Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: Full UK Coverage
Machines Used: Washroom, Sweets, tubz vending, SWP, Discapa, Toys, Crane
Referred by?: Google

Hello Newbie Here

Post by David@Perform »

Hi Folks,

I am the merchandise manager for Perform Marketing. I have been with the company since 2006. The company inception came from starting to vend Golden Root in Yates. Like most we worked long hours and hard to get the first 400 machines on the walls across the UK. There were three people servicing machines from Newcastle to Plymouth all from a base in Birmingham. Certain promises were made by suppliers which they went back on so we developed Blue Zeus. This development took a long time because we wanted it to be right for the UK market and above all legitimate and authentic.

In early 2008 we purchased the assets of First Vending washroom division from the administrators which gave us a new sites for Blue Zeus and now Pink Venus. After some negotiation with the larger accounts Blue Zeus started out selling condoms 3 to1.

In late 2008 First Vending front of house division went in to administration and we subsequently bought these assets too. This lead us to SWPs, sweet, prize every time cranes, capsule, tattoo and the rest. I must admit some of this is a right headache for me as a buyer of stock etc. what with sides of the equation wanting more and more of the pie.

I enjoy forums and I will be as candid as an employee can be discussing business. If I hear of any good deals on stock or machines for sale I will let you all know. If you have any questions of me please ask.

Best wishes

David Lockwood
Merchandise Manager
Perform Marketing
david@performmarketing.co.uk
Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Re: Hello Newbie Here

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

Welcome to the forum David, that's a frank and honest explanation of where Perform are coming from. Thanks for the offer to keep us all informed of any offers, I'm sure that will benefit a lot of members on here. There are a few wholesalers on here who may be able to do the same for yourself. I look forward to seeing your input and experience on the forum.
chcvending
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: Blackpool, Preston Chorley
Machines Used: Pringles , tubz vending
Referred by?: Google search

Post by chcvending »

Hi David and Welcome to the forum.

It`s good to have you here and I hope your contributions will be more use to the members than mine ever are .

Regards

Shaun
Last edited by chcvending on March 1st, 2012, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dorsetvending
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

Sadly lost few sites to Perform - business is business
chcvending
Area Covered: Blackpool, Preston Chorley
Machines Used: Pringles , tubz vending

Post by chcvending »

dorsetvending wrote:Sadly lost few sites to Perform - business is business
I suppose it is but I would rather keep my soul than sell it down the corporate river any day.

Wouldnt be so bad if large businesses didnt avoid so much tax and paid their fair share.

Cant stand greed, If I have enough to get by on Im happy... and believe me I`d rather be a happy beggar than a miserable millionaire.

All boils down to ethics. the bigger the business the less ethical they are ( generally speaking ) just my opinion.
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

chcvending wrote:
I suppose it is but I would rather keep my soul than sell it down the corporate river any day.

Wouldnt be so bad if large businesses didnt avoid so much tax and paid their fair share.

Cant stand greed, If I have enough to get by on Im happy... and believe me I`d rather be a happy beggar than a miserable millionaire.

All boils down to ethics. the bigger the business the less ethical they are ( generally speaking ) just my opinion.
Hi Chc

I share your semntiments in business, money isn't everything!
I am no fan of big business but I hardly think that perform fall into the big corporate bracket.
I think its great that David is on here and I do hope that anyone who has lost sites to perform do not take it out on him.
As Gavin says, Business is Business and anyone could do what perform have done if they had the will and the cash behind them.
Personally, im very happy with my little vending Business as I do not have all my machines with just a few corporate clients as perform do!
Performs business model is much more risky than I would be happy with.

Nigel
Shropvend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Wolverhampton & Shropshire
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Beavers, kiddy rides
Referred by?: tubz vending

Post by Shropvend »

Hi David,
welcome to the forum I can imagine a few operators on here wanting to ask many questions regarding perform marketing. I have lost quite a few big performing sites myself to you guys in the last 6 months, which is frustrating but thats business its tough out there. Can you tell me if its true that you pay 25% commission to the managed pub sites? If yes is the answer could you tell me what prices you pay from tubz vending? As this is an open forum your honesty would be much appreciated by all operators on this forum.

Regards Lee.
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

chcvending wrote:

Hi
I agree it is disapointing to be thrown out of a site, just because a bigger organisation has obtained a contract with the company operating the site, but you cant really accuse anyone of being greedy, or avoiding tax, just because they have affected your life/business in a negative fashion. You may be happy earning just enough to get by, but most want to strive to better themselves and this sometimes involves taking risks. Both aspirations are ok, but you cant expect everyone to do what you feel is fair in life.

I would be interested to find out from David, what plans Perform have, specifically with regards to the towers being introduced to managed houses. Do they plan to expand this area? In addition, do they realise how troublesome these machines can be to operate unless you know them well enough and are near by each site. Do they have operators travelling the length and breath of the country from a central base and is this as cost effective as perhaps, engaging with well established operators and working together to obtain the best service to the customer.

Just my thoughts.

Welcome onto the forum David.

Paul
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire

Post by Snackmore »

Up the revolution!

Welcome to the madhouse David, one question I have, do you intend to apply our code of conduct namely if a site has a machine you do not site and walk away? I agree that in principal local is better all round and the service is by far superior.

If you want any site covering in Leicestershire I am your man! ;)
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

cranedoctor
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: none
Machines Used: all

Post by cranedoctor »

welcome mate

please tell everyone that i am the best supplier in the world & that they should only spend money with me

http://www.maxxgrab.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.bulk-vend.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;