Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
iVend
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: Search engine

Looking to start

Post by iVend »

Hi there,

I need to earn some extra income and thought it a good idea to buy a couple of vending machines. I had a look at the offer tubz vending is making and it looks quite good, but then I've read some bad posts which makes me wonder whether I will really get the support I need, especially when starting out?

I also had a quick look at the Hurleys product, but I was wondering if it sells well when people can't really see the product, like with tubz vending?

I'm really excited about this forum and reading about the good and the bad.

I would appreciate if someone could give me some sort of guideline.

I actually wanted to start off with something like a drinks machine, but I can't seem to find anything offering a franchise deal or similar. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough? :D

Thanks
Charlene
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Re: Looking to start

Post by Ade »

hi charly, theres really 4 suppliers of the sweets, tubz vending. Vending Revolution, hurleys and sweetfix, the first two offer package deals which include the towers, problem is they think they own you, so further down the line if for any reason you decide you dont want their product any more they have what can only be described as a hissy fit. hurleys offer towers to and site finding but dont tie you in. sweetfix are good for the sweets as they very cheap with good packaging (to be fair hurleys and tubz vending packaging is good to) and very cheap on postage costs, best thing to do if your worried about packaging is ask for some free samples to be sent to you. all the suppliers (except Vending Revolution) are on here and will read your post and tell you they are the best but if you are unsure buy a few towers off ebay (loads on there) and have a go at getting them sited so you get a feel for it, ask friends/family who may have shops. local pubs/clubs etc. best time of year to get them sited.
with regards to drink machines speak to matt on here, he will point you in the right direction (national vending) as for support you will need you will get that on here, we are all here to help, welcome to the forum.

Regards

Ade
alrobs
Area Covered: north west wales
Machines Used: bulk,tower,pringles,condoms,cigarette,tomy,bouly
Referred by?: easy vend

Looking to start

Post by alrobs »

If you only want a few towers, buy new Clenporte ones. Buying used off eBay could mean you're buying someone else's junk
iVend
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: Search engine

Post by iVend »

Thanks for the replies. Yes I was wondering about buying off e-bay as I read a couple of posts on here and it doesn't look like a good idea!
Ade

Post by Ade »

ive bought loads off ebay, never had a problem, they are easy to correct if faulty theres nothing to them

Ade
Ade

Post by Ade »

also a lot of them for sale are because people have pulled out of vending
valiant016
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: Fylde Coast/Blackpool
Machines Used: Tower, Pringles, Beaver
Referred by?: slater210

Post by valiant016 »

Don't tie yourself in to one supplier.

EBay machines are generally okay, but there are a few risky ones around.

Hurleys will site find, 10 sites at a time, £10 per site.

If you are going to go into vending, even part-time, then 10 machines is probably the minimum to be viable.

The key thing to remember is that at first the money is all going out and very little coming in, if you do it correctly that should change, how quickly, will depend on the quality of sites and how many you go for.

Anyway, good luck.

Valiant
glennborthwick
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: devon dorset somerset
Machines Used: bulk tower toy condoms

Post by glennborthwick »

hi charly
drop me a line for a pricelist

glennborthwick@aol.com
Paul@HurleysFoods
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Uk
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Paul Collier and Many other Vendors

Post by Paul@HurleysFoods »

Hi Charly. We have second hand and new machines available. Our next delivery of 200 Clenportes arrive here at the end of next week. We do the site finding for only £10 and we have a very wide variety (25 sweet and 4 savoury) of product lines. We wont tie you to any contracts and will help your business to grow as quickly or slowly as you wish it to. Before you make a decision on who to use, take advice from the other vendors on here and look around at all the posts and form your own opinion. If you want any free advice, please give me a call on 02920 889979 and take a look at http://www.hurleysfoods.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Many thanks, Paul.
Centurion
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Essex
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles, Condom, Blue Pill, Novelty
Referred by?: Phil Holindale

Post by Centurion »

I need to earn some extra income and thought it a good idea to buy a couple of vending machines. I had a look at the offer tubz vending is making and it looks quite good, but then I've read some bad posts which makes me wonder whether I will really get the support I need, especially when starting out?

I also had a quick look at the Hurleys product, but I was wondering if it sells well when people can't really see the product, like with tubz vending?

I'm really excited about this forum and reading about the good and the bad.

I would appreciate if someone could give me some sort of guideline.

I actually wanted to start off with something like a drinks machine, but I can't seem to find anything offering a franchise deal or similar. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough? :D

Thanks
Charlene
Hi Charly.We've been trading with Hurleys for some time now,prices are very good,service good to.
Hope this helps. Regards Alan. :thumbup: