers, pringles to if you have them out there?

Regards

Ade