New vending concept

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Ross from Vendition

Re: New vending concept

Post by Vend And Glow »

Hi Phil, congrats on your machine. I know how hard it is to do what you have done as i have been there myself. (actually designing a mark2 machine now)

The only competitor that you have are these http://www.trendyvend.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. They have massive backing and are growing fast. There machines are much more expensive than yours so you have an advantage there, however they have more of a product line.

They make the majority of the money from advertising as far as i know. The screen on the front of the machine and leaflets in the boxes.

Among other things i have had a machine designed for lynx bullet. (will try and find a picture)

Cheers, lee
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

DRY/MAGIC wrote:Hi Paul
I have around 70 machines in my local and surrounding areas. Turnover on machines vary from every site on average 10 sites pulls around £2-250 per month. But i do have sites that have took £80 in 1 month eg. Henry J Beans in Printworks, Manchester. My sites are al independent and i am not involved with any breweries. This is my aim but like i mentioned in my intro i am trying to grow the business by myself.
There are 150 units in a box at a cost of £90 = 60 pence each.
It is down to the operator to find the sites however i do get lots of interest all over the country asking but i cannot supply as it would not be worth while, just last month i had a shopping centre in Aberdeen asking for 4 machines.Any sites i would get would go to the area operator.
The machines are very secure and you can find pictures on the website or i can email you some as i have newer machines that are smaller.
I dont think i really have any competitors that im aware of.
Im not really interested in the franchise fees any more im more concerned about gettin the machines out there and then making on stock.
I can offer a great deal on machines with stock.
Hope this has helped.
(i feel like im on Dragons Den)

Thanks Phill,

I see you do have a little competition. I anticipate that ppl will buy Lynx against a non advertised brand sold at the same price.
Site finding is something you should try and include in your franchise as this will get ppl interested. If you had this and were willing to offer small start up numbers, you may have better outcomes.
I will watch for the moment.

Thanks anyway,

Paul

Thanks Phill
DRY/MAGIC
Area Covered: uk
Machines Used: toilet vending
Referred by?: friend

Post by DRY/MAGIC »

Thanks Lee
Yes it has been very difficult there is that 1 competitor but i have only ever seen 1 machine in a toilet in the north west and that was in Liverpool, also they use large electric machines.
I actually approached Unilever about using lynx but they turned me down :( .
As far as people preferring to but lynx, i dont think its a problem as lynx is a body spray to make you smell nice if you spray on your arm pits when sweating u would actually sweat more where as Dry Magic is an anti-perspirant to make you stop sweating and smell nice.(Both serve a different purpose).
Paul appreciate your input, i am not sure how the site finding works as i cant drive all over the country. I do get requests for the machines but cant justify driving to fit them.
Also i am offering a small package of 10 machines each with 30 units of stock for £1000 so after sales based on you paying the site 50p each unit the whole cost would be £550.
Rossi fan

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your reply. I now appreciate the difference between Lynx and Dry magic and can see how customers will seperate them.

I agree that site finding is better on foot, but most of our tower vending sites are found by telesales. This gets you a foot in the door so to speak.

I have also sent you a personal message Phil.

Cheers
Paul
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Ross from Vendition

Post by Vend And Glow »

DRY/MAGIC wrote:Thanks Lee
Yes it has been very difficult there is that 1 competitor but i have only ever seen 1 machine in a toilet in the north west and that was in Liverpool, also they use large electric machines.
I actually approached Unilever about using lynx but they turned me down :( .
As far as people preferring to but lynx, i dont think its a problem as lynx is a body spray to make you smell nice if you spray on your arm pits when sweating u would actually sweat more where as Dry Magic is an anti-perspirant to make you stop sweating and smell nice.(Both serve a different purpose).
Paul appreciate your input, i am not sure how the site finding works as i cant drive all over the country. I do get requests for the machines but cant justify driving to fit them.
Also i am offering a small package of 10 machines each with 30 units of stock for £1000 so after sales based on you paying the site 50p each unit the whole cost would be £550.
Yea the Trendy Vend are big and expensive to install, so you have one over on them there. You don't need Uni Levers permission to sell the bullet, just go to the cash and carry!
DRY/MAGIC

Post by DRY/MAGIC »

I went to unilever for investment and for an instant foot in the door but they was not interested if i could have got them then i could have got the stock cheaper.
There is only them with a canister that small and the company that makes them wont sell to anyone else.
Rossi fan

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi Phil,
I have looked at the pics on your site. Could you confirm how secure the front panel showing the cannisters is. I presume that it is perspex, or is it a picture of what is inside. Could you also confirm how many cannisters each machine holds.

Thanks,

Paul
DRY/MAGIC

Post by DRY/MAGIC »

Each machine holds around 50 units i tend to put around 30 in them.
The fronts are perspex. I now put a mesh behind it in the bars that i think may cause problems also the machines on the website are my older ones the newer ones are smaller i will put a pic on if someone could let me no how please
Thanks
DRY/MAGIC

Post by DRY/MAGIC »

This is one of the new machines with the protective mesh.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DRY/MAGIC

Post by DRY/MAGIC »

POOR PICTURE SORRY