Hello

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Ross from Vendition

Hello

Post by Vend And Glow »

Hi my name is Lee Wharton and i own Vend And Glow.
I was asked to come to these forums by Ross from Vendition and he says you are a friendly bunch so here goes.

I Designed and had manufactured a vending machine for the nightclub and bar industry.
I made a few mistakes along the way purely because i was new to designing, branding, business and bringing something new to the market.

I went on Uk business forums today to ask for investment and help in taking the business to the next level.

I have had a number of people offer me the money i need and they have the knowledge and experience i desired, but seeing as you guys know your stuff i wanted to get a different angle on my business.

My website is out of date so don't take any notice of it. It was more of an ego thing that i put it up before i even knew the costs!

Anyway the machine is a glow novelty vending machine that sells a tube that contains 2x 6inch glowsticks, 4x bracelets, 1x necklace and a set of glow glasses for £3.

I had the machines made in Britain and the product is from China to my own spec.

My machines have attracted a lot of interest but i am not happy with them, so wont sell them yet.

They need re -designing and thats what the investment is needed for.

I should point out i have a one off machine that was built to overcome some of the design faults of the first batch of machines (see the website picture) and this is a really nice machine and it is currently with Butlins in Skegness.

I have tested the machines with Luminar Leisure, Tenpin, Butlins and have a machine in LA Bowl in Warrington.

So let me know what you think and please feel free to pick it to pieces if need be.

The website is http://www.vendandglow.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Thanks.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: Hello

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Great idea, are you selling as a package? how have field trials gone? what premises did you try in? ade is right you have come to the best place for vending!!!

Dont worry about the design for your machine its all about 1 thing .....location location location!!

There are plenty of guys on here who have numerous leisure busineses on here whom will hopefully e able to offer you some more guidance, maye offer some larger operators a trial package with minimal investment?
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Vend And Glow »

Well that's just it, i have no experience so although the website does offer a package i really don't know what else i can offer?

Would vending operators lease a machine and site if i placed it for them? Say a minimum 12 months and if they dont like it they can hand it back?

Field trials haven't been great just yet although some have sold an average 8 tubes per week.
There are a number of reasons for this though like no lighting on the machines for a start and a number of bars/clubs closing down (Luminar)

I have found the best place are the bars. This is because people still have some money in the pocket when in a bar as opposed to being in a nightclub at the end of the night when they have paid a fortune to get in and they have spent most of there money.

Obviously Butlins does ok too but it's seasonal.
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

Have you thought about packaging so that your product can be vended through exsisting machines, also different product mixes at different prices?

Pete
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Vend And Glow »

I have thought about different product mixes yes, and it is something i will do once the machine has been redesigned to vend multiple selections.

With regards to vending through existing machines, what do you have in mind?
Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

Hi Lee, I think you have a good idea on your hands, and I think it can be marketed in more ways than just vending. You have a lot on your plate what with the product AND the machine AND the marketing, seeking investment etc. I would like to buy 200 of these tubes off you right away as I have another idea for selling them which I think could be very good and would suit vending operators on here. I reckon these could be sold in shops with a small cheap stand nicely graphiced like your machine. If you are looking for someone to trial it that way over here in Ireland then give me a buzz on 07955 252529. That would also help you to sell on the product and make some profit which would mean you don't have to look for as much investment thereby retaining more control over your company. I reckon as well that putting these in £1 shops and party shops will sell real well. Also since we are event organisers we could use these and organise uv/ glow parties. In fact even though these would sell from vending machines, I think they may be more suited to retail selling thereby relieving yourself of a big headache, machine wise. A small cardboard POS stand or shelf display would look great in a shop.
I think they could be placed in
Hairdressers
Novelty shops
Party shops
Newsagents
Nail Bars
18 to 21 Bars
£1 shops
Petrol Stations
Market Stalls
Playbarns
Considering the profit is almost 4 times more than the sale of a Tub of sweets, you only have to sell 1/4 of the amount to make the same profit as a sweet tower. Imagine if in any of these sites you were getting 5 sales a week.That's £8 per week profit per site. If you incorporate this into your existing rounds then Bob's ur uncle. Could turn a quiet round into a very good one with only a few extra sites.
The way I would work it , to avoid invoicing and hassle would be to give a box/stand of 50 of them to a shop, without taking money off them. Go back after a month top up the stand or box and just charge them for what's sold. It's a virtual vending machine without the breakdowns or the cost. It would also be a good trial to test the longevity of the product. It would also give the product exposure in the outside world so clubbers would recognise the machine when in night clubs.
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi,
I also think this is a great idea and I can see the machine that you are working on doing well in certain locations, like night clubs, pubs where younger adults are the main customers and many other outlets, if sold seperately and via other methods as Noel has stated above.

Could you please let me know the size of the tube that they are vended in and the cost of the tube. I am wondering if they will fit into either a pringles type container, or a minican pot, if seperated. Also, what about putting them in capsules and vending them from Bouleys etc.

Thanks,

Paul
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Vend And Glow »

Rossi fan wrote:Hi,
I also think this is a great idea and I can see the machine that you are working on doing well in certain locations, like night clubs, pubs where younger adults are the main customers and many other outlets, if sold seperately and via other methods as Noel has stated above.

Could you please let me know the size of the tube that they are vended in and the cost of the tube. I am wondering if they will fit into either a pringles type container, or a minican pot, if seperated. Also, what about putting them in capsules and vending them from Bouleys etc.

Thanks,

Paul
Hi Paul they wouldn't fit as far as i know.

The glowsticks are 6inches and the bracelets are around 7-8 inches.

Each tube contains 2x 6inch glowsticks, 4x bracelets, 1x necklace and a set of glow glasses.

I sell the tubes at £1.15+Vat. Rrp is £3 but they do sell at £4 too.
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply.
I am considering the possibility of selling them directly to my pubs and other outlets, but to make it worthwhile, I would like to sell out at £2.40 for small orders and drop down to £2 for large orders. Do you have any literature that I can use to show my sites and get a flavour for how interested they may be.

Thanks
Paul
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Vend And Glow »

Rossi fan wrote:Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply.
I am considering the possibility of selling them directly to my pubs and other outlets, but to make it worthwhile, I would like to sell out at £2.40 for small orders and drop down to £2 for large orders. Do you have any literature that I can use to show my sites and get a flavour for how interested they may be.

Thanks
Paul
I have a couple of posters and leaflets i use in the pubs and clubs?
If you pass me your email i will see what i can find and send it over if you like?