Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: STOKE/CREWE/WARRINGTON/CHESTER
Machines Used: tower and pringles
Referred by?: rob from salysol gb

Re: Hello Newbie Here

Post by mikeholness »

Yes I was.
I lost £102 from this deal.
Still never got it back from tubz vending have complained several times.

Mike Holness
Topvend

PGBrew wrote:tubz vending sid do a deal a few years ago with I think it's Mitchell & Butler and putting the business through operators. The deal went wrong and folded a few months later, not sure exactly why. I lost £60. Was anyone else on this deal?

Pete
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

How did you lose money? Was it commission owed to you ?
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
mikeholness
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: STOKE/CREWE/WARRINGTON/CHESTER
Machines Used: tower and pringles
Referred by?: rob from salysol gb

Post by mikeholness »

Yes commission owed.
Had to leave money on site.
I was lucky,could have been more.
I had just bought this site from an exsisting operator so had to go with what was agreed basically.
It was also 30% commission which I was not happy with.
luckily Mitchell & butlers fell out with tubz vending(like everyone who deals with them does eventually)and I managed to keep site as manager was happy with service I gave.
Then just went to normal reciepts and took my money.

Mike Holness
Topvend
National Vending wrote:How did you lose money? Was it commission owed to you ?
kris@tubzbrandsltd
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: south east
Machines Used: towers
Referred by?: New forum

Post by kris@tubzbrandsltd »

Hello Mike,

The original deal we set up in 2006 with Mitchell and Butler was that we and our operators could site the tubz vending Towers into a select type of sites that M&B were happy for us to trial for a number of months. Mostly themed pubs / night clubs.

The agreement was that all the monies from the sites were to be left with the site then tubz vending HQ had to invoice Mitchell and butler for all the monies owed for all the sites on a monthly basis. tubz vending would then get monies less VAT and 30% commission 30 days later.

The problem with the setup was that many of the operators did not send the figures for the monies taken and left on site in time or in the correct format together with the copies of the signed invoice receipts from each of the sites which were stipulated by M&B and were explained to all the operators before sites were passed over. So when we submitted the figures to Mitchell and butler as much of the information was missing on a regular basis they would refuse to pay out where the information was missing or incorrect.

Also the sites commission that they did pay out they were taking up to 90 days to pay tubz vending. tubz vending were still paying the operators that did send in the correct paperwork after 30 days just to try and keep the setup running as we believed it to be a good opportunity at the time.

After the trial both tubz vending and Mitchell and butler decided that working this way was not going to work going forward as getting the information they required was so unreliable and they would prefer to work with one company that serviced all the sites themselves and would have the all the information they required in house.

We informed the operators of the decisions and asked our operators to make their own arrangements with the sites until M&B found one company that could cover all the sites they required, which M&B were happy with.

When all the commission payments were wrapped up tubz vending were over £3,500 out of pocket due to making payments out to operators before receiving them from M&B.

To our Knowledge all operators that sent in the correct paperwork had been settled or a credit for stock given. So Mike if you believe you are still owed anything please give us a call and we will look into it and resolve if that is the case.

Hope this helps.
Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

KRIS IS ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kris@tubzbrandsltd
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: south east
Machines Used: towers
Referred by?: New forum

Post by kris@tubzbrandsltd »

Yes Noel,

I was having problems with my login in details which i have finally managed to get round to getting sorted.

Regards :wave:
Venderbase
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: 1
Machines Used: 1

Post by Venderbase »

You could have rang weeks ago to get it sorted!
Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

I thought Matt had sorted that ages ago.
David@Perform
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: Full UK Coverage
Machines Used: Washroom, Sweets, tubz vending, SWP, Discapa, Toys, Crane
Referred by?: Google

Post by David@Perform »

choice vending wrote:David i sent you a PM 2 weeks ago. Do you not wsh to reply???
Not sure what you were asking fella, but as our commander in chief say every PMQ 'I refer the honorable member to my previous answer" as to whether I am friend or foe. Please take me as you find me.
David@Perform
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: Full UK Coverage
Machines Used: Washroom, Sweets, tubz vending, SWP, Discapa, Toys, Crane
Referred by?: Google

Post by David@Perform »

FlintVending wrote:Hi Gavin

Like you I am very dissapointed about Perform now providing tubz vending towers and I have been kicked out of two good sites (hungry horse and wacky warehouse) I had because Perform now provide this service.
I fail to see how we could "work together on this" as you put it!
Perform leave all money on site, pay a whooping 30% commission and have to wait two months for there own share.
Good luck to them, but as an independant, I would want no part in that deal, way to generous to the site IMO. :nono:
Let them go ahead and spoil all the big pub chains, I have lots of free house business and I will ride the storm no matter how many deals they do with a bunch of accountants who run most managed pubs these days.
It wont be long before we are discussing there demise at this rate, they will go the way of the two other outfits they bought out, namely Enterprise and First vending.
If you want to blame someone for this situation, perhaps you should consider tubz vending.
NOT for doing the deal with Perform, that is just business.
They are at fault for selling the towers into these managed houses "thru the back door" and not setting up a proper contract to supply them thru the proper channels like Perform have done!
A lot of tubz vending Franchsees will be rightly hacked of about this and Im sure they will want tubz vending to offer some kind of equivlent site as compensation?

As Independant Vendors, how do you think we should approach this problem??
Cheers
Nigel
Nigel is quite correct in saying that we only deal with the big pub chains, we do and like I have previously posted lose one of these and we might have problems. So we do what is asked of us and that is not always the best place to be in. All decisions about what machines what goes in these 'managed' houses is down to the company machine managers and not site managers. If any of you guys have done deals with site mangers at Horses or Wackys you maybe asked to remove your machines. The site manager should not of agreed it in the first place. Apologies for that.
You are a bit out on the commission though we don't pay anyone 30% where there sales of product involved and any commission we do pay is net of VAT.

Cheers
David