Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

I hope to lose my virginity soon!

Post by Snackmore »

Hi all

Another newbie to the forum.

I am due to purchase a chilled can machine and a chilled snack machine to provide a call centre of approx 250 staff. This location is my work premises and I have gained permission to replace the existing vendor. The reason for this decision is the amount of complaints from staff that the machines are not stocked quickly enough and also the prices charged. I will not be paying commision or any site fees and wonder if anyone can give me an idea of what my turnover/profit would be? I intend to trade at Bookers or similar.

I intend to charge 60p per chocolate item/can of pop and 50p for crisps, 60p for non standard crisps like cheddars etc.

I am also in the market for the machines and again wonder if anyone can offer advice what to go for/stay away from?

I wouldalso be interested in a stack tower to sell nuts and sweets, what is the best way of going about this?

This site looks good and I hope to read all through it tonight. I thank you for your help in advance

Kind regards

Steve
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I hope to lose my virginity soon!

Post by Snackmore »

I should add that I am in the market for second hand machines and only have a budget of around £1200 for both machines. One seller on ebay has verbally offered both for £900 but I would go and view first
Vendition Ltd
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: chichester-eastborne-crawley
Machines Used: bulk tower - tubz vending/salysol and pringles
Referred by?: heard about this through the grape vine

Post by Vendition Ltd »

Hi Steve,

personally from what I have researched and from experienced people in this department on this forum will tell you that it's not worth it. You need to have loads of these machines to make it worth while

Hope i'm wrong but for just 1 site I think you are wasting your time
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

250 staff in a call centre I would say worth doing it as your turnover would be good, would expect roughly 250 a week work on 50% on chocolate and 100% on cold drinks. What spock is saying is right normally but with that many staff its worth having a go.
Finding a site with 250 staff is pretty rare, most sites 50-100 staff I would say hard work and yep you need 5 or so machines out to make it work.

Regarding machines themselves give me a call on 07944 202 202 will point you in the right direction and be very carefull about buying mc's off ebay as that where I offload all my junk and a few others do. Ive seen machines going on ther for £800 worth about £25 scrap in reality.

Bookers or other wholesalers are ideal as you wont be buying enough stock to get discounts from vending wholesalers.

Mind you saying all that where are you based? if its Birmingham then scrap the idea its all a complete waste of time :liar:
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Snackmore »

Thanks both. It will only be one site althogh there is the potential to expand at othe sites owned by my employer although would sooner get started at one site before expanding my empire!

I was lookin on ebay I must admit, I will take you up on your kind offer and ring you. Many thanks.

You can breath again its not Bimingham, I only went there once and could not understand what everyone was saying? ;)
Venderbase
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: 1
Machines Used: 1
Referred by?: 1

Post by Venderbase »

I was lookin on ebay I must admit, I will take you up on your kind offer and ring you.

You can breath again its not Bimingham, I only went there once and could not understand what everyone was saying? ;)
That'll be an interesting phone call :lol:
MEGA VEND

Post by MEGA VEND »

Hi Steve and Welcome to the forum.

250 staff & NO comm :!: Your a lucky man :D

Matt aka National Vending ~ Listern to what he has to say, his been in this business a long time and is true to his word...

Do you have an account at Booker yet :?: You will need to be a business to get an account.

If you PM me I can call our area manager and ask him to sort it out for you.

BTW: Where are you based :?:
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you manage to sort anything out yet steve ?
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Snackmore »

Hi guys, Yes all going well, take delivery in the next 2 weeks of a can machine and a snack machine. I am also looking at getting a tower vendor just to spoil my customers.

I have managed to blag a Makro account (although do not think they are that cheap) and have approached Bookers but as Megavend states (sorry I cant see your name) they have stated that I would need business paperwork which I wont have. The only thing that I will have is an invoice for the machines and proof of public liability insurance so I will struggle. I really would appreciate your kind offer of contact with the area manager. I am based in Leicester and there is a Bookers nearby. I would PM you but that looks very confusing and I have no idea how to do it. I can be contacted on 07974 121230 or snackmore@gmail.com

Thanks again guys
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

steve@snackmore wrote:Hi guys, Yes all going well, take delivery in the next 2 weeks of a can machine and a snack machine. I am also looking at getting a tower vendor just to spoil my customers.

I have managed to blag a Makro account (although do not think they are that cheap) and have approached Bookers but as Megavend states (sorry I cant see your name) they have stated that I would need business paperwork which I wont have. The only thing that I will have is an invoice for the machines and proof of public liability insurance so I will struggle. I really would appreciate your kind offer of contact with the area manager. I am based in Leicester and there is a Bookers nearby. I would PM you but that looks very confusing and I have no idea how to do it. I can be contacted on 07974 121230 or snackmore@gmail.com

Thanks again guys
Who did you get machines from steve and how much etc? pm if you want.